It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Who are you suggesting "paid" these people to turn up, and for what purpose?

Looks to me like this was a windfall of propaganda for the left.
From the responses on facebook I would say everything is pro-left so far as feelings generated by the event.
The media has relentlessly demonized Trump and any support for him.
The same people who own the media easily have the money to finance both side of an event like this.
If White supremacy were real the media would be telling stories about the awful leftist looking for violence and attacking innocent patriots.
What we got was a broad-brushing of the Alt-right as Neo-nazis and Confederate wannabes, not conservatives or patriots.

There are plenty of videos showing Antifa rushing in with sticks and even bats to attack the Alt-right people as they were pushed out by the police before they even started the rally they had a permit for.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Kryties

There is absolutely NOTHING in there about him collaborating with Nazi's . More far-right FAKE NEWS.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So... it's an article about a single person (who's political alignment may not be revealed) stating that every video available of the incident is incorrect, and he himself is the voice of truth........

Seems legit.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

What good fight? There is no good fight. Nazis are not taking over the streets. The KKK is not taking over the streets. I do not see them out and about everyday.

Yet that's EXACTLY what happened at Charlottesville.

link   
a reply to: yuppa

So Nazis Vs commies.

In a nutshell.

A website that appears to have been created by a group of anti-fascists in Sacramento, California, says anti-fascism opposes the power structures of white supremacy, patriarchy and capitalism and strives to dismantle all systems that promote prejudice and oppression.

www.chicagotribune.com...

link   

He helped me confiscate property from jews.

edit on 17-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

My God what difference does the age or Military status of the person make? The question should be "who struck who first" and then filing of charges once that is determined. It's just as bad as your statement of "all counterprotestors were peaceful". Let actual facts determine who is at fault

Did you miss this bit? You actually even quoted it but yeah, whatever.....

There is no context to that picture, we have no idea whether or not the person on the ground had perhaps charged and attacked the other person first but they got the upper hand. We have no way of knowing - but that poster would have you believe it's an "elderly defenceless veteran being mercilessly beaten for no reason".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so, if someone is not jacked up like that they're elderly?

you can't make this kind of idiocy up...

link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
or it could be a windfall for trump, since now he has reason to clamp down on protests, and we all know he probably doesn't like all those people protesting in front of his businesses so often!!

but I also think that it also compromises local communities right to self govern, and that just might be the grand prize of this!! and something that both the dems and the republicans on the highest level might like to see.

link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

He helped me confiscate property's from jews.

FDR the hero of the antifa movement did the same thing to the japanese here, and everyone else (Gold and Silver).

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

Did you? Your reluctance to grasp this nettle leads me to believe you probably aren't as bad and brainwashed as most of the Antifa stormtroops, You clearly are reluctant to support such violent, nasty ideology, so there is hope yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Avicenne

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Avicenne

Hitler was murdering millions of people, not protesting the removal of a statue that is historically relevant

You know what else is relevant ?
Chanting "Blood and soil" while protesting the removal of a statue. So, chanting Nazi slogans is alright for the altright.

It's disgusting but is it illegal? "Life begins at Conception" is probably offensive to pro choice people, is it illegal. I won't delve into some of the fine BLM chants we have all seen and heard.

That's your defence!? It's not illegal!?
Well chant on dear Hitlerian youth, chant on !

link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Looks to me like this was a windfall of propaganda for the left.
From the responses on facebook I would say everything is pro-left so far as feelings generated by the event.

Why does that have to be because of some form of "organised propaganda machine"?

Could it not just actually be the genuine feelings of the people posting?

The media has relentlessly demonized Trump and any support for him.

And rightly so in many peoples eyes.

The same people who own the media easily have the money to finance both side of an event like this.
If White supremacy were real the media would be telling stories about the awful leftist looking for violence and attacking innocent patriots.
What we got was a broad-brushing of the Alt-right as Neo-nazis and Confederate wannabes, not conservatives or patriots.

There are plenty of videos showing Antifa rushing in with sticks and even bats to attack the Alt-right people as they were pushed out by the police before they even started the rally they had a permit for.

By that same reasoning one could equally say that Fox News and Breitbart funded the white supremacists, KKK and neo-Nazis that showed up.

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: britishpatriot

The protocols of the elders of Zion were not a fake.

Yes, yes they were, and are. They were written in 1919 by a "gentleman" by the name of Mathieu Golovinsk, at the behest of the Piotr Rakhkovsky, head of the Okhrana's French section. Though their origins go back, probably, to the French Revolution and various pamphlets and books blaming various organisations, such as the Masons, for the problems besetting France at the time.

Okhrana.

The Protocols have been the basis for many other tracts that supposedly reveal the evil Jew, such as Henry Ford's "International Jew". ...and various simple minded folks have used it, despite its exposure, beginning in 1921 by Robert Graves, as a hoax made up out of plagiarized bits from Dialogue in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu, to justify their bigotry. In 1935, I think, yep 1935, a judge in Switzerland declared it a hoax.

So, yes, it's real. A real hoax. A classic of the genre, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

Did you? Your reluctance to grasp this nettle leads me to believe you probably aren't as bad and brainwashed as most of the Antifa stormtroops, You clearly are reluctant to support such violent, nasty ideology, so there is hope yet.

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to the question I asked so I cannot provide an adequate response.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
About the author of I was in Charlottesville:

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Whenever you find yourself beating someone across the head while they're on the ground, and calling it self defense, you're wrong. The,defense of yourself ended the,moment he went down, at that point you became the attacker...and a felonious one at that.

link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
About the author of I was in Charlottesville:

Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson is an Australian-born writer living in Portland, Oregon. He's on Twitter at @jason_a_w.

Portland?

He's a writer, so perhaps he went to Charlottesville to write about it? Just a thought.....

link   
Just wondering but did this guy try to have his letter printed in other papers or just this rag?

The guardian leans left, just saying.

link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join