It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They WERE there to protect against violence from either side. They ended up protecting people who were being attacked from ANTIFA!

They were really pissed at the LEO"s for standing down and doing nothing but let the violence ensue. As a matter of fact, they sent a message to Law Enforcement that they have always stood by them and stood up for them. However, if this is how LEO's are going to abandon their oath to protect the public, they are DONE!

Spin it how you want Daily Koz........

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I agree. All they see is a white guy in office and not a black guy. It is really as simple as that. I was just trying to show that there is no reason for the the lot to 'like' Trump other than the fact he is white.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

But that group is evil too, right? The NYT was duped, and she really is a klansmen.

I have no more idea how "evil" that group is than you do. Well, that's not *exactly* true. I was able to track down who they were through social media. It was AWR-Kansas (American Warrior Revolution). They are *not* a white nationalist group. They're a Patriot Movement group with ties to the III%ers who claim to have been there to support the neo-Nazi's right to assemble.

From what I've gathered so far, there were two other militia groups there: the NY Light Foot Mountain Militia and the PA Light Foot Militia Laurel Highlands Ghost Company (pictured)

(not my circles) From statements by Christian Yingling, they weren't there in support of Unite the Right, the 32 people in his group were there to prevent violence between the groups.

Yingling called rally organizer Jason Kessler, a Charlottesville white nationalist, a "piece of (excrement)" and a "dirtbag" for bringing in hate groups loaded for a fight, with the ostensible goal of protesting the proposed removal of the park's statue of Robert E. Lee. Groups on both sides behaved like "jackasses," he said.

"This rally had nothing to do with uniting the right wing," Yingling said in the video. "They weren't there to support Southern heritage or protest a statue; they were there to fight."

In a separate video, George Curbelo, Yingling's "second in command" Saturday, reiterated that the militia wasn't there to support the rally.

"The New York Light Foot, the Pennsylvania Light Foot and all the other militias that were there... do not condone, support or in any other way align ourselves with white supremacy," Curbelo said.

Apparently the cops asked them to leave a few hours before the neo-Nazi terrorist plowed his car into a bunch of people.

For five hours, Yingling said, his group tried to hold apart thousands of protesters and counter-protesters, all of whom assaulted the militia and each other with fists, feet, clubs, shields, irritant spray, bottles and paint. He said they stopped belligerents on both sides where they could and pulled the injured from the fray and delivered them to acting "medics," but he denied reports that militia members hit back or struck anyone in an effort to break up fights.

The militia left when state and city police, who had otherwise been staying outside the conflict, said they were shutting down the park.

Anyway, according to these militia groups, they weren't there to support the neo-Nazis and so technically, they wouldn't qualify as "very fine people" from either side. Interestingly, as you can see Yingling didn't mince words and I'm pretty sure he's about as far-right as they come.

"They weren't there to support Southern heritage or protest a statue; they were there to fight."

Are these the oathkeepers? I was looking for a rundown of the groups present, but had difficulty finding them.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I appreciate the conversation.

O get it; I see where you are coming from.

It was dumb for trump to not come out immediately and say he denounces the KKK, by name.

But he did denounce all violence.

He then later used those names. Look at the thread where Trump made his second round of comments. My very first post was claiming that although their was violence on all sides, he needed to say that.

I don't think his third comments make his second comments any less true. He was just getting barraged over and over and over again for condemning all violence. Even when he condemns the KKK, etc. the mass media still hammered him.

So he holds a presser, and they keep pushing it. Hes finally had enough and says what about the other side? And now all hell breaks loose.

And hes right; as I have tried to show, by failing to condemn the extremist on the other side the media and others are emboldening them. And again, just like with the lead up to the iraq war, no discussion of dissent is permitted.

And its a blatant double standard.

When scalise was shot by a bernie supporter, all of the democrats condemned all violence. Not one of them spoke about radical left wing people (if you can find it show me).

Yet now the freak out. It hypocrisy, and its Orwellian.

See this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I said that David Duke was supporting Trump and thanking him for legitimizing them with his comments.

You come along and claim he doesn't support Trump because of Jewish connections.

I then posted a video of David Duke saying exactly what I said he did.

I'm not sure why you're now claiming to not care what David Duke thinks? That's a diversion from what we were discussing. I made a claim then showed evidence of it. That's it. Period. David Duke supports Trump - his own words.

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have no more idea how "evil" that group is than you do. Well, that's not *exactly* true. I was able to track down who they were through social media. It was AWR-Kansas (American Warrior Revolution). They are *not* a white nationalist group. They're a Patriot Movement group with ties to the III%ers who claim to have been there to support the neo-Nazi's right to assemble.

"They weren't there to support Southern heritage or protest a statue; they were there to fight."

But that is not what she said to the NYT.

She said her and her group were there to potest the removal of the statue, and they are not white supremacist.

Do you doubt her?

The fact that they too were appalled by the a-holes is a good thing.

But how does this not show that if what this woman is saying is true, then the side protesting the removal of the statue had good people?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I have to go for a bit mate, I'll reply and chat further when I return.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I have to go for a bit mate, I'll reply and chat further when I return.

Look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you go to a biker bar and taunt them , YOU are responsible for your ass beating.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This video I believe shows that there was violence on both sides,

Now watch a car plunging into a crowd, the main event Trump failed to address. Can we call a spade a spade?
Elephant in the room, terrorism maybe?

therefore Trumps comment (at least that part, which is what most people took offense to) is true.

Was it adequate or not? Truth is, that his unlucky generalisation invites mockery.
A few beatings and street clashes don't justify plain terrorism, nor are those acts remotely comparable. End of story, innit?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It doesn't take a genius to see that this president shares white nationalist views. I won't waste my time looking at shallow excuses you make for this bigot. I've seen enough posted during the 6 months this idiots been in office. His earlier lies saying he didn't know David Duke or what the term "white supremacists" represents is evidence enough he aligns his ideals with white nationalists.

Anyone including you who can continue to support a president like this and not repudiate these Nazi loving terrorists, really do not share my moral values nor the majority of Americans. If you don't like my hate for this man, don't respond to my posts and point me in a direction where supporters like you will twist this idiots own words to cover for his bigotry, and dangerous rhetoric he spews weekly.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oathkeepers will NOT support in any capacity any type of group who supports any type of racist tendencies. They had people thrown out of the Berkeley free speech rally for showing up with Nazi symbols.

Oathkeepers are military vets and active who serve with people of all races and who love their country and Constitution that they took an oath to serve.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

This video I believe shows that there was violence on both sides,

Now watch a car plunging into a crowd, the main event Trump failed to address. Can we call a spade a spade?
Elephant in the room, terrorism maybe?

therefore Trumps comment (at least that part, which is what most people took offense to) is true.

Was it adequate or not? Truth is, that his unlucky generalisation invites mockery.
A few beatings and street clashes don't justify plain terrorism, nor are those acts remotely comparable. End of story, innit?

No not end of story.

Yes the car incident was by far the worst thing that happened. It agree that it was most likely terrorism.

Trump did address it.

First he called out all violence, and bigotry, and hatred.

Then he said

Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America. Two days ago, a young American woman, Heather Heyer, was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers and our love.

www.nytimes.com...

But its never enough.

And although her death was the most serious thing, to take the stance that somehow we should not focus on any of the other violence is insane.

There is an orwellian effort to silence anyone who dares say the other side acted violently too.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No, those are Light Foot Militia but as you can see, some of them are badged III%ers. I honestly don't know how they address the overlap. I know that the III%ers and Oath Keepers are somehow aligned and IIIRC, the III%ers were founded by an Oath Keeper a couple years after the Oath Keepers were founded.

The whole "Patriot Movement" thing is very confusing, tangled web. Ostensibly the Oath Keepers are "non-partisan" but all of these groups are far-right in practice.

Personally, I've known a few militia nuts from Florida and Georgia and I wasn't impressed. At least in the case of those guys, they were just *heavily* (I mean *heavily* and I come from a family of gun nuts) armed assholes. They weren't racists though.

I tend to be weary of people who self-appoint themselves to any position of power over other's lives. Whether it's Julian Assange playing geopolitics or armed militia people who think that they have a right to come to my town and patrol our streets.

The III%ers typify that mentality, it's evident in their name, which is based on the myth that only 3% of the colonists participated in the American Revolution. The myth is essentially a justification for self-appointed "revolutionaries."

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was watching live streams of it and both sides were mixing it up,not that it F'n matters,the narrative has been set and anyone who doubts it is enemy,cant we just have nuclear fire,it's less stressful.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

You won't waste time huh...I don't really care what you do. Doesn't make what you say true or make any sense...pretty sure,my post to you laid it out as close to,reality as it,gets. Have a,good,day!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No, those are Light Foot Militia but as you can see, some of them are badged III%ers. I honestly don't know how they address the overlap. I know that the III%ers and Oath Keepers are somehow aligned and IIIRC, the III%ers were founded by an Oath Keeper a couple years after the Oath Keepers were founded.

The whole "Patriot Movement" thing is very confusing, tangled web. Ostensibly the Oath Keepers are "non-partisan" but all of these groups are far-right in practice.

Personally, I've known a few militia nuts from Florida and Georgia and I wasn't impressed. At least in the case of those guys, they were just *heavily* (I mean *heavily* and I come from a family of gun nuts) armed assholes. They weren't racists though.

I tend to be weary of people who self-appoint themselves to any position of power over other's lives. Whether it's Julian Assange playing geopolitics or armed militia people who think that they have a right to come to my town and patrol our streets.

The III%ers typify that mentality, it's evident in their name, which is based on the myth that only 3% of the colonists participated in the American Revolution. The myth is essentially a justification for self-appointed "revolutionaries."

NO, they are not far right! Perhaps in your mind that those who took an oath to the Constitution are FAR RIGHT that says more about you than those who took that oath!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I appreciate that.

The more and more I look at these groups the less and less I see they are organized in any coherent fashion, whether it is in beliefs and goals. It seems a patchwork of racists, disaffected youth, and paranoiacs. Oh, and I'm certain some of them are good people.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That description could also apply to the "Cntl-Left" (i.e. BLM, Antifa, random arnachists, etc...) as well I think.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I must say, I am disappointed in many of the conservatives on ATS who always wallow in the left/right paradigm dispute and can’t put that down to denounce these KKK and Nazi groups.

That said, I must say, I am proud of some of the American conservatives, whom I usually am diametrically opposed, for being steadfast in denouncing the depraved evil philosophy of these racists.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join