It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

yes there were no fine WS. I didn't see trump say that though. He said there were fine people there protesting the removal of the statue. I believe that.

He said there were fine people on both sides. On one side was the WS's/Nazis and the other side the counter-protestors.

If he was referring to people there to protest the removal that were not connected to either "side", then that is another "side" altogether.

Literally the qute ante out had him say good people there to protest the removal of the statue.

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Destinyone

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville. First hand accounts prove that the Right instigated and continued the violence and that the "Left" merely defended itself.

Did you even read the article before responding?

Do you think we don't have televisions and access to youtube?

How dumb and one sided can you get...

OK, so then please post it.

What I'm posting is that you are dumb and one sided.

It's not my fault you refuse to do your own damn research, nor have any logical abilities to do anything other than parrot your own words.

Thankyou for that pointless rant backed up by no evidence whatsoever. It contributed nothing to this debate at all.

If you have evidence, POST IT. If not, I am simply not going to believe you "just because".

This is NOT a debate. It is you having a hissy fit because some intelligent ATS members, won't be swayed by your incorrect conclusion. Plain and simple...

Des

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

IS antifa under the threat of weapons of mass destruction ?

During that time it was chemical weapons.

Hence the gas mask.

Is pepper spray not a chemical weapon?

If it was a gask mask would be better.

But then again.

I can't take antifa seriously when they run around looking like and acting like ISIS.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

the problem with understanding what trump said doesn't have to do with his wording, it has to do with how those listening wanted to take it

How he words things are important. He should say exactly what he means without having to clarify, which seems to happen a lot with Trump.

As I've shown if you (general you not specifically you) stop and think about it it makes sense and isn't off the mark at all.

If we take him for his word, he was wrong. There are no "fine" WS's/Neo-Nazis.

There is a lot of media bias trying to frame it completely off base from how he ment it. Only a loon would think trump would get up on the mic and praise racists...that is political suicide for anyone let alone someone who already knows they're a target.

The media is only taking Trump for his words. If he meant something different, he should have said something different.

I don't mean to address any of this specifically at you...more so in general to anyone who believes he would say there were fine racists protesting there.

I don't take it personally and I can see why people would think he said there were fine racists there. That appears to be what he said.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This is NOT a debate. It is you having a hissy fit because some intelligent ATS members, won't be swayed by your incorrect conclusion. Plain and simple...

Thankyou for your incorrect opinion.

I have posted lots of evidence, yet when others claim to have counter-evidence they mysteriously disappear when I ask them to post it. Why do you think that is? Did Gremlins get them?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

yes there were no fine WS. I didn't see trump say that though. He said there were fine people there protesting the removal of the statue. I believe that.

He said there were fine people on both sides. On one side was the WS's/Nazis and the other side the counter-protestors.

If he was referring to people there to protest the removal that were not connected to either "side", then that is another "side" altogether.

Literally the qute ante out had him say good people there to protest the removal of the statue.

I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

But then again.

I can't take antifa seriously when they run around looking like and acting like ISIS.

I equally cannot take the right seriously when some of them dress as Nazis and KKK and many others defend them.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: introvert

And that's where my logic took over because who in his position would every say something positive about kkk, neo Nazi, antifa or any of the violent disgusting hateful groups. Well to be blunt they wouldn't...but the media played word games as usual to frame what he said in a way that would reflect negatively on him. This is not something that takes a genious to figure out, but you do have to stop and think before you react or you fall right into it.

As I said, it does appear he said there were fine people on both sides, referring to the people that got violent.

So I can see why people were shocked and offended by that. There are no fine people if they are SW's/Neo-Nazis.

So you are equally outraged he said there were fine people on the other side.

I mean, if he was just talking about the violent people on both sides, surely there were no good people on the left either.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are right trumps words are important.
Were the vice reporters embedded with the idiot neo-nazis not "fine people"?
Were they not physically on the neo nazis side?

The only ones who think trump meant neo nazis are fine people are you leftys who hate him and the stupid neo nazis.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

But then again.

I equally cannot take the right seriously when some of them dress as Nazis and KKK and many others defend them.

When did you move to the states ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But then again.

When did you start assuming that people living outside the States cannot have an opinion?

Have you asked the same question of fellow ATS members who support your point of view but also do not live in the States?

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Show your evidence then, Krinkle.

Did you read the OP? You know, the one that I posted, Fizzle?

I did. Biggest waste of my time since the last time I read something you wrote. This is not a thread of discovery, this is a thread desperately trying to prove what WE IN AMERICA know is a a big steaming pile. It's so obvious it actually has stink lines emanating from it.

But keep rocking on, Krinklesac. People who were nowhere near it but spent the last 10 months reading foreign magazines about the evils of Trump surely have something of value to add to our civil insanity.
edit on 17-8-2017 by FissionSurplus because: clarity

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

But then again.

When did you start assuming that people living outside the States cannot have an opinion?

Waaaa....waaaa....waaaaa...

What opinion? The OP is not even your personal experience. You just ripped it off from someone else, and wear it like some kind of tarnished crown. Expecting us to bend at the knee in front of you.

Here's a tissue to wipe your angry tears away.

Des

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All Alex Jones found was one guy refusing to get filmed, wow.

But...but...but the violence!!!oneoneeleven

#LostInfowars

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
a reply to: Destinyone

Thankyou for your opinions. Unfortunately this is NOT the Mud Pit, please follow the T&C's and stop the abuse.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My problem is when foreign opinions directly violate the constitutionally protected RIGHTS of my fellow citizens.

Like nazis or not.

They have the right to assembly and speech, and their RIGHTS to due process and crimes be proven in courts of LAW.

Instead of something now amounts to foreign interference oh say like RUSSIA interjecting itself in American politics.

If that's bad then so is the other.

The great thing about this country. Is people get to be who they are.

Who they want to be.

And that means if someone wants to be a NAZI that's their GD 14th amendment RIGHT.

Someone wants to be a commie that's their GD 14th amendment RIGHT.

Someone wants to be an moronic ANTIFA that's their GD 14th amendment RIGHT.

The problem IS.

When ACTION violates already existing laws.

Which is left up to courts of law.

Instead of vigilante justice which has no place in the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: FissionSurplus
a reply to: Destinyone

Thankyou for your opinions. Unfortunately this is NOT the Mud Pit, please follow the T&C's and stop the abuse.

Yay! It's not abuse, unless you say it is. The mods will make sure you have a safe space to push your agenda. It won't be the first time I've been slapped. It's a badge of honor when it comes to being anti-steaming pile.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My problem is when foreign opinions directly violate the constitutionally protected RIGHTS of my fellow citizens.

You are free to have a problem with "foreign opinions" just as equally as I am free to not care.

I will, however, note that whenever someone resorts to the old go-to argument that "You're not American so your opinion doesn't count" that generally means, in my experience, that they have run out of things to say about the actual topic and are resorting to deflections.

The great thing about this country. Is people get to be who they are.

Who they want to be.

Just like most other western countries, including my own.

Instead of vigilante justice which has no place in the 21st century.

Neither does white supremacism or exceptionalism.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh, that was excellent!! You said it perfectly. In America, it is not against the law to believe certain things....and whether we agree or not, we support the right for them to do so.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But he never said "there are fine neo Nazi kkk people and fine antifa people" he said both sides...what 2 sides were there? One side was the people for keeping the statue which was made up of a bunch of groups, and the other side were those opposed to keeping the statue again made up of a bunch of people. Now had you had it in your mind already that the only people for keeping the statue were the racist scum you might have misinterpreted what he said. In that case that persons lack of knowledge about what was going on caused them to be wrong in thinking he was standing up for bad people. In the end it all comes down to how people,are assuming that the only people who wanted to keep the statue were the bag guys...there were others there in protest which had no affiliation or involvement with the bad people there, and quite frankly I'm sure they too wished the bad elements never showed up same as the rest of us sane people. Just goes to show once again making assumptions is a dangerous game and usually leaves the assumer looking like an ass...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join