It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Trump wasn't happy when Price spent hundreds of thousands on private planes but now that Pence did something similar, all for a publicity stunt, it's a-ok.

If Trump came out tomorrow and said he wasn't happy with what Pence did his supporters would change their tune on a dime and start saying how right Trump is.

Trump is a cult of personality and his supporters are like lemmings waiting on king lemming's orders to jump off the cliff.
edit on 10/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Trump tells Pence to leave if a player takes a knee.

Just a planned move in the game of politics.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes, it is food for thought - your post emphasises that some people think protesting is only for them - only their right - and get wounded when they have to face it... entrenching to the point that they virtue signal that their protest is noble and true, whilst the scandalous counter protesters are pure evil.

What if the NFL players had no point and were just misguided fools dancing to someone else's tune, whilst Pence was actually upset at the disrespect of the flag? I guess that's not possible because it would not fit your side of the argument.

edit on 9/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am loving this new found devotion to checking expenses.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm loving the newfound ignoring of expenses by people who have been complaining about it for the past 8 years. It really shows the blatant hypocrisy pretty clearly.
edit on 10/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Pence's upset is misplaced, because no disrespect has either occurred as a result of, or been intended by the players involved with these protests.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Cheap transparent stunt. Kinda like the millionaire elite athletes who kneel during the anthem, some of whom don't even know why.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Pence's upset is misplaced, because no disrespect has either occurred as a result of, or been intended by the players involved with these protests.

Not for you to say - obviously.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am loving this new found devotion to checking expenses.

After the last administration spent more than all the preceding admins combined.

It's priceless.

link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Funny how liberals all of a sudden care about spending,when it was last thing o mind during Obama admin,evidently liberals can't be taught manners,and have to use extremes against them,like that fly you can't swat

What isn't funny is the lack of fiscal conservatives and the justification of spending by republicans on everything.

Balance budget no chance and we will make fun of those who try and call them obstructionist...ahem Like done with rand Paul.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm loving the newfound ignoring of expenses by people who have been complaining about it for the past 8 years. It really shows the blatant hypocrisy pretty clearly.

Never gave it a thought...
Still, even those that did, I guess you're comfortable to be just like them.... selectively outraged.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Cheap transparent stunt.

$200,000 isn't cheap, most people could live off that kind of money for a year if not longer, Pence used it for about 10 minutes of "protest" (pandering).

I get what you're saying though.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Bad when democrats do it, good when republicans....because Hilary...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

...or bad when Republicans do it, good when Democrats do it.. because Trump.

Take your pick.
If you are whining about expenses now, then you sure as hell should have been for the last 8 years.
If not, then you should not have been in the last 8 years.

I wonder how many of those crying about $200000 (as if that is the actual cost, lol) have been such 'fiscal liberals' in the past

link   

Its for anyone observing the situation with a clear head, and absent a bias toward the flag to point out.

There are American, 91 year old second world war veterans, veterans of the War on Terror campaigns, and other vets besides, standing, or more appropriately, kneeling with the players, evidence of which is all over social media, and has been reported in the press for anyone who cares to look, to see.

If those people do not feel disrespected, then no one in the world has any business suggesting that any disrespect has occurred, because those people are most likely to feel it, and felt the OPPOSITE!

I would thank you not to try to shut me up with such an empty argument as you made to me just now. Two main reasons come to mind. First of all, it will not work, and second of all, you have no business attempting it.

link   

I never paid attention to politics until the current clown in chief started making a mockery of the office this year.

If it was wrong for Obama then it's wrong for Trump, most people think giving one of them a free pass and not the other is ok, I don't.

I'm no fan of Obama but at least he was somewhat presidential with the way he presented himself, Trump is like the high school bully who has to put his name and face on everything otherwise he has a hissy fit on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Weak. When I heard this yesterday I thought, "Well what did he expect?" Then it occurred that that was exactly what he expected. A political ploy. That game was a battle for the basement. If he had wanted to see a real game he would have gone to Dallas. That was on his way and there wouldn't have been much, if any, protesting. To make a political point on the taxpayers dime is certainly weak. An obvious one too. How stupid do they think people are?
edit on 9-10-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And this Administration is on course to spend even more than Obama, but hey its ok because Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: luthier

...or bad when Republicans do it, good when Democrats do it.. because Trump.

Take your pick.
If you are whining about expenses now, then you sure as hell should have been for the last 8 years.
If not, then you should not have been in the last 8 years.

I wonder how many of those crying about $200000 (as if that is the actual cost, lol) have been such 'fiscal liberals' in the past

I don't have to pick. Both the idiotic parties have spoken loud and clear.

But nice try lol...

And yes trump is a terrible leader, because he chooses to lead for less than half the population.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My statement was factual, it was not a debating point.

It's not for you to say:
1) what all the players are thinking or what they intended.
2) what everyone's view of the players is, or who is right/wrong.

If you believe differently then you might want to inwardly reflect when you accuse Trump of being a narcissist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join