It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Kryties

Whenever you find yourself beating someone across the head while they're on the ground, and calling it self defense, you're wrong. The,defense of yourself ended the,moment he went down, at that point you became the attacker...and a felonious one at that.

Who says the photo wasn't taken at the exact moment he "went down"? Again, context. I am asking for some yet others are just making up what happened and claiming it to be fact with no proof beyond what is shown in the picture.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
About the author of I was in Charlottesville:

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

He's a writer, so perhaps he went to Charlottesville to write about it? Just a thought.....

Aint 'writers' suppose to be good at making snip up?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Just wondering but did this guy try to have his letter printed in other papers or just this rag?

The guardian leans left, just saying.

Why don't you email him and ask him? Do you really expect anyone here to know?

link   

If it was that moment the guy swinging the club wouldn't have had to bend down to reach the guy on the ground...but you knew that...just more of you not accepting reality...

link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

He helped me confiscate property from jews.

You were confiscating the property of Jews with Soros?
Damn, you must be old.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

He's a writer, so perhaps he went to Charlottesville to write about it? Just a thought.....

There are two general forms of writing, Fiction and Non-Fiction.

link   

Jason Wilson

Portland?

He wrote a separate article about the event. He went to the event as part of the writing process.

Weird, huh.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: watchitburn

Well, there's videos all over YouTube that show the opposite of what that person is saying.

Neither white nationalists/Nazis nor AntiFa have ever shown themselves to do anything peacefully.

Just another person pushing an agenda.

So when the guy drove his car into the crowd they should have been peaceful after that?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So to recap,

We have the chief of police saying both sides were violent.

Not one person has addressed this.

I post a video giving time stamps step by step of violent leftists.

No one responds.

So I have to ask, are some people just refusing to look at any evidence that doesn't fit their narative?

link   

originally posted by: RickyD

If it was that moment the guy swinging the club wouldn't have had to bend down to reach the guy on the ground...but you knew that...just more of you not accepting reality...

You're still doing it - assuming with no evidence.

link   
Anyone explain to me the difference between Hitler/Nazi's demagoguing the jews as the cause of all their problems and what ANTIFA is currently doing now using NAZI tactics that the NAZIS used to take power in 30s Germany.

Neone?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Jason Wilson

Portland?

Well American politics in general is a work of fiction.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Second, I agree these a-holes are some of the vilest people I have ever seen. However, you video does not show who attacked who first. Its in the background and it looks like something gets thrown toward the white supremacists. But its not clear.

You're being unreasonable here because you don't want to believe what the facts demonstrate. Look at the second video. You can *clearly* see that the push is coming in from the neo-Nazis. In the first video, you can't see who actually threw the first punch or kick because some guy's head is in the way. I saw the flame fall but what was it? Was it arc'ing tiki torch fuel? That's what I suspect. Keep in mind, the protesters in the middle are completely encircled. And if you look at the second video, where it's clear who drew first blood. You can see a similar thing when the torch fuel is flung from the tiki torch. There's little tiki torch fuel fires on the ground in a number of shots.

You can then see that neo-Nazi proceed to attack the UVA protester with the torch. If you continue to watch that second video, you can see a large number of weapon swinging neo-Nazis pushing in. Here's the video again:

Who is armed? Who surrounded who with torches? Who is being far far more hostile in the shots prior to the fights breaking out in your estimation? Who do we see repeatedly swinging weapons?

Does anyone really believe that those unarmed UVA protesters weren't s#ing their pants? Look at their body language. You think the 30 or so of them (about half of them women), surrounded by 300 neo-Nazis thugs (all of them male, some of them obvious juicers) with torches and other implements, filled with their leftist SJW violent berserker rage screeched "THIS IS SPARTA!" and attacked?

At no level that I look at this is there any equivalence, starting with the fact that this was a horde of out-of-town neo-Nazis who came armed and geared up and on the other side were unarmed locals.

Third, why do you only focus on Friday? Are you saying if this happened friday, then the other side was allowed to be violent saturday?

Not at all, though I think if you want to bring it up, it does sort of set a tone for Saturday, don't you? But no, not giving anyone a pass on Saturday for Friday night specifically.

I focused on Friday because it was the first day and it was what Trump specifically lied about when he was talking and I could easily demonstrate that he was lying. Also of course, because the activity was confined to that narrow area and involved only 300-400 people in total, it's much easier to get a handle on what was going on.

I'm still looking at video and images from Saturday. There were thousands of people covering several blocks. I'm sure that I'll find some violent Leftist swinging sticks, etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

Did you? Your reluctance to grasp this nettle leads me to believe you probably aren't as bad and brainwashed as most of the Antifa stormtroops, You clearly are reluctant to support such violent, nasty ideology, so there is hope yet.

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to the question I asked so I cannot provide an adequate response.

You asked about proof, about the situation leading up to the photo of a man on the floor (A man who is infirm enough to need a stick to walk with) while another stands over him hitting him with a truncheon.

The guy on the floor was no threat, yet was still being hit, and you think it's somehow a reasonable act for the attacker? What evidence do YOU have that the guy on the floor deserved to be beaten in this savage (and illegal) way?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So to recap,

We have the chief of police saying both sides were violent.

Not one person has addressed this.

I post a video giving time stamps step by step of violent leftists.

No one responds.

So I have to ask, are some people just refusing to look at any evidence that doesn't fit their narative?

Nobody is claiming the Left weren't violent at all. Just the reasoning and whether they started it or not.

Please stop deflecting by continually trying to claim people are saying the Left weren't violent at all. It detracts from the ACTUAL topic of who started it and whether the Left were also attacking, or merely defending.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Jason Wilson

Portland?

Well American politics in general is a work of fiction.

I'll agree with that. Doesn't mean the article in the OP is however.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am sure there were fine people that left or were in a different area of that group.

But trump couldn't have been talking about yhem, he had to be praising Nazis.

Funny, every time blm riots, and beats people, and screams vile things, I am told they don't represent all of the protesters.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Anyone explain to me the difference between Hitler/Nazi's demagoguing the jews as the cause of all their problems and what ANTIFA is currently doing now using NAZI tactics that the NAZIS used to take power in 30s Germany.

Neone?

One was reactive, the other defensive.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Do you really expect anyone here to know?

No, no I don't.

That's the point, you guys will believe anything spoon fed to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Don't be so sure.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918)

en.wikiquote.org...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join