It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

Already implemented this strategy. No NFL for me this year.

If they want my business they need to bring the a**hats on the field in line.

I'm not even wearing my team hat.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: badw0lf
.., it will taper itself out of existence.

It's actually picking up steam. It's reached high schools now.

I did see that... but it will ebb out. Society will see to that with opinion, not force.

Even the strongest wave, is only a smaller part of the entire ocean, as it crashes against the shore, leaving only a puddle after it recedes.

link   
a reply to: badw0lf

So, you're saying the 1st Amendment doesn't cover protests against police brutality and systemic racism?
edit on 23-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: amazing

Washington would have had them shot.

No. Washington led a revolution. Trust me. He literally did.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

LOL, you obviously didn't read too much into the Chargers and Rams playing in a half-empty stadium. It's not because the fans are mad about players kneeling during the national anthem, it's because the Chargers and Rams just moved to L.A. last year and this year where there hasn't been a football team for 30 years.

The people of L.A. are fans of other teams outside of L.A. because of the 30 years with no football team, it has absolutely nothing to do with players kneeling during the national anthem. Plus, the 49ers are hot garbage this year, I don't blame their fans for not paying to see them lose.
edit on 9/23/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So people with power should not offer opinions?

They lose that right?

The president, definitely. It's unprofessional. Again he's the leader of a country, telling a business to fire employees that offend him.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
if I was at that supermarket, I'd give that old hag a history lesson or two, and explain the difference between what WWII was and the Vietnam 'war' and Korean 'war' and every subsequent American 'war' afterwards.

Well, I'd hope it was not in a CCW state.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The crazy part of the whole issue is the NFL Commission never hesitates to suspend players for rules they break.

Yet there's nothing happening with the "Anthem" problem.

What does anybody suppose the **real** issue is ?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People making a big deal out of someone else's freedom of expression. That's the real issue here.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

They lose that right?

The president, definitely. It's unprofessional. Again he's the leader of a country, telling a business to fire employees that offend him.

So football players have the right to free expression, but presidents you don't like, don't.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Good riddance. I'll be enjoying watching my team play.

link   
The real Trump sports related headline this weekend should be what happened between Trump and the NBA's reigning champs the Warriors. Specifically, after team MVP Steph Curry declined to attend, Pres Trump rescinded the team invitation. The tweets are getting a bit fierce. Lebron James tweeted that Trump is a bum and Curry wasn't going anyway.

I'm afraid Trump's ego may have really bit him on the ass with this move. This might have given the sports world a legit reason to make Trump look bad. May even play into the race card currently being used, although I don't believe it was race related at all or that Trump actually is racist.

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: badw0lf

So, you're saying the 1st Amendment doesn't cover protests against police brutality and systemic racism?

Sure. But according to popular opinion, sticking an ice cream on your head and hopping on one foot whilst yelling "MY PANTS ARE TIGHT" is an appropriate way to protest this.

Or is it not? Because what the NFL players are doing, has absolutely Zero relation to police brutality.... "Hurr I dun lyk da policemans killing my peoples.. I will disrespect da entire country"

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

They lose that right?

I don't think he said that.
He asked the crowd if they would like to see the owners fire the protestors.
Was he addressing the owners in the speech?
Maybe I missed that part.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The crazy part of the whole issue is the NFL Commission never hesitates to suspend players for rules they break.

Yet there's nothing happening with the "Anthem" problem.

What does anybody suppose the **real** issue is ?

The real issue is they do not want this to turn into a racial issue by punishing the offenders.
The NFL ignored this when one person/team came up with this wonderful idea. Other sports make standing mandatory these athletes are at work, and do not have freedom of speech.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes that, and the fact that we have a man in office who's emotional development was somehow thwarted at around 14.

Everyday, he is like "nanna-nanna-nanna". How his supporters tolerate his level of childish antics I will never know.
Ugh.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

They lose that right?

So football players have the right to free expression, but presidents you don't like, don't.

What? That wasn't even implied in that post.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes that, and the fact that we have a man in office who's emotional development was somehow thwarted at around 14.

Everyday, he is like "nanna-nanna-nanna". How his supporters tolerate his level of childish antics I will never know.
Ugh.

That's just it though. He's playing to his base. They'll eat it up as usual. Wrapped in the flag of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The president is still a U.S. citizen and has all the same rights as every other citizen. I think he should be allowed to voice his opinions, if anything it will just show him for what he is, a narcissistic man-child who cries wolf every time someone criticizes him.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

They lose that right?

What? That wasn't even implied in that post.

Then why the pissing and moaning?

Show me in the Constitution where the president can't open his pie hole and say what he thinks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join