It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Did I ever say it didn't extend to you? Y'see, that's the joy of the First Amendment rights, it applies to everyone--be they overpaid athletes, or underpaid folks on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

You know, here's the deal. I don't really care that much in my heart of hearts who's in the White House or what the composition of the Congress is. Why? Because they're in it for themselves, not for me and you, and the actual power centers in this country and the world are not on TV (or even Cable.)

For those that love Mr. Trump, I get it, I really do. He's their Great White Hope and Change.

However, as you point out, what gets next to me is the cultish, worshipful reality denial that so many of his fans here adopt. That level of ... delirium ... seems dangerous to me in the long run.

Ah well, while you wait, reflect on your own failings and prepare to be corrected. LOL.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

Did Trump order them to fire the players?

Did Trump just "hope" they'd get fired?

Like the politician who "hoped" Trump would get assassinated, I suppose.

'Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, "Get that son of a b***h off the field right now! He is fired. He's fired!"' Trump boomed.

Doesn't sound like he was telling the owners anything does it?

Ahhaha! I got a great laugh watching that clip..it was PERFECT!!

Like a preacher from a pulpit.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Polls, scientific and otherwise, measure trends in public opinion.

They do not predict the future.

This apparently needs repeating from time to time.

Never was there a truer statement. Look at the polls from the past presidential election.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Look at any polls from any time on any subject ever.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Like a preacher from a pulpit.

Excellent comparison.

He’s spewing nonsense which the faithful lap up like milk and honey.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: space

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All presidents view the anthem differently. Trump is definitely pro-anthem, Obama apparently was apathetic.

U.S. Code › Title 36 › Subtitle I › Part A › Chapter 3 › § 301
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

(a)Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

www.law.cornell.edu...
edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Right-wing terrorists still hold the record for number of attacks involving actual deaths, bombings and arson in the US.

I would like to see that source I don't think that's correct.

Islamic terror killed around 3000 in 9-11 in just one incident.

I would like to see the source that more have been killed by right wing terror.

You mean Saudi Arabian nationalists, not "terrorists." And you forgot to include the prior warnings to the attack that were not only ignored, but were confused by mock attacks of 747's being used.... we all know the story.

The official story of BS.

By the way, how many millions have people have been killed because of 9/11? How many children starved by sanctions?

What's the difference between 9/11 and a cow?

Can't milk a cow for twenty years.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You know, here's the deal. I don't really care that much in my heart of hearts who's in the White House or what the composition of the Congress is. Why? Because they're in it for themselves, not for me and you, and the actual power centers in this country and the world are not on TV (or even Cable.)

For those that love Mr. Trump, I get it, I really do. He's their Great White Hope and Change.

However, as you point out, what gets next to me is the cultish, worshipful reality denial that so many of his fans here adopt. That level of ... delirium ... seems dangerous to me in the long run.

Ah well, while you wait, reflect on your own failings and prepare to be corrected. LOL.

I blame the American people moreso than Congress.

Over one hundred billion hours of television consumed WEEKLY by Americans but we can't bothered to do anything about our corrupt government/Congress.

Riiiiiiiight.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Funny thing about that ...

He wasn’t President in that video.

He’s not President now.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Funny thing about that ...

He wasn’t President in that video.

He’s not President now.

But he was supposedly an American who wanted to be president. Wasn't he a senator? When I go to baseball games I see people who have no intention of becoming president with their hats off and hands over their hearts.
edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If this is grinding peoples' day to a halt & making their lives awful, give them all a First World Problems sticker, the snowflakes deserve it. The complainers, not the players, that is. Nobody's being hurt, inconvenienced, intruded upon, abused or killed because someone knelt instead of standing. Keep yelling, Chicken Littles, it ensures your opinions fall to the wayside significantly faster. Especially if you're willing to tout the importance of the First while simultaneously s#ing all over it when you don't agree with others to make yourself feel better. Way to sabotage the validity of your own cause.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You were mistaken about that being the attitude of the President.

Further you should know if you don’t that the flag code is not compulsory.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You were mistaken about that being the attitude of the President.

Further you should know if you don’t that the flag code is not compulsory.

I know it's not compulsory.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The same section of law establishes the Oak as the national tree and the rose as our flower emblem.

How surprising that you didn’t find that pertinent as well...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Are we supposed to assume that many of them want those football players and their "sympathizers" to have First Amendment rights in the first place?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The same section of law establishes the Oak as the national tree and the rose as our flower emblem.

How surprising that you didn’t find that pertinent as well...

I thought this thread pertained to the flag/anthem. I wasn't aware it had to do with trees and flowers. Thanks for enlightening me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yeah.
I thought it had to do with football players and the current president.

Thanks.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Show of patriotism all over the country today.

Donald Trump has begun to unify the American people - against himself.

Wonder why he hasn't been tweeting out against all those haters like he has in the past?

It must be embarrassing to be a Trump supporter, lol. He wants the American populace to respect and defend Nazism and white supremacism as "very fine people," but considers non-violent, silent, peaceful protest met with disciplinary actions. Oh - and they're "sons' a bitches."

It's no wonder why the usual crews aren't out in full force about Donald's super mega awesome master plan and how he's just trolling all of his as his latest move in 16dimensional chess against the Illuminati/Freemason/Jesuit New World Order lol.

ARE YOU FOLKS TIRED OF WINNING YET

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
I thought it had to do with football players and the current president.

Thanks.

You're right. I lost track of the subject matter after 52 pages of the bullsh!t.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join