It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So you felt it appropriate to add some of your own.

Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The take a knee crowd stated under obama. I have no respect for anyone who lives in a country that affords them the opportunity to make millions of dollars to play a game and then denounce the same country. It's true. They have the right to take a knee. I have the right to never watch it happen. #fuknfl

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aceshootn

I seldom start watching until the 2nd half anyway.

The opening is a good time to make nachos though.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: aceshootn
The take a knee crowd stated under obama. I have no respect for anyone who lives in a country that affords them the opportunity to make millions of dollars to play a game and then denounce the same country. It's true. They have the right to take a knee. I have the right to never watch it happen. #fuknfl

Thanks for letting us all know your personal habits and that you'll no longer be watching the NFL.

I'm about to eat a delicious and juicy Sirloin steak.

Wow. This is nice.

For what it's worth I don't think the NFL gives a # if people watch. They're still tax-exempt, they still have their stadiums built on tax-payers nickels and dimes.

But hey - if silently protesting for three and a half minutes ruins the football experience (usually three hours) for you I'm hearing that NASCAR is threatening to fire their people if they protest.
edit on 24-9-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
had my thread on knee bowing stopped with link to this one but does not have the same issues being discussed here that were being discussed in the other. My Ravens London thread was squashed to the trash bin while I was out pickin' veggies. It must have gotten out of hand but I don't know, I did however get an un-named warning for the thread as well. I was showing a connection between somethings and that must a been why. So we wont go down that road until we can get some freedom of speech here on ATS. Oh that's right we gave up our rights when we joined, I forgot. Just like we give up our rights when we are at work or in a public park, or at a shopping center and many other places.

So here is my post on the whole thing.

Well what most are missing, and we will not go down the racial grounds of this, but rather it is a simple as this.

The players are paid to play not protest on the advertisers bill or the money of their NFL bosses some of which are very patriotic.

It is not just disrespectful to the flag and country but it is disrespectful of all those who fought for that flag in Revolution that created this nation, the civil war, WWI, WWII and today under the UN our troops die so people have or may have freedom.

Again they are not paid to protest the nation they live in but to play sports they are hired to play.

Again it offends 1/3 (if not more) of the people of the USA

It is possible not one of these guys that took a knee in London had ever been a member of any military branch of the USA.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yeah. Their pay should be docked for that minute.

Are the other guys being paid to just stand there for a minute, or should they be docked too?

Again it offends 1/3 (if not more) of the people of the USA
Source?
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If over one-hundred million people are offended over a three and a half minute protest, then this nation truly has succumb to political correctness.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So you felt it appropriate to add some of your own.

Fair enough.

Yes. It's like taking a dump in a communal Port-O-Potty where everybody dumps.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

From Section 176 of the US Flag Code (here's the full code):

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

Gasp! Look at the sheer disrespect displayed here!

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

Warning! This picture isn't for the faint of heart (said while fighting back tears)

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

Whoops! Guess that means the flag worshipers need to throw out their American flag designed hats, boots, helmets jerseys, and a lot more.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

Yikes! Just think about all of those companies that use the American flags in their advertisements! Time to boycott?

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Now this is awkward... Don't a lot of college football teams wear American flag-themed uniforms from time to time? So if they're wearing a flag-based uniform but stand for the anthem, is it disrespectful or not? Do the actions cancel each other out?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

NFL Players Protest Trump And Racism In Games Across The Country

www.huffingtonpost.com...

All eyes are on the NFL today ― but not just for what happens after the kickoffs. NFL players throughout the country are expected to demonstrate before today’s games in defiance of President Trump’s harsh criticism of athletes who kneel during the national anthem. In a Friday speech in Alabama, he called such players “sons of bitches,” and then doubled down on his criticism in a series of follow-up posts on Twitter. The first such protest occurred Sunday morning in London, and even included the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Shahid Khan. He linked arms with his players — several of whom were kneeling during the anthem — despite having donated $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee.

Today we all should be proud of the NFL!

They stood up to the tyrant and bully

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Where do you pull your stats from? 1/3 of the people in the USA? SO there was an impromptu survey of the populace? Because if so it missed my wife

You are offended by this? Are you offended at all the other abuses of the flag? Or perhaps disrespect of another nations anthem or culture?

Its sport. A very boring sport. As has been pointed out to you, in the defunct thread (and the vanished one). You are missing the point, over the protest. But no you equate it to ethnicity and spirituality ... typical.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks for letting us all know your personal habits and that you'll no longer be watching the NFL.

I'm about to eat a delicious and juicy Sirloin steak.

Wow. This is nice.

For what it's worth I don't think the NFL gives a # if people watch. They're still tax-exempt, they still have their stadiums built on tax-payers nickels and dimes.

But hey - if silently protesting for three and a half minutes ruins the football experience (usually three hours) for you I'm hearing that NASCAR is threatening to fire their people if they protest.

Actually the part of football that ruins it for me are the asshat fans.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Don't forget:

Outrage! Disrespect, I tell ya!

(or, only when it suits the narrative)

edit on 24-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I find it interesting the amount of folks in this thread supporting free speech but then try to censor everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...POTUS says or tweets.

I can tell you that for 40 years in the military, the rules were clear that there would be NO political discourse for either side...even though we were (are) the only ones that really fight to keep those rights. The enforced expectation was being apolitical in all conduct.

A shame the NFL can’t separate football and politics, lots of other businesses have figured out how to do it. Oh, and BTW, if anybody thinks Kaepernick had a rough life, do some research. Oh, and BTW #2, he opted out of his contract, he wasn’t cut. One more...in a free country you can’t force business owners to hire employees except through legal recourse, with proven hiring misconduct. If the NFLPA thinks Kaepernick was discriminated against...TAKE IT TO COURT. I won’t hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There are no players who are intentionally showing disrespect towards the flag, or towards those that have served in the military. Their protest has nothing to do with that, at all. Trump's entire premise is just flat wrong, because he doesn't even understand it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

All eyes are on the NFL today ― but not just for what happens after the kickoffs. NFL players throughout the country are expected to demonstrate before today’s games in defiance of President Trump’s harsh criticism of athletes who kneel during the national anthem. In a Friday speech in Alabama, he called such players “sons of bitches,” and then doubled down on his criticism in a series of follow-up posts on Twitter. The first such protest occurred Sunday morning in London, and even included the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Shahid Khan. He linked arms with his players — several of whom were kneeling during the anthem — despite having donated $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee.

The NFL sure showed him!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

The NFL sure showed him!

Well, a minority of the NFL at least. Most respected the national anthem. Not really a headline grabber, though.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The only Pittsburgh Steeler's player to come out for the Anthem was Alejandro Villanueva. An Army Ranger, Bronze Star Recipient and U.S. Army Captain.

What a great American! So proud that he showed respect to the flag he fought for. He did 3 tours in Afghanistan.

www.waynedupree.com...

I salute you sir

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

You and him, don't hold your breath.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join