It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

So are you, son, judging by that half ar5ed answer.

In what context is it ok to continue to beat a man who needs a stick to walk with when you have already knocked him to the ground with your truncheon? Tell you what, dress that antifa bloke up in a cop uniform and you would be screaming for his head.

Half-assed answer? Mate, I'm not the one making HUGE assumptions about a still photograph. YOU are.

You still haven't answered how you know FOR SURE that the man on the ground didn't start the fight and get his ass handed to him, nor have you explained why you think they repeatedly beat him on the ground based on a still photograph.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

You do realize that is exactly what someone from the Neo Nazis would say, if it were a photo of them hitting someone? Isn't that special......

Just saying.....,.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

They were not fine people if they were there to protest in solidarity with WS's and Neo-Nazis, whether they were part of the violence or not.

Prove it.

I know, you can't, which makes saying it kind of dumb.

Did you watch the Vice News doco? It shows the protests the night before.

were you there? Did you interview all the protesters? If not, how the hell do you think you know why they were all there? Is it even remotely possible that some people just didn't want to see the statue torn down and showed up?

That last question is kind of important, so think about it before you say something silly.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Don't be a science denier.

www.scientificamerican.com...

OK so now I'm a "science denier".

LOL.

By the metrics of the article you posted, then we cannot believe what Donald Trump said he saw on television about it. Eyewitness accounts not to be trusted....and all that jazz.....

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

They were not fine people if they were there to protest in solidarity with WS's and Neo-Nazis, whether they were part of the violence or not.

Prove it.

I know, you can't, which makes saying it kind of dumb.

Like I said, if those people Grambler was referring to were there in solidarity with the WS's and Neo_Nazis, they are not good people.

Unless you think WS's and Neo-Nazis, or their sympathizers, are good people.

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Well you know that thing called tivo was invented.

Where people can pause,rewind, and record, and rewatch things they see on tv.

So not the same metric.

link   

originally posted by: pavil

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

You do realize that is exactly what someone from the Neo Nazis would say, if it were a photo of them hitting someone? Isn't that special......

Just saying.....,.

Amazingly enough it's also what anyone from the "right" might say also.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So to recap,

We have the chief of police saying both sides were violent.

Not one person has addressed this.

I post a video giving time stamps step by step of violent leftists.

No one responds.

So I have to ask, are some people just refusing to look at any evidence that doesn't fit their narative?

Nobody is claiming the Left weren't violent at all. Just the reasoning and whether they started it or not.

Please stop deflecting by continually trying to claim people are saying the Left weren't violent at all. It detracts from the ACTUAL topic of who started it and whether the Left were also attacking, or merely defending.

Oh, well if both sides were guilty then you have no problem with what trump said.

And again, show me on the video I posted where in that group of people that the right started it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Whom has glorified antifa?

Did you actually read any of this thread? If not, I invite you to.
Everyone who is claiming they know who started it and "the left" was just defending itself.
As if "the left" is to be held blameless, just innocent counter protesters who were wronged.

That's not glorifying antifa.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

it's all fake news... we should all turn off our tvs and our computers and go out for a nice long walk in our community parks, get to know our neighbors.. they are not fake news!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
About the author of I was in Charlottesville:

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

He wrote a separate article about the event. He went to the event as part of the writing process.

Weird, huh.

No, just every expensive especially when there's thousands of writers here on the East Coast they could have sent freelance.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You do realize there are a lot of people into civil war history...like that is a huge hobby. People go hunt artifacts all over the country...and its those type of people who would protest removing the statue as well...which incidentally have nothing to do with the disgusting element of that protest...those are the people Trump was talking about when saying there were some fine people on both sides.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

What context makes it OK to beat a disabled person in the head thats already clearly on the ground? I'll wait for your response.

The "context" that possibly makes that scenario you described not true?

Here's another possible way to look at it: The person on the ground had just charged at and attacked the other person with that umbrella and that cane, but was thwarted when the other protesters saw him coming and put up a quick defence. The picture was taken at the exact moment the attacker went down.

Prove that wrong. Like I said, it's just a "scenario" that is "possible" - just so you don't go and try claiming I'm saying that's what definitely happened.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I find it a pathetic answer, frankly.

If nothing else, beating on someone with a weapon and they are helpless on the floor is assault in the eyes of the law, so it is the very definition of something that is wrong.
And what can one old guy with a walking stick do to make it ok to beat him down like that with the weapon the guy was already carrying, obviously looking for trouble, unless it magically appeared in his hand.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So to recap,

We have the chief of police saying both sides were violent.

Not one person has addressed this.

I post a video giving time stamps step by step of violent leftists.

No one responds.

So I have to ask, are some people just refusing to look at any evidence that doesn't fit their narative?

Nobody is claiming the Left weren't violent at all. Just the reasoning and whether they started it or not.

Please stop deflecting by continually trying to claim people are saying the Left weren't violent at all. It detracts from the ACTUAL topic of who started it and whether the Left were also attacking, or merely defending.

Oh, well if both sides were guilty then you have no problem with what trump said.

I said the "Left" were somewhat violent at stages, I never said why. DEFENCE is one valid reason to be acting violent.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well you know that thing called tivo was invented.

Where people can pause,rewind, and record, and rewatch things they see on tv.

So not the same metric.

So Trump Tivo'd the first night and watched it repeatedly did he?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another great made-up fantastic story.

Prove it's made up.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Awaiting your proof......

Real tough guy you are eh.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey people ?

Did the good guys in world war 2 run around in black hoodies, and cover their face with maskin fightin them evil 'nazis' ?

Nope.

There there are fascists over in the middle east that run around dressed like that.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

About the author of I was in Charlottesville:

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

He wrote a separate article about the event. He went to the event as part of the writing process.

Weird, huh.

No, just every expensive especially when there's thousands of writers here on the East Coast they could have sent freelance.

What makes you think he didn't go by his own volition and then sell the article to the highest bidder?

link   
a reply to: RickyD

You do realize there are a lot of people into civil war history...like that is a huge hobby.

True. That is why I was very specific in what I said. I said "if" they were then in solidarity with those groups.

those are the people Trump was talking about when saying there were some fine people on both sides.

Perhaps that is where Trump should have been more specific, if that is whom he was referring to. That's a third side to all of this. On it's face, it does seem like he is saying there were fine people on both sides, the WS's/Neo-Nazis and the counter protesters.

It's hard to call WS's/Neo-Nazis fine people.

edit on 17-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join