It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Willtell
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Kind of like how people pretend racism doesn't exist?

Can't say i know of anyone who believes racism does not exist.

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

.... which is what they're doing, precisely. Is protesting over racism.

You should check out some of the teams official statements. It's literally protesting against racism, and some people, want to see others fired for peacefully protesting against said racism.

Protesting against protestors protesting racism seems rather counter-intuitive. Probably better to go against racists.

No, they are protesting against the American flag and the anthem - demonstrably so to millions of people watching around the world. Their actions say to the world that America is racist. It doesn't take much nous to understand that millions will take offence to their flag and anthem being tied to racism.

No, they are not - you're making that up in an attempt to discredit them.

How in the # is peacefully protesting a message to the world that America is racist? Are you serious?

Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Not my first rodeo with you. Have a great evening.

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism. The flag and anthem does not represent racism and is the wrong vehicle and unsurprisingly upsets many people that they should be aligning with, not lumping in with racists.

This "the whole system is against me, and its America's fault" BS attitude is childish - and especially shallow given that the very people protesting have benefited the most from the very same system.
edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You are stalking me I knew it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism.

They are drawing attention. They are protesting.

It works. Obviously. Quite a discussion has begun.

Crap, did Trump actually do it on purpose?

Nah.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No, they're not.

They're using the few minutes to do what they're allowed to do, as standing for the national anthem isn't mandatory, it's a request.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You didn't answer the question.

Where does it say they can't kneel?

link   

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).

Neither do I.

But I do I read comments (regularly) about how racism no longer exists and people are "making it up," to play a victim role.

Some people are racist - it isn;t going to completely go away ever. I would be comfortable saying, though, that the vast majority are not. Protesting against America seems rather counter-productive. Probably better to protest against racists.

You should check out some of the teams official statements. It's literally protesting against racism, and some people, want to see others fired for peacefully protesting against said racism.

Protesting against protestors protesting racism seems rather counter-intuitive. Probably better to go against racists.

Yes, good it's about time.

The NFL is 70% black.

Need more white guys to even it out.

link   
There's nothing disrespectful about kneeling, linking arms, or any protest that we saw today.

Standing in line at the beer concession is far more disrespectful than anything any player has done on the sidelines, yet, no outrage.

The outrage seen among a few here seems selective in this case, eh? Like it's not about the flag or the anthem or patriotism, but is instead about the message that these men are bringing attention to?

That thousands of Americans each year are unfairly and disproportionately targeted by law enforcement.

link   
So much fake outrage. NFL is turning into SJW central. Their choice, but many of us see right thru the nonsense.

Maybe I'll go out into my front yard and take a knee to bring attention to those killed in Puerto Rica from the hurricane. I bet it'll do a lot of good.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.
Would you be as empathetic to an organisation that arranged for protests outside every mosque in the country to highlight radical Islamic terrorism?
edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

Even if there was over time it is all the same pay. Just as if the game goes into over time the players don't get paid anymore.

But an average can be determined wouldn't you agree.

So what is three minutes of an NFL players worth then?
edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Neither do I.

Yes, good it's about time.

The NFL is 70% black.

Need more white guys to even it out.

Wow, you really do want to kill the game completely, huh?

(Kidding, KIDDING!)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No. People were quite aware that there are radical extremists. Of all sorts.
Because extremism is, by definition, extreme. And quite apparent.

Racism can be subtle.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
So much fake outrage. NFL is turning into SJW central. Their choice, but many of us see right thru the nonsense.

Maybe I'll go out into my front yard and take a knee to bring attention to those killed in Puerto Rica from the hurricane. I bet it'll do a lot of good.

Well, with Chief SJW Trump crying about the NFL, who can wonder?

I agree with you about Puerto Rico though. I'm figuring out how much I can give to relief efforts there myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So what is three minutes of an NFL players worth then?

I don't care. Do you?

What about half time? Deduct for that too?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The reason

"For me, it was something that I couldn't see another 'hashtag Sandra Bland, hashtag Tamir Rice, hashtag Walter Scott, hashtag Eric Garner,' the list goes on and on and on," Kaepernick said. "At what point do we do something about it? At what point do we take a stand and as a people say this isn't right? You have a badge, yes. You're supposed to be protecting us, not murdering us, and that's what the issue really is and we need to change that."

www.espn.com...

link   

originally posted by: Phage

They are drawing attention.

It works.

Does it? I guess it works in the same way that calling all Muslims terrorists works in highlighting the threat of radical extremists.

It's working fabulously, UKTruth. There's been a sharp and obvious decline in racism and racists because of the kneeling, can't you see? By my count, racism is down 47% because of the kneeling. I say by the first week of Dec that racism will be abolished because of the kneeling.

link   

Neither do I.

No, they are protesting against the American flag and the anthem - demonstrably so to millions of people watching around the world. Their actions say to the world that America is racist. It doesn't take much nous to understand that millions will take offence to their flag and anthem being tied to racism.

No, they are not - you're making that up in an attempt to discredit them.

How in the # is peacefully protesting a message to the world that America is racist? Are you serious?

Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Not my first rodeo with you. Have a great evening.

They are using the flag and anthem to protest against racism. The flag and anthem does not represent racism and is the wrong vehicle and unsurprisingly upsets many people that they should be aligning with, not lumping in with racists.

This "the whole system is against me, and its America's fault" BS attitude is childish - and especially shallow given that the very people protesting have benefited the most from the very same system.

"the whole system is against me, and its America's fault"

Funny, you're the only person I've said say that. Speak for yourself and only yourself.

So you're upset at the people protesting?

Yeah, in the mind of a self-absorbed megalomaniac I see your point.

Thing is, they're also protesting for the people who don't have a voice. Who don't make it into national television.

Crazy, isn't it, how people can look out for one another. Whereas your twisting this into some sort of "this make all of America look racist," you couldn't be farther from the truth. This is a stand of solidarity that shows America isn't racist, and that # won't be tolerated - especially from a president of the United States.

You trying to falsely conflate "disrespecting the flag and anthem," as being racist honestly is beyond me. I don't see the connection.

link   
a reply to: Phage

What about the Offense when the Defense is on the field? Vice versa?

link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Use appropriate formats to express their opinions.

What is an appropriate format?

The NFL players should not take a knee during the anthem.

Why not?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The NFL players that protest the national Anthem are full of crap.

They are well pay sport entertainers, not politicians, if they want to play politics they can stop been players become politicians.

They are disgrace to America.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join