It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Fans are not happy with the way players are treating the flag-anthem. But more are wondering why the NFL hasn't "encouraged" the players to stand and act like a "Proud" American.

Love him or hate him, Trump does not play wishy washy games. He plants his flag, and he lets the cards fall where they may.

President Donald Trump has ratcheted up the national controversy over black National Football League players who refuse to stand while the U.S. National Anthem is played before games.

During a Friday night political rally in Alabama, Trump called on fans to boycott teams that allow players to engage in that particular form of protest.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Trump thinks the NFL would score a win with the fans if he told the players to leave the field. Freedom of speech does not apply while at work. or so I've been told.

Trump said Friday that NFL owners would be instantly popular if they pulled protesting players off the field, and that fans should vote with their feet.

+70 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fake Outrage. This is America, we were founded on protest and revolution and pissing people off! That's what we do! We don't stand for that PC Crap and we have the freedom to do whatever the heck we want to do, whenever the heck we want to do it!

Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here.

Our Veterans fought for this right to protest. Doesn't he get this?

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I want anti-freedom, American-hating, politics, I'll watch MSNBC.

If I want to watch football, I will watch football.

Well, I used to.

+52 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Mr. Trump?

Bite me. As an original Seahawk fan(atic), I will follow them through thick, and thin (lot of thin, over the years...), we have at least one player who kneels during the anthem.

It is his right to express his feelings in this way. It's peaceful, non-disruptive, and makes his point. More power to him. It matters not in the slightest whether I agree or disagree, it's his right to do this.

So, to reiterate...

Mr. Trump? Bite me.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He also stated that NFL ratings were way down because people would rather watch him. That line gave me a good belly laugh.

I agree with what he said overall. Especially with well paid pro athletes. Show your country and flag some respect or get out.

That is not the time or place for protest imho.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I have been told on ATS by a great number of members that while at work you have no freedom of speech.

I guess it is up the brass at the NFL. Once they loose billions they may have to put the hammer down on these millionaires.

That's different. That's business. But the President trying to tell a corporation what to do because he doesn't agree with workers there protesting the government is a little shady.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The nfl could stop this protesting.
They fine players for wearing the wrong shoes.
They suspended a player six games for domestic violence even though the police didn't file charges.
They suspended a play for deflating footballs without ever proving he was involved.

They would have stopped this five years ago but are not making waves now because of their CTE black eye.

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Shad up Donnie. You want the players to stand? Buy a team and force them to stand. Bad news though. You can't afford one. Go ahead. Piss off the 32 billionaire owners. Each worth more than you are.

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Trump doesn't even need to boycott the NFL because the fan base is already doing it. Stadiums are half-empty and it's ratings are crashing. This whole Kaepernick thing has hit them in the wallet... HARD.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I agree, and don't.

Trump is an opinionated person, and he is allowed. The real question is should the bully pulpit be used to talk about a game played with a ball?

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Fake Outrage. This is America, we were founded on protest and revolution and pissing people off! That's what we do! We don't stand for that PC Crap and we have the freedom to do whatever the heck we want to do, whenever the heck we want to do it!

Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here.

I am at a loss with your post.

"This is 'Merica!! We don't let anyone tell us what to do!!" in acceptance of people basically saying "Up Yours America!" and giving the finger to the flag, the anthem, and everything you stand for.

strange concept. I don't really grok it, though... Do you think those disrespecting the anthem and the flag, give a toss about your veterans who died for their right to be little prats?

reminds me a little of this...

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Trump calls for NFL owners to "fire the sons of bitches" who take a knee in peaceful protest to police brutality and racism, but armed Neo Nazis and White Supremacists, marching with Tiki Torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us!", some of them are "fine people"!

GTFO Mr Trump!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump doesn't even need to boycott the NFL because the fan base is already doing it. Stadiums are half-empty and it's ratings are crashing. This whole Kaepernick thing has hit them in the wallet... HARD.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

Maybe, but I don't think so. I think the NFL is just as popular as ever. Maybe some ratings dips but it's still exciting and good entertainment. Especially for teams heavily related to their geographical locations, like the Patriots, Seahawks, Steelers, Broncos etc. And especially when those teams are good.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

With the TV deal they are in the black before any given season starts. The rest is just cream. I'd actually love to see Trump go head to head with Jerry Jones.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
so no freedom of speech / expression does not apply at work just... ?there must be an asterisk pointing to a footnote saying that in the constitution... just fire the ones you don't agree with, even though no laws or team ethics are being violated?

from the commander in chief...

and Kim Jung Un is the mental one...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

I am at a loss with your post.

"This is 'Merica!! We don't let anyone tell us what to do!!" in acceptance of people basically saying "Up Yours America!" and giving the finger to the flag, the anthem, and everything you stand for.

strange concept. I don't really grok it, though... Do you think those disrespecting the anthem and the flag, give a toss about your veterans who died for their right to be little prats?

reminds me a little of this...

except at it's core, we all have the right to protest. It's what differentiates us from places where it's against the law to protest, like North Korea, Russia, Syria venuzuala etc.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The government is actually obligated to protect our First Amendment rights, unlike private employers. Being that Trump is at the highest level of government, I think his boycott suggestion crosses a line and could have a 'chilling effect.'

There is definitely an argument here that Trump's suggestion infringes on the players' Constitutional protections.

edit on 9/23/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

But the President trying to tell a corporation what to do because he doesn't agree with workers there protesting the government is a little shady.

Is he? I thought the best way to get a point across is to vote by using your feet, with things like this.

I don't see Trump telling any corporation what to do at all. He is offering the idea of ignoring those who disrespect the anthem. You either choose to go with it, or you don't. And from what I hear, people are already opting to do this anyway.

If people hate what the flag and anthem stand for so much, why are so many who embrace these icons, so hell bent on supporting the maligners?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

But the President trying to tell a corporation what to do because he doesn't agree with workers there protesting the government is a little shady.

Is he? I thought the best way to get a point across is to vote by using your feet, with things like this.

I don't see Trump telling any corporation what to do at all. He is offering the idea of ignoring those who disrespect the anthem. You either choose to go with it, or you don't. And from what I hear, people are already opting to do this anyway.

If people hate what the flag and anthem stand for so much, why are so many who embrace these icons, so hell bent on supporting the maligners?

Hid did thell them. He said "Fire those son of a bitches" It doesn't get any clearer than that. He's saying that to the NFL, a private business.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join