It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This thing with Kaepernick was small potatoes until Trump made it a big thing

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

He may now get his job back as a quarterback somewhere

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

He has no foresight, no insight, no sight.

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.
edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
I find it interesting the amount of folks in this thread supporting free speech but then try to censor everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...POTUS says or tweets.

I can tell you that for 40 years in the military, the rules were clear that there would be NO political discourse for either side...even though we were (are) the only ones that really fight to keep those rights. The enforced expectation was being apolitical in all conduct.

A shame the NFL can’t separate football and politics, lots of other businesses have figured out how to do it. Oh, and BTW, if anybody thinks Kaepernick had a rough life, do some research. Oh, and BTW #2, he opted out of his contract, he wasn’t cut. One more...in a free country you can’t force business owners to hire employees except through legal recourse, with proven hiring misconduct. If the NFLPA thinks Kaepernick was discriminated against...TAKE IT TO COURT. I won’t hold my breath.

The NFL wont seperate politics and football?

Right, because the NFL Commissioner made a tweet about how Trump is a "son of a bitch," and should be fired.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UnBreakable

NFL Players Protest Trump And Racism In Games Across The Country

www.huffingtonpost.com...

All eyes are on the NFL today ― but not just for what happens after the kickoffs. NFL players throughout the country are expected to demonstrate before today’s games in defiance of President Trump’s harsh criticism of athletes who kneel during the national anthem. In a Friday speech in Alabama, he called such players “sons of bitches,” and then doubled down on his criticism in a series of follow-up posts on Twitter. The first such protest occurred Sunday morning in London, and even included the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Shahid Khan. He linked arms with his players — several of whom were kneeling during the anthem — despite having donated $1 million to Trump’s inaugural committee.

Today we all should be proud of the NFL!

They stood up to the tyrant and bully

The NFL sure showed him!

Well, a minority of the NFL at least. Most respected the national anthem. Not really a headline grabber, though.

I was being facetious, in case you didn't know.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I personally thought the guy shouldn’t have done what he did but the clueless president went and made him a martyr.

Trump is a dangerous divisive figure who creates division where it doesn't have to be

The division is already there and has been for some time. You can ignore it, or blame one person if you like, but that's folly. Calling out divisive behaviour is not being divisive. It's long past time that these idiots were told what they are - spoiled brats who cry about the nasty divisive man when their spoiled brat behaviour is called out.

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I find it interesting the amount of folks in this thread supporting free speech but then try to censor everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...POTUS says or tweets.

I can tell you that for 40 years in the military, the rules were clear that there would be NO political discourse for either side...even though we were (are) the only ones that really fight to keep those rights. The enforced expectation was being apolitical in all conduct.

A shame the NFL can’t separate football and politics, lots of other businesses have figured out how to do it. Oh, and BTW, if anybody thinks Kaepernick had a rough life, do some research. Oh, and BTW #2, he opted out of his contract, he wasn’t cut. One more...in a free country you can’t force business owners to hire employees except through legal recourse, with proven hiring misconduct. If the NFLPA thinks Kaepernick was discriminated against...TAKE IT TO COURT. I won’t hold my breath.

Right, because the NFL Commissioner made a tweet about how Trump is a "son of a bitch," and should be fired.

Goodell loves it. Trump has brought back ratings for the NFL, ratings which had been going down for the past three seasons. Goodell should thankfully kiss Trump's ass.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Goodell loves it. Trump has brought back ratings for the NFL, ratings which had been going down for the past three seasons. Goodell should thankfully kiss Trump's ass.

So now this was all a PR stunt to reinvigorate ratings for the NFL?

Uh, if so - why are all of these snowflakes now boycotting the NFL? Seems rather counter-productive.

Besides, two things worth mentioning:

NFL is still tax-exempt
We still foot the bill for their stadiums

I don't think they care too much about their ratings. They're doing quite fine.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So because division already exists we should allow further division?

Who are spoiled brats? The POTUS making a tweet about the NFL? Or the players who spent a whopping three minutes taking a knee?

Calling out the divisions that exist is not divisive. Ignoring it and pretending everything is all good is not going to move the ball forward (to use a football term).
edit on 24/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I don't think the Democrats are. Trumps tweets just show the electorate what a twitter he is and do a happy dance waiting for the 18 electons.

If he can't even get anything of substance passed with his party in the majority; think what it's going to be like when the dembs take over....

edit on 24-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Interesting idea.
Does one of Trump's many companies have a share of the NFL?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Spoiled brats?
Why

You go out on a football field and risk breaking your neck

As for Trump
It’s called wisdom. Foresight. Thinking of the ramifications before you speak…

Sure division is there, but a president is suppose to not stoke division( pouring gasoline on a fire with Archie Bunker type commentary) but use devices to bring us together.

ACTUALLY Trump, in his abysmal comments often brings out the unity of people against his impudent ignorance

Here he has done that

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Wait a second. Didn't you post a pic of the San Fran game as an example of how the NFL is failing? What the???

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Are you speaking about Wall St?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Source, how many people voted for Trump? that is your source the people who voted for him and are discussed by these protestors. And remember, they were not all white who voted for him.

Phage, that is a great idea, doc 'em for the three minutes. Now how much money would three minutes be if you are paid let's say 1 million a year? Just figure in the total hours put in practice and at games and doc them for the three minutes. Could come out to be substantial amount in savings for the league owners, especially when you get to doc the whole team.

Has anyone a source to the contracts team owners have with the players? I wold be very interested in reviewing them. Many have claimed without a source that it is not in their contracts. Maybe we should source it and see for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Lots of people took offence when Tebow took a knee, right?

HS, college, PeeWee teams get in trouble for "taking a knee"

Just sayin'.

link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

They are not paid by the hour. Trust me.

link   

Spoiled brats?
Why

You go out on a football field and risk breaking your neck

As for Trump
It’s called wisdom. Foresight. Thinking of the ramifications before you speak…

Sure division is there, but a president is suppose to not stoke division( pouring gasoline on a fire with Archie Bunker type commentary) but use devices to bring us together.

ACTUALLY Trump, in his abysmal comments often brings out the unity of people against his impudent ignorance

Here he has done that

Again - ignoring a real problem because you don't want to upset people is not a way forward to bring people together. That approach will just foster resentment. What about the people who are pissed off that a minority of celebrities and sports stars are disrespecting their country? They don't have the media and 1m twitter followers to speak for them.

link   

I couldn't agree more; thus people here, and across the US, are calling out Trump's spoiled brat behavior.

Hard to tell that from the Midlands, obviously.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It all depends on what you are taking a knee for. Tebow did it in prayer, and never during the US nation anthem.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm going to posit a theory that the ones supporting the kneelers are not big football fans nor particularly patriotic in the first place. So it would seem the actions are not speaking for their supporters so much as to offend others. And they are offended.

But I spoke my mind in a reply to Trump's tweet today to say that far as I was concerned the Ravens and Jaguars renounced their citizenship today in London and he should have their passports revoked.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Lots of people took offence when Tebow took a knee, right?

HS, college, PeeWee teams get in trouble for "taking a knee"

Just sayin'.

Lots of people took offense when a young woman sat at the front of the bus.
Funny how that works.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join