It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh, another pearl in spirit of this topic:

acting like ISIS.

They did? Beheadings or the usual tyranny? Any footage?
Ya know... we're still waiting while I'm having a blast with cop-outs. Just saying...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There is already one thread about a guycelebrating his ancestors in military garb silently while he is surrounded and screamed at, then told by police he had to leave.

I saw it. It was disdainful, I'll freely admit it. It didn't have anything to do with the rally though, it happened on Tuesday.

Must be a racist though, right?

I have no idea if that kid is a racist or not.

As to your antics example, I would absolutely stand by the statement there could have been good people there.

What proof would I have that 100percent of the people there has that violent ideology?

You can't find one single picture of the people that Trump claimed existed. Not one. But by your reckoning, I on the other hand must prove that 100% of the people there weren't these people that Trump made up? That is so intellectually dishonest.

Of course the viiolent ones would get more attention, but I wouldn't blindly state anyone there for that rally was evil.

Are you denying that it was a white nationalist/white supremacist rally? If you're just going to be unreasonable, then what's the point? Do we care about the truth or scoring points? You have eyes in your head just like I do. Neither one of us is insane or stupid. You know exactly what that rally was. You know exactly who would attend such a rally. Why then can't you bring yourself to concede even that point? Ugh.

And certainly if I saw videos like what I posted of antics being led away as people three weapons at them and swung ball bats at them I wouldn't scream from the top of my lungs that the people were just defending themselves.

But that is what we see here.

You haven't seen it from me. I haven't looked at your video, I came into the thread a little late. I've got to knock out some work. I'll look at it when I have chance and comment and I can assure you that as much political bias as I might have, I'm not going to stoop to denying what is plainly obvious.
edit on 2017-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Oh, that was excellent!! You said it perfectly. In America, it is not against the law to believe certain things....and whether we agree or not, we support the right for them to do so.

Neither is it against the law in many other countries around the world.

America is not unique.

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

They did? Beheadings or the usual tyranny? Any footage?

Miss this photo from earlier in the thread.

In irony of all irony almost a direct quote from Starship Troops.

That was a FASCIST REGIME.

'The only good bug is a dead bug'.

Would you like to know more ?'

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Can you please put a circle around the "beheading or other atrocity" in that picture?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Can you please put a circle around the "beheading or other atrocity" in that picture?

Here's a BIG CIRCLE.

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.numberofabortions.com...

Considering what that entails.

IT's worse than beheading.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Here's a BIG CIRCLE.

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.numberofabortions.com...

Considering what that entails.

IT's worse than beheading.

What's abortion got to do with the counter-protesters apparently (according to you) being dressed like, and acting like ISIS?

Can we stick to one subject please?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So you are equally outraged he said there were fine people on the other side. I mean, if he was just talking about the violent people on both sides, surely there were no good people on the left either.

Depends on the context in which they chose to get violent. If it was in defense, they could be a fine person. If it was just to be violent, they are not.

No WS/Neo-Nazi is a fine person.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You are right trumps words are important. Were the vice reporters embedded with the idiot neo-nazis not "fine people"? Were they not physically on the neo nazis side?

They were reporters. There were not on any one's side, as far as I know.

The only ones who think trump meant neo nazis are fine people are you leftys who hate him and the stupid neo nazis.

Then we are, again, at a point in which we cannot take Trump for his word. We have to wait for clarification to understand what he actually meant. That opens up another can of worms.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So you are equally outraged he said there were fine people on the other side. I mean, if he was just talking about the violent people on both sides, surely there were no good people on the left either.

Depends on the context in which they chose to get violent. If it was in defense, they could be a fine person. If it was just to be violent, they are not.

Isn't the right to defend one's self supposedly a highly held belief amongst many Americans?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah of course they werent on anyone side...how else did they get those wonderful interviews everyone has posted?
Kind of the reason i put the word physically in there. Side does have more than one meaning. Are you admitting trump does english better than you?
But hey deny away

Lol hold your breath for clarification from trump. I understood exactly what he meant. Was it the greatest statement in the history of statements.....no, but it was not nearly as bad as it is being made out to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

All I have said is I can see why some people would take his words as being shocking, considering the context of the questioning and the fact that there were more than just two "sides".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Isn't the right to defend one's self supposedly a highly held belief amongst many Americans?

I think it's highly regarded by most people in general.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am on mobile will post more later.
There is already one thread about a guycelebrating his ancestors in military garb silently while he is surrounded and screamed at, then told by police he had to leave.

Must be a racist though, right?

As to your antics example, I would absolutely stand by the statement there could have been good people there.

What proof would I have that 100percent of the people there has that violent ideology?

Of course the viiolent ones would get more attention, but I wouldn't blindly state anyone there for that rally was evil.

And certainly if I saw videos like what I posted of antics being led away as people three weapons at them and swung ball bats at them I wouldn't scream from the top of my lungs that the people were just defending themselves.

But that is what we see here.

The arrogance of the left on this is palpable. They know what the entire crowd was thinking, they know who started any and all fights, they know that the entire left opposition was made up of nothing but Nazi's. The left was a bunch of peace loving gentle family men and women, who were abused and beaten down.

I honestly think some form of mass mind control exists here, this many people can't all be this damn ignorant. It's not numerically possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Yeah of course they werent on anyone side...how else did they get those wonderful interviews everyone has posted?

Perhaps the same way reporters have always done it when going into warzones or hostile territory?

Do the reporters who go to North Korea go there because they "side with" the North Koreans?

I think not.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah of course they werent on anyone side...how else did they get those wonderful interviews everyone has posted? Kind of the reason i put the word physically in there. Side does have more than one meaning.

If you did not mean it in the context we are discussing in this thread, then it's completely irrelevant.

Are you admitting trump does english better than you? But hey deny away

You're not making much sense.

Lol hold your breath for clarification from trump. I understood exactly what he meant. Was it the greatest statement in the history of statements.....no, but it was not nearly as bad as it is being made out to be.

I don't think it's that much a big deal either, but, as I said, I can see why some may have taken offense to it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think it's highly regarded by most people in general.

Oh absolutely, my own country included. I am just making the point that the same people who shout the loudest about owning weapons for personal safety and defence seem to be the same people trying really hard to paint the counter-protesters as the instigators of violence. I just found that interesting to note.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

yeah too bad the quote was not "side with" though

stretch it however you like it matters not

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Reporters are on whatever side the person who signs their paycheck tells them to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you did not mean it in the context we are discussing in this thread, then it's completely irrelevant.

Let me fix that
If you did not mean it how I want it then it is completely irrelevant.

PFFF
you are irrelevant
it is why you scream the loudest

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join