It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Willtell
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

Are you speaking about Wall St?

I am sure some on Wall Street, yes.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

are not big football fans nor particularly patriotic

What is your definition of 'patriotic?'

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Kind of like how people pretend racism doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know that they get a salaries, or contracted amounts per year, but it can be reduced to how much they make an hour.

I currently make $3900 a month salary (not including bonuses) I work 40 hour weeks, so it is not hard to figure out what that would be at an hourly scale.

So how may hours do thay actually play and practice per year? Once knowing that then we could divide the amount they are paid by the amount of hours, shouldn't that give us some sort of idea of their hourly scale?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Can't say i know of anyone who believes racism does not exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Lots of people took offence when Tebow took a knee, right?

HS, college, PeeWee teams get in trouble for "taking a knee"

Just sayin'.

Lots of people took offense when a young woman sat at the front of the bus.
Funny how that works.

Oh yes.

It is funny because it is the same thing!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Have you ever received a Salary rather than a wage? No I am curious, not trolling.

I've worked both (hourly as a contractor, and salaried as a permanent employee). Generally skilled people on an hourly rate receive much more in the hand (and little to no benefits).

SO while you can reduce it to an hourly rate, these people don't work a normal week. Professional sports people work their arses off. I know quite a few (mostly in Rugby, but one is a Professional American Football player)...

Upshot, its a false equivalency to convert their pay to an hourly rate.

You need to show that thier contract requires them to participate in the National anthem. I am pretty sure every citizen is not REQUIRED to do so. Peer pressure tends to make it so, or so I found. Because remember I lived in the USA for a decade (and am married to a US citizen).

Lastly, are all anthems due the respect you claim? IF so I do hope you show more respect to La Borinqueña than you appear to the parent nation

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I know that they get a salaries, or contracted amounts per year, but it can be reduced to how much they make an hour.

A salary is different than a contract.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

People that support their country. The opposite of apathetic sentiments.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In real life I find the same. Maybe because I'm a little discerning in whom I associate with.

On ATS, not so much.
(See above)
(And below)
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Lots of people took offence when Tebow took a knee, right?

HS, college, PeeWee teams get in trouble for "taking a knee"

Just sayin'.

Lots of people took offense when a young woman sat at the front of the bus.
Funny how that works.

Oh yes.

It is funny because it is the same thing!

It's not funny at all.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Liquesence

People that support their country. The opposite of apathetic sentiments.

So, what should they do to support their country, in this instance? And, how does what these people do not support their country?
edit on 24-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

And the people that live for racism.

Finding it everywhere.

Sometimes finding it where it doesn't exist to the real world.

Like cotton balls on a stick.

link   

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

ETA: one post above, point proven

Trying to discredit real racism by insisting that some "live for racism, seeing it everywhere where it isn't."

Those are people who pretend that real racism doesn't exist. Which it does.

It's why our president refers to white supremacists as "very fine people," and peacefully protesting black football players as "sons' a bitches."

Donald Trump's words, not mine.

Or is another, better explanation as to why Donald Trump has called for peacefully protesting black football players to be fired but made no mention of white supremacists heiling Hitler in the streets of America?

Because it doesn't look pretty any way it's construed.
edit on 24-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have more respect for the players than I do for the team owners. Good for you players. Screw Dotard

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Marcus Peters was my guy last year. I saw him kneeling on the opening game - now he's on my schit list.

So I changed my guy to Kareem Hunt - both him and Kelce knelt for today's game - now their both on my schit list too.

The National Anthem has to do with fighting for our country, not the fights within our country.

When you disrespect those who gave their lives for your rights - your misusing those rights.

If your issue is with police, then you should organize a peaceful protest in front of a police station... There's a hundred ways a high-profile personality can effectively protest...

I'm a very patriotic USAF veteran - bottom line: You can protest anything, but disrespecting those that died for your rights is utterly unacceptable - and makes you a total schit.

Go Chiefs.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No no, there's no racism against Black people now, that's all gone away.

All racism is set against White Americans, particularly men, the most oppressed group in history.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Phage

I currently make $3900 a month salary (not including bonuses) I work 40 hour weeks, so it is not hard to figure out what that would be at an hourly scale.

So how may hours do thay actually play and practice per year? Once knowing that then we could divide the amount they are paid by the amount of hours, shouldn't that give us some sort of idea of their hourly scale?

Yes and that's why the cheerleaders sued.

They were making less than min wage and had to pay their own way for official events.

So in a court of law, #hourly wages matter.

edit on 9 24 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Lab4Us
I find it interesting the amount of folks in this thread supporting free speech but then try to censor everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...POTUS says or tweets.

I can tell you that for 40 years in the military, the rules were clear that there would be NO political discourse for either side...even though we were (are) the only ones that really fight to keep those rights. The enforced expectation was being apolitical in all conduct.

A shame the NFL can’t separate football and politics, lots of other businesses have figured out how to do it. Oh, and BTW, if anybody thinks Kaepernick had a rough life, do some research. Oh, and BTW #2, he opted out of his contract, he wasn’t cut. One more...in a free country you can’t force business owners to hire employees except through legal recourse, with proven hiring misconduct. If the NFLPA thinks Kaepernick was discriminated against...TAKE IT TO COURT. I won’t hold my breath.

The NFL wont seperate politics and football?

Right, because the NFL Commissioner made a tweet about how Trump is a "son of a bitch," and should be fired.

Goodell loves it. Trump has brought back ratings for the NFL, ratings which had been going down for the past three seasons. Goodell should thankfully kiss Trump's ass.

NFL is still tax-exempt

Hmmm. News to me.

NFL drops tax-exempt status to avoid 'distraction'

Published 1:35 p.m. ET April 28, 2015 The NFL league office will relinquish its status as a tax-exempt business after more than 70 years, ending several recent controversies and misunderstandings about why such a wealthy enterprise even needed it.

www.usatoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join