It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Elderly veteran being beaten with bat.

link to image

"Elderly Veteran" my round, shiny ass. He can't be more than 35.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Fisrt can you post aid the fine people from the night before? Not saying it didn't happen but I'd like to see it.

transcript

But they were there to protest- excuse me. you take a look the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of the Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead.

Trump: No. No. There were people in that rally — and I looked the night before. If you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people: neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest — and very legally protest, because you know- I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit. So, I only tell you this. There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country. Does anybody have a final- does anybody- you have an infrastructure question.

You are assuming all of the people there were the ones you pictured.

That was the action Friday night at the statue. There were a group of UVA protesters (the campus is right up the street) that were at the statue. The "Unite the Right" invading horde started at the UVA campus and marched to the Lee statue in what is now called Emancipation Park.

Timeline

By 8:45 p.m. Friday, a column of about 250 mostly young white males, many wearing khaki pants and white polo shirts, began to stretch across the shadowy Nameless Field, a large expanse of grass behind Memorial Gymnasium at the University of Virginia. Their torches, filled with kerosene by workers at a nearby table, were still dark.

“Stay in formation!” barked an organizer carrying a bullhorn.
“Two by two! Two by two!”

Within minutes, marchers lit their torches. Additional organizers, wearing earpieces and carrying radios, ran up and down the line shouting directions. “Now! Now! Go!”

The chants echoed as the group marched past the iconic halls of the university founded by Thomas Jefferson, paraded down the middle of the hallowed Lawn, climbed to the rotunda and converged on a statue of Jefferson himself.

There they met their enemy. A group of about 30 U-Va. students — students of color and white students — had locked arms around the base of the statue to face down the hundreds of torchbearers. The marchers circled the statue. Some made monkey noises at the black counterprotesters. Then they began chanting, “White lives matter!”

There were no other protests/counterprotests in Charlottesville on Friday night.

So what else could Trump have been talking about? He said he saw pictures from the night before. He made a deliberate point of saying that among that march of Nazi slogan chanting, torch-wielding neo-Nazis, there were "some very fine people" who were just there to protest the statue being removed and the renaming of the park.

What do you see? Do you think that maybe some "very fine people" marched approximately a mile and a half with a few hundred torch-wielding neo-Nazis as they chanted "Jews will not replace us," "blood and soil" and other neo-Nazi chants?

Is that reasonable? I don't believe that a lot of "very fine people" end up inadvertently marching with neo-Nazis and if they did find themselves in that situation, I can only assume that "very fine people" would probably say, "oh s#, this is a neo-Nazi march! I'm an idiot. I'm getting the f# outta here."

The President lied in defense of neo-Nazis. I don't know how this point can be refuted. He either lied about having seen images from the Friday night protest/counter-protest or he saw the images and didn't realize what he was looking at or he actually new the truth and just flat out lied because he felt obligated to shift blame to create a false equivalence.

None of those are good but I suppose lying out of ignorance is somewhat better?
edit on 2017-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: britishpatriot
a reply to: Kryties

The "elitist global zionest one world government agenda" is only slightly more believable to me now than the Queen being a Reptilian.

Stuff like the queen being a reptilian is just a diversion, its used to discredit us and distract from the Truth.

The protocols of the elders of Zion were not a fake.

Having been on ATS for nearly 10 years, if I had a dollar for every time I'd heard that I'd be a rich man by now.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ann coulter retweeted a video compilation that is quite interesting. I believe it is already "unavailable" on twitter now.
I am unable to post it on my phone but I did get a screenshot of it. I will post it when I get home.

Here is a quick synopsis:

#resist
Bury this video of Antifa attacking "Journalists".
They shouldn't be filming us in public anyways.
#Resist

It involves Antifa knocking phones out of people's hands (including a reporter) if they appear to be recording.

It was reported by cbs6 WTVR Richmond.
It also has screen caps of tweets.

I did not make or condone the video but it may provide some info and footage to dig up.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Who are you suggesting "paid" these people to turn up, and for what purpose?

Soros,AFLCIO,Obamas OFA,DNC superpac.

The purpose to create chaos, and hatred to take back the house next year.

Got some proof of that?

Explain to me how antifa suddenly got from the east coast to the west coast ?

The left is famous for busing people.

and it takes MONEY.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: britishpatriot

You will never understand this unless you understand the elitist global zionest one world government agenda.

otherwise known as the "ooops, we screwed up the economy really bad now and don't know how to fix it.. we need to create chaos so we can clamp down with martial law before the peons figure this one out!!?

when that happens, it will be your local gov't that will be your shield if you have one.. how many of you worrying about what charlottesville is doing has shown any interest at all in your own local governments???

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

did you sit in the Oval office and get the full presidential briefing? Cuz if you didn't, then you really don't have any idea what Trump saw or didn't see.

link   

link to image

Never mind the image shows him cracking the skull of someone on the ground with a club...............

link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Who are you suggesting "paid" these people to turn up, and for what purpose?

Soros,AFLCIO,Obamas OFA,DNC superpac.

The purpose to create chaos, and hatred to take back the house next year.

Got some proof of that?

Explain to me how antifa suddenly got from the east coast to the west coast ?

The left is famous for busing people.

and it takes MONEY.

I don't know mate. They drove?

I'm not in the habit of making up huge conspiracies without proof, hence why I asked.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

link to image

Never mind the image shows him cracking the skull of someone on the ground with a club...............

That poster is trying to claim the "elderly veteran" is the one being beaten. That person being beaten is no more than 35. The attempts at garnering sympathy by trying to make him out to be some "poor, defenceless elderly veteran" are pathetic.

There is no context to that picture, we have no idea whether or not the person on the ground had perhaps charged and attacked the other person first but they got the upper hand. We have no way of knowing - but that poster would have you believe it's an "elderly defenceless veteran being mercilessly beaten for no reason".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They got free bus rides courtesy of a NAZI collaborator. George Soros.

thewashingtonstandard.com...
edit on 17-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

link to image

Right?! The picture is of guy on the ground, clearly elderly with a cane and umbrella getting his head smashed by a 35 year old "counter protester".

(post by PlasticWizard removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

link to image

Right?! The picture is of guy on the ground, clearly elderly with a cane and umbrella getting his head smashed by a 35 year old "counter protester".

Clearly elderly?

Bald head, goatee, muscles - CLEARLY elderly?

Really?

And you call me delusional....

What's the context of the photo since you seem to know so much about it? Why was the man on the ground being beaten? Did he attack first and get walloped? Show me some proof.....

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think it actually matters anymore. Some people will just make up their reality and seek out anyone who will confirm the delusion. The truth is spoken very plainly by the President in very reasonable language and all hell breaks loose. Crazy times.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

noon to 5 pm what day, doesn't really matter because their torch march wasn't in the daylight so it was well past 5pm!!!

and, by the time noon came on saturday, there had been so much chaos and violence that the event was cancelled.
but ya, there were permits issued to both sides...
too bad none of them could behave themselves in the city long enough to enjoy their permit to exercise their right to speak!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

link to image

Clearly elderly?

Really?

What's the context of the photo since you seem to know so much about it? Why was the man on the ground being beaten? Did he attack first and get walloped? Show me some proof.....

If you're seeing muscle and a goatee on a guy wearing long sleeves.. Then yes you are.
edit on 17-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

They got free bus rides courtesy of a NAZI collaborator. George Soros.

thewashingtonstandard.com...

OK. Cool. Somebody who hates Nazis as much as the counter-protesters paid for some of them to go and counter-protest the hate speech.

I see no problem with this. He's fighting the good fight.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

link to image

Clearly elderly?

Really?

Jumped the shark. Please get the lights on the way out.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Aside from what's obviously going on there...why exactly are people who are supposedly protesting neo nazis bringing signs about trump and pence lol. Its like ADD protesters...they don't even know what their protesting half the time...they just grab the closest sign and race off to protest I guess...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join