It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The only reason people are being bombarded with politics is because of what Trump said and things like this happening. Before Trump made a speech about it it was almost an afterthought, now it's headline news every day. Blame the media and this Administration, they're the ones who kicked this whole thing into high gear.

Yes, and they are winning, and it seems to have struck a nerve with some of you.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: intrepid

I think it was exactly what it appeared to be. A political statement. But answer me this, if he stayed for the whole game, would that have cost any less?

The question is...if he wasn't going for a political ploy would he have been there at all?

As with the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

But it seems to have produced the desired outcome, so as Charlie Sheen likes to say, "Winning".

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Winning in what way? By triggering people? Seems like it's equally as true on the other end as well. Players kneeling has triggered millions.

By the way, great strategy of uniting the people, by pissing half of them off! The only way they're "winning" is if their strategy is to breed animosity. That definitely seems to be working if that's the case.

edit on 10/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I meant when the left blows money. You'll be at the front of the "bitch brigade" then but not in this particular instance. Why is that?

Well, if you can show me where I ever was a fiscal hawk, I supposed I could eat my words, but if you can't show that, it seems you are dancing with a strawman, don't smoke.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Winning in what way? By triggering people? Seems like it's equally as true on the other end as well. Players kneeling has triggered millions.

I can't wait for all this kneeling to trigger millions of dollars falling out of the NFL and it's players pockets...Mess with the bull you get the horn...Just ask Kaperdick.....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So wait, if my argument was a straw man and it's the same one you were making doesn't that mean you used a straw man too?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think it was exactly what it appeared to be. A political statement. But answer me this, if he stayed for the whole game, would that have cost any less?

The question is...if he wasn't going for a political ploy would he have been there at all?

As with the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

But it seems to have produced the desired outcome, so as Charlie Sheen likes to say, "Winning".

And as childishly. Personally I prefer my politicians to exhibit more decorum than elementary school level. But then again...play to your audience I guess.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
No seriously how much folks? Any ideas? Maybe one of the former Tea Party members on this great forum of ours can come out and give us a guesstimation? Taxed enough right? Small government right?

The first sign that Pence’s scurrying-off was staged: these were the San Francisco 49ers that the Colts were playing. The 49ers have been protesting racism during the anthem for over a year. Led by safety Eric Reid, the first player to kneel with Colin Kaepernick over a year ago, the 49ers are the team you’d pick if you wanted to fake outrage about someone peacefully protesting police brutality. Peter Alexander of NBC News tweeted almost immediately, “Reporters [accompanying Pence] were told to stay in van bc ‘there may be an early departure from the game.’” In other words, in advance of the anthem, Pence was planning to show up and then leave.

Then the veep’s own publicly available schedule tripped him up. That morning, his team let it be known that Pence would be at a California fundraiser by 6:30pm. The plane was gassed up and ready to go.

www.thenation.com...

More.

Air Force 2 costs the government $42,936 an hour to fly, and estimated Pence’s trip to Indianapolis took about two and a half hours flying time, each way. That would put the flight’s cost well over $200,000.

And that doesn’t include the costs of a hotel room in Indianapolis,where Pence spent Saturday night, and extra police protection in Indianapolis. Fans at Sunday’s game were asked to show up early due to enhanced security at the stadium.

www.marketwatch.com...

Oh but it's pocket change right? So who cares right? Well no it's not 'pocket change'. It's money that could gone to better use somewhere else like Puerto Rico? Texas? Lousiana is about to be hit. Florida got hit. How much plates of food could that money have created? Considering the constant outrage on this forum by the same characters over the last 8 years over government money use, tax payer funds used, pure silence over this. Silence over tax payer money being used for this stunt to suit ones ego. Pence and Trump knew full well some of those players were going to kneel. The only people claiming this was genuine outrage on the side of the Vice President are lying to themselves and everybody else.

You know the worst thing? This stunt will be forgotten by next week and all that money gone for good. All for this stunt that goes nowhere. Anybody who pushes the nonsense Pence is trying to get out there following this stunt really need to question where their priorities lie.

Here come the excuses.

If he would have stayed for the game you don't think it would have still been a waste? I agree that it was a waste just to go to a GAME. Your reasoning on why it is a waste is absurd.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Not going to happen. It is the extremist minority who are making a big deal out of it, them and Trump/the media of course. Most are more than happy to ignore the kneeling players and enjoy the game.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The problem is the they are a small number of the protesors.

The ones locking arms or raising fists were well aware of that and now have been lumped into the NFL protest.

If you look you find guys plenty doing stuff, going to congress, working with local police.

Just because the media doesn't cover that part doesn't mean it's not there.

Just look at Malcom Jenkins or Chris Long. There are many like them.

I know there is charity happening. The NFL players are among the most charitable of all pro sports. And I think that despite the bad apples that give a bad name, NFL players are generally good guys with big hearts for their roots. I respect that a lot.

But I've also seen them with a mic in front of them saying stupid stuff when asked about the protest. Like I said: you have my attention...now what are you doing with it? All those people with college degrees...and none of them can use that attention positively? None of them can steal back the narrative?

But its a good thing we agree that 99% of the problem in the MSM.

I hear your points. And you are correct reality is what it is. If it is lost in translation it's lost, no need to beat a dead horse.

I have seen some great people talk. Chris Long, Anquan Boldin, and Malcom Jenkins keep coming to mind.

I keep brining up the Eagles but the team has handled this very well. So maybe I am biased. The owner hasn't publicly made statements against players and they protested Trump's over reach into the commerce of an industry.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Bingo. And that was the intended result. It's nice to see when you guys catch up.

Yes, some of the players started to jump onto Kapernick's bandwagon, and about then is when the fans started to voice a few opinions. Most of them we asking the NFL to not bring politics into their sports time. I can certainly agree with that. If I want politics, I'll turn on CNN or come to ATS and find something a whiny liberal wrote and type something in reply. But I don't want politics in my sports, or my music, or my breakfast cereal. And I have the choice not to have to endure it. I choose to turn the TV off, go outside, skip the Frosted Flakes, whatever.

So while some of us would rather not have to deal with politics outside of the political spectrum, others relish it. And they are free to wallow in partisan slop as long as they like.

Pence did this with the intended result of making a newsworthy point, it worked. It "triggered" the triggerables. But don't complain when that happens, it only makes you look more.......triggered.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So you were triggered by kneeling football players and then act like you won when others are triggered? From my point of view that just puts you on an equal playing field.

If you wanna play this "nana nana boo boo" game then you guys were the ones triggered first. Since we're taking things to an elementary school level.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I can't wait for all this kneeling to trigger millions of dollars falling out of the NFL and it's players pockets...Mess with the bull you get the horn...Just ask Kaperdick.....

Lol, it's not his terrible play and asking price....

Keep waiting my friend. Numbers show its barely made a dent.

Winder what real issues are being avoided by this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And as childishly. Personally I prefer my politicians to exhibit more decorum than elementary school level. But then again...play to your audience I guess.

So which upsets you more, that it was childish, or that it worked so well?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Bingo. And that was the intended result. It's nice to see when you guys catch up.

Yes, some of the players started to jump onto Kapernick's bandwagon, and about then is when the fans started to voice a few opinions. Most of them we asking the NFL to not bring politics into their sports time. I can certainly agree with that. If I want politics, I'll turn on CNN or come to ATS and find something a whiny liberal wrote and type something in reply. But I don't want politics in my sports, or my music, or my breakfast cereal. And I have the choice not to have to endure it. I choose to turn the TV off, go outside, skip the Frosted Flakes, whatever.

So while some of us would rather not have to deal with politics outside of the political spectrum, others relish it. And they are free to wallow in partisan slop as long as they like.

Pence did this with the intended result of making a newsworthy point, it worked. It "triggered" the triggerables. But don't complain when that happens, it only makes you look more.......triggered.

Yes he has effectively wagged the dog....

Yah swamp

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

that's funny you think it worked. lol

reeks of desperation to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

Not going to happen. It is the extremist minority who are making a big deal out of it, them and Trump/the media of course. Most are more than happy to ignore the kneeling players and enjoy the game.

Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

Over just one month of player, coach, and owner protests of the flag and National Anthem, the National Football League has gone from America's sport to the least liked of top professional and college sports, according to a new poll.

From the end of August to the end of September, the favorable ratings for the NFL have dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent, and it has the highest unfavorable rating – 40 percent – of any big sport, according to the Winston Group survey provided exclusively to Secrets.

LINK

Man that no effect at all sure is having an effect....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So with all the issues the country has and the problems this administration is dealing with he wastes his time on a political stunt? That's leadership for you. @@

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Lol, it's not his terrible play and asking price....

Keep waiting my friend. Numbers show its barely made a dent.

Winder what real issues are being avoided by this nonsense.

Core fans dropped by 31%....man that's a tiny dent ...Nearly a third of fans now gone...But hey keep kneeling arseholes

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So which upsets you more, that it was childish, or that it worked so well?

That it's childish and divisive. That is not leadership.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join