It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

No. People were quite aware that there are radical extremists. Of all sorts.
Because extremism is, by definition, extreme. And quite apparent.

Racism can be subtle.

What??? I rather think people are aware that racism exists!
Good grief.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: UKTruth

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Hey, with statistical prowess like that, you could work for Rasmussen!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

What??? I rather think people are aware that racism exists! Good grief.

You seem to have missed some posts in this very thread.

But perhaps a lack of awareness isn't the correct terminology. Maybe denial would be better.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burgerbuddy

A lawsuit accusing the NFL and team owners of conspiring to suppress wages for cheerleaders lacks evidence to support that claim, a federal judge said.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup dismissed the lawsuit by a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader. The lawsuit sought class-action status on behalf of all NFL cheerleaders.

LA Times

God damn misogynistic legal system.

It's systemic sexism!!

They should get on both knees to protest.

edit on 9 24 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Are not protestings selective too?

like fake news is selective, the color of your car is selective one has nothing to do with the other.

Protesting your nation and the men and women who serve to protect that right is just wrong.

If you mad about the police and how they treat someone go stand in front of their offices and protest. Send them letters but you don't bring a false selective narrative to the forefront of intentional television and protest over that.

There was no hands up don't shoot and that is where most of this, according to Kapernick(sp?) when asked about why he knelt the very first time he did it, came from. the rest of the times he has done it is for self attention, esteeming ones self at the expense of others.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   

So much fake outrage. NFL is turning into SJW central. Their choice, but many of us see right thru the nonsense.

Maybe I'll go out into my front yard and take a knee to bring attention to those killed in Puerto Rica from the hurricane. I bet it'll do a lot of good.

You're free to do whatever you'd like.

I wonder if the POTUS threatened to fire an employee of an organization for taking a knee for Puerto Rico if you'd also salute that and minimalize that behavior as irrelevant?

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: burgerbuddy

A lawsuit accusing the NFL and team owners of conspiring to suppress wages for cheerleaders lacks evidence to support that claim, a federal judge said.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup dismissed the lawsuit by a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader. The lawsuit sought class-action status on behalf of all NFL cheerleaders.

LA Times

God damn misogynistic legal system.

It's systemic sexism!!

They should get on both knees.

Maybe you should start that trend, eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

Hey, with statistical prowess like that, you could work for Rasmussen!

Flawless victory

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Protesting your nation and the men and women who serve to protect that right is just wrong.

No one under discussion here is doing that.

Next?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It works.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

They aren't doing that.
They have specifically stated that they are not doing that.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm totally fine with this, screw Dotard!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The NFL players that protest the national Anthem are full of crap.

They are well pay sport entertainers, not politicians, if they want to play politics they can stop been players become politicians.

They are disgrace to America.

Exercising Constituional rights = disgrace to America

link   
The NFL, btw, may appreciate all this publicity away from their major problem, since it was revealed that murdering tight end out of NE, who was convicted of first-degree murder, had extreme brain damage at 27! And there only one way that could have happened.

His family filed a huge lawsuit against the NE Patriots

Aaron Hernandez's family sues NFL, Patriots amid CTE revelation

www.usatoday.com...

This is the NFL’s true Achilles heel, and I wonder will Trump mention this, in his usual nasty way of challenging people and institutions.

Trump might Tweet something about the NFL players having brain damage, wouldn’t that be par for the course for Trump

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm thinking they all took Kellyanne's Alternative Facts to heart; now they just make stuff up as they go along.

link   
I find it amusing how growing up playing football and basketball, I was called "white boy" by blacks hundreds of times. Certain stereotypes about being white, can't jump, slow, etc, was always pointed out by blacks. That type of thing still happens across sports. Same athletes who are at the lead of this fake outrage SJW movement are the same ones who use language which would melt liberal ears between the lines if they heard it.

Like Durant, part of the Warriors fake outrage movement over Trump. Had a second instagram account full of racist and sexist remarks. But sure, I bet he's really offended by Trump.
edit on 24-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

They are not disrespecting their country. Since you are not a citizen it is not your place to say they are. I am a citizen and they do not offend me.

A young woman sitting at the front of a bus antagonized a lot of people, once upon a time.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: richapau

I'm totally fine with this, screw Dotard!

Dotard J. Chump?

LOL.

link   

It works.

Indeed. I'm sure antagonising people by disrespecting their country will do a bang-up job of reducing racism.

Exercising Constituional rights = disrespecting their country

link   

What??? I rather think people are aware that racism exists! Good grief.

You seem to have missed some posts in this very thread.

But perhaps a lack of awareness isn't the correct terminology. Maybe denial would be better.

Like I said - I doubt you'd find many people in any random sample that would say they are not aware of racism.
To suggest that people are not aware of it and need a sports star to disrespect the anthem to jog their memory is a bit of a reach.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join