It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Nope, just fed up with the outright BS from this administration, over and over again.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: scojak

Trump is simply standing up for his country.

By wasting $200,000+ on a stunt to go all the way to a Colts game, get up and leave. That's standing up for his country? And if the players continue to kneel (which they certainly will) the week and the following week? He'll just keep throwing away tax payer money to protect his ego and you'll be all groovy with this right?

Priorities for the Trump administration. With people like you why does he have to worry about being accountable?

I get where you're coming from here, but seriously what do you hope to accomplish with all this vitriol and rage and personal attacks on people's character? "People like you"...wtf is that all about?? Seriously, step away from the keyboard and take a walk or something and then come back and read, from beginning to end, all of your posts again.

Every single one of them is practically bubbling over with hate. No one is going to listen to you if you're just attacking everyone and anyone but the subject of your own thread.

If you think it's acceptable for people to kneel for the anthem for what they believe in, then it should be equally acceptable for the VP, who is also an American citizen, to express himself by doing the same. And it should further be perfectly acceptable for other Americans to be supportive of his choice, just as their fellow citizens are of entire teams of people who make millions of dollars off the people of this country themselves to play a sport and waste money, time and resources to launch this protest in the first place.

But but the money...I know, I know. I too would like to see the billions of dollars wasted over the years by a multitude of presidents and VPs and their families on senseless, frivolous excess given to the people out there who pay their taxes just like everyone else, yet are unable to put adequate nutrition into the bellies of their families.

However, launching a tirade against people for supporting (or not feeling scandalized by) the decision of the VP to remove himself from a situation that he didn't agree with is not going to feed anyone. The only thing this feeds is the division and turmoil among the people of this nation in a time where it has never been more important to come together as a unified voice.

It may have been a stunt. But so is the entire kneeling thing. It is meant to make a statement. It was planned in advance. Staged. And it happens over and over, every single week. Pence got up and walked out of one football game. One.

Many, many people have made, and continue to make, gobs of money off of that stunt...from BOTH sides of the issue. How many people do you think those players are worried about, who make a fraction of their ridiculous pay, not having enough food to eat while they're kneeling out there...or making a point of standing for that matter...for the cameras? How many tears do you think they cry over the plight of their fellow Americans who don't get paid millions to put on spandex tights and a shiny helmet and run around a football field to entertain people? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say probably not very many, if any of them.

They don't care either. The only thing they care about regarding this specific issue...and by "they", I mean Pence and Trump himself as well...is chasing the selfish, childish, exhaustive goal of being right. Having more perceived righteousness than the other side. Proving a point.

Any stunt is designed to get attention, a reaction. And the ones currently being played out are so successful that none of the real, serious issues facing our nation seem to matter at all in the wake of them. They are emotionally manipulating millions of people and deliberately furthering the divide.

It doesn't really matter how much money gets wasted. It's all a waste. Wasted time, energy, money, resources...that happens every single minute in this country. We're a nation full of materialistic, greedy, spoiled and entitled people. If we weren't, this issue wouldn't have been allowed to continue to escalate as it has.

If you believe that Pence did this as a stunt on the dime of we, the People, then why do you think he did it? To further the division? Well if so, it worked. And if you want to see an example of how, go back and look at your own posts.

They got you. They manipulated you into lashing out at your fellow Americans with hate and venom, for having an opinion that does not mirror yours, over $200,000 when every other day of the week our country throws away millions...and none of it is going to feed the hungry, either.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I already said what the problem is. The Indy trip it was an abuse of executive power, meant to intimate and create a chilling effect for ALL citizens exercising their constitutional rights to free speech and peaceful protest as redress the Government for grievances.

The Government, which is what Pence and Trump ultimately represent, isn't granted constitutional free speech rights or the right to protest against the people's constitutional right to free speech and peaceful protest, to redress their grievances against The Government. Those rights are granted to The People.

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
a reply to: JDmOKI

Nope, just fed up with the outright BS from this administration, over and over again.

I agree but didnt start with trump and the outrageous meter is ramped up because the media hate trump.

I voted for Obama and everything he did was praised and applauded which makes me equally sick to my stomach.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

LOL, so free speech is variable depending on whether it's the left exercising it or the right? LOLOLOL

Pence is forcing his views onto people because he's using his influence, but the NFL players are not using their influence to force their views... how cute.

Pence's action could not have got a better reaction

He's drawn out the left to expose their hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This isn't about left or right. It's about government suppression of The People's rights to freedom of speech and the right peacefully protest, making their grievances known to the government.

What was Pence protesting? The free expression of those constitutional rights, at his boss' command.

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: MysticPearl

Cry some more crocodile tears.

You betcha I'd cry crocodile tears. Because I know that money Trump wasted on this stunt could have gone to needy families in this country. What do you care though? Seriously? Your guy's in so head in the sand.

Had nothing to say when Obama and Hillary wasted massive amounts

What massive amounts? Explain to me a time Obama and Hillary pulled such a stunt using tax payer money?

Please, enlighten me.

Where were you when Obama was wasting billions of dollars trying to prop up failing green industry technology.. the untold billions wasted on many failed businesses?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I thought the role of government was to govern, not to troll.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Exactly!

Donald Trump doesn't know the meaning of the word respect in any of it's many applications.

To tell you the truth, I seriously doubt that he knows the meaning of most words containing more than four letters.

It doesn't matter if you're talking about respecting our flag, the national anthem, the office of the President, the justice system, those serving in our armed forces, women (including his own wives) or human beings in general.

Trump is a raging narcissist who values nothing other than money, power & praise. If he's expressing outrage over anything else, it's absolutely fake.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
YUP. That's exactly what it was.
The reaity tv star set the whole thing up.
What a jackass!.
edit on 1092017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Yeah even funnier how it doesn't matter now right?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Wasn't this all originally about police brutality or something? Now what the hell are we talking about?

Yeah.

Bunch of over paid one percenters and a league that rakes in billions.

Where 30 second tv ads goes for millions.

I'd walk out too over political hackery over what is suppose to be a sport.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You think it's different this time? Please explain to me. Help me understand what makes this acceptable?

It's trump doing it. That's what makes it ok. The messiah has spoken.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Here's what the NFLPA

NFLPA Statement on Players' Constitutional Rights

NFL players are union members and part of the labor movement that has woven the fabric of America for generations. Our men and their families are also conscientious Americans who continue to be forces for good through our communities and some have decided to use their platform to peacefully raise awareness to issues that deserve attention.

It is a source of enormous pride that some of the best conversations about these issues have taken place in our locker rooms in a respectful, civil and thoughtful way that should serve as a model for how all of us can communicate with each other.  

We should not stifle these discussions and cannot allow our rights to become subservient to the very opinions our Constitution protects. That is what makes us the land of the free and home of the brave.  

NFLPA

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

I thought the role of government was to govern, not to troll.

If Pence wants to exercise his constitutional rights on a Sunday afternoon, he's quite entitled to.
The fact his actions have brought such a blowback from the same people standing up for NFL players is sweet. I am sure that was the intent... to draw out the hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This isn't about left or right. It's about government suppression of The People's rights to freedom of speech and the right peacefully protest, making their grievances known to the government.

What was Pence protesting? The free expression of those constitutional rights, at his boss' command.

He's allowed to protest whatever he wants to.
It is very much about left and right, unfortunately. Or radical left vs normal people, more accurately. The radicals seem upset that someone would dare voice an opinion that isn't theirs

edit on 9/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No, he's not. He was ordered to walk out by the President of the United States. He couldn't do whatever he wanted, He did what the President ordered him to do.

It's not about right and left, it's about government suppression of The People's right to peaceful protest and their free speech. That knife cuts both ways, right and left.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No, he's not. He was ordered to walk out by the President of the United States. He couldn't do whatever he wanted, He did what the President ordered him to do.

It's not about right and left, it's about government suppression of The People's right to peaceful protest and their free speech. That knife cuts both ways, right and left.

BWAHAHAHA.
If pence agrees to protest on behalf of the President - great - he's allowed.
This could not be going any better.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If it was a white Christian player who started this whole thing to protest, say abortion, and kneeled during the anthem because the rights of the unborn were not being respected, how would this be playing out now?

It sure as heck wouldn't be about the flag. There would be counter protest. And Trump would've sent Pence to a game to kneel WITH the players.

This is NOT about the flag, or disrespecting America.

This is about conservatives being upset that black men started protesting an injustice against black men because that is just as uncomfortable for the right as abortion would be for the left.

How would conservatives react to VP Biden being SENT in an obvious stunt (cause he had a fund raiser to attend later that prevented him watching the game) by Obama AND they pretended it wasn't about abortion at all, no no, it was about disrespecting the Flag, the Troops and America Herself!

Please think about that.

Protests are designed to make people uncomfortable.

Counter protest is fine, but in this case the conservatives have to erase the meaning of the original protest and replace it with "anti-Patriotic Behavior."

Why? Because counter protesting black men and children being killed and brutalized regularly by police is hard to pull off without looking like you're carrying a tiki torch in Charlottesville, so to speak.

Food for thought my friends.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Excuse me? How much has Trump racked up this year? Funny how when the whiners make up a new stat because they start tracking it and complain about Obama try to deflect when their chosen one is ten times worse than he ever was.

Trump is on pace to blow Obama's last four years out in his first year.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join