It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Willtell
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Kind of like how people pretend racism doesn't exist?

Can't say i know of anyone who believes racism does not exist.

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

.... which is what they're doing, precisely. Is protesting over racism.

You should check out some of the teams official statements. It's literally protesting against racism, and some people, want to see others fired for peacefully protesting against said racism.

Protesting against protestors protesting racism seems rather counter-intuitive. Probably better to go against racists.

link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Being patriotic has nothing to do with a flag or national anthem. I support the US Constitution and the rights & responsibilities that come with being a US citizen.

The biggest reason I push for equal rights here is because I believe that all Americans should be treated fairly by our legal & judicial system. The biggest reason I push for low cost but high qualityhealthcare is because I want every American to have quick access to a cure or treatment if something bad happens to them. And I support a strong social safety net because I want every American that goes through hard times to still be able to keep a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

I even fight for strong environmental laws here because I don't want random companies to be able to poison our water supplies, air, etc. I'm a vegetarian so mercury-tainted fish won't harm me in the slightest. But I still don't want others to have to deal with that, including the Americans that I disagree with. And take a guess why I support labor rights here? Did you guess that it's because I want all American workers to have fair wages and benefits, including those that I can't stand on a personal level? If you did, then you guessed right.

In other words, I think you're completely wrong about what it means to be "patriotic". So many of you are obsessed with the rituals but completely ignore what it means to be "American" in the first place.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

The stated protest is not against America. It is against a system which fails to prevent racists from attaining positions of authority. A failure of that system to live up to the ideal of America. The purpose is to promote awareness of that failure.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

oh it doesn't matter, take the time spent at the work and divide it by the salary or contractual pay and you can get a salary.

BTW when you take a job for a salary you often sign a contract, In the few jobs I have had at a salary every time I had to sign a contract.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And you got paid the same amount no matter how many hours you "worked." Right?

Overtime, what's that?

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

You should check out some of the teams official statements. It's literally protesting against racism, and some people, want to see others fired for peacefully protesting against said racism.

Protesting against protestors protesting racism seems rather counter-intuitive. Probably better to go against racists.

No, they are protesting against the American flag and the anthem - demonstrably so to millions of people watching around the world. Their actions say to the world that America is racist. It doesn't take much nous to understand that millions will take offence to their flag and anthem being tied to racism.

edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

BTW when you take a job for a salary you often sign a contract, In the few jobs I have had at a salary every time I had to sign a contract.

Care to show where it states in an NFL players contract that they can't kneel?

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

A lawsuit accusing the NFL and team owners of conspiring to suppress wages for cheerleaders lacks evidence to support that claim, a federal judge said.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup dismissed the lawsuit by a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader. The lawsuit sought class-action status on behalf of all NFL cheerleaders.

LA Times

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Peacefully protesting is disrespectful. Gotcha.

I'm curious - do you hold the same perspectives towards Nazi's and Nazism openly marching, throwing up heil Hitler salutes, donning swastikas, and chanting hate-filled chants?

It's amazing the impact a peaceful protest can do. Whereas a "unite the right rally," ended in bloodshed, death, murder - everyone reminded us that we NEED to respect Nazi's Consitutional rights.

Suddenly - that no longer applies.

And people want me to believe that racism no longer exists, or is a small minority. Lol. The leader of the free world openly calls Nazi's "very fine people," while calling peacefully protesting football players "sons' a bitches."

If you want to talk about being disrespectful, your Commander in Chief is king surpreme in that regard.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The NFL players should not take a knee during the anthem. They should invite the media to press conferences or call in as a guess on a sports talk program. Use appropriate formats to express their opinions. Let gameday be gameday and do things at appropriate times and places.

For example, I support the idea of Constitutional Carry. Walking up to Trump during a State of the Union Address would not be the appropriate time to discuss it.

As for the people that support the actions of the players; maybe a return of citizenship grades on report cards to instil manners and civility...Of course the classroom rule tend to deal with touching rather than talking as a higher problem if you recall those signs.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A protest is to make America a better society, a more just and fair one, not insult it.

Trumps slogan MAGA, I hope includes social progress not just stark materialism.

Kapearnick on his knee was for all of us not just black Americans, but the many white Americans killed unjustly by police, who seem to be less represented.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Neither do I.

No, they are protesting against the American flag and the anthem - demonstrably so to millions of people watching around the world. Their actions say to the world that America is racist. It doesn't take much nous to understand that millions will take offence to their flag and anthem being tied to racism.

No, they are not - you're making that up in an attempt to discredit them.

How in the # is peacefully protesting a message to the world that America is racist? Are you serious?

Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Not my first rodeo with you. Have a great evening.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The NFL players should not take a knee during the anthem. They should invite the media to press conferences or call in as a guess on a sports talk program. Use appropriate formats to express their opinions.
That is exactly what they are doing.

1) Take a knee
2) Press says "what's up with that?"
3) "Come on in and let me tell you about it."

link   
A president might make a comment on the situation and word it about tolerance, freedom of speech and peoples right the agree or disagree, kneel or not.

Saying fire the players seems a bit off. He is keeping his tradition of dividing people, not bring them together, going.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Lots of people took offence when Tebow took a knee, right?

HS, college, PeeWee teams get in trouble for "taking a knee"

Just sayin'.

Lots of people took offense when a young woman sat at the front of the bus.
Funny how that works.

Oh yes.

It is funny because it is the same thing!

It's not funny at all.

Make up your mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't think it's funny.
I haven't changed my mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

The stated protest is not against America. It is against a system which fails to prevent racists from attaining positions of authority. A failure of that system to live up to the ideal of America. The purpose is to promote awareness of that failure.

Which is a nonsense. There is no system in the world and never will be that will weed out racists and ensure they never gain any positions of authority. Tying racism to the nation as a whole is a slur on millions of people who love their country and don;t have a racist bone in their body.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Care to show where it states in an NFL players contract that they can't kneel?

It's not even relevant - the NFL has already said it's protected and that they're cool with it.

What a bunch of armchair experts believe to be the way it should be handled is irrelevant. It's already been handled. It's not going to go away.

If it offends you that folks are not standing for the pledge, I hear North Korea and their mandatory government-worship is prime estate this time of year.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Tying racism to the nation as a whole is a slur on millions of people who love their country and don;t have a racist bone in their body.

I love my country (can't say the same for my president). Their actions do not offend me.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I think you're venting at the wrong guy. (At least, that's what it looks like)

I'm on the "if they want to kneel, let them. They're ALLOWED to" side (not really a side, but you know what I mean).

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join