It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Kryties

Whenever you find yourself beating someone across the head while they're on the ground, and calling it self defense, you're wrong. The,defense of yourself ended the,moment he went down, at that point you became the attacker...and a felonious one at that.

Who says the photo wasn't taken at the exact moment he "went down"? Again, context. I am asking for some yet others are just making up what happened and claiming it to be fact with no proof beyond what is shown in the picture.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

Did you? Your reluctance to grasp this nettle leads me to believe you probably aren't as bad and brainwashed as most of the Antifa stormtroops, You clearly are reluctant to support such violent, nasty ideology, so there is hope yet.

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to the question I asked so I cannot provide an adequate response.

You asked about proof, about the situation leading up to the photo of a man on the floor (A man who is infirm enough to need a stick to walk with) while another stands over him hitting him with a truncheon.

The guy on the floor was no threat, yet was still being hit, and you think it's somehow a reasonable act for the attacker? What evidence do YOU have that the guy on the floor deserved to be beaten in this savage (and illegal) way?

Please Google the word "Context" It is clear you are having trouble understanding my posts.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It almost seems like you and others are missing a big part of this. On Saturday, there were some violent Nazi's in the park. They had weapons. They were looking for a fight. They wanted a fight. A fight would give them a little chub. Just then, busloads of ANTIFA folks showed up also with weapons. (still with me sparky?) OK, so now you have two groups of dumbasses with weapons.

The million dollar question is:
Does it really matter who swing first, or is it safe to say that both sides were at fault for being stupid in the first place?

Somebody did start a fight, and there is no way in hell to determine whom that was. So while it's entertaining to watch some of you try to glorify ANTIFA, it's mental masturbation.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Anyone explain to me the difference between Hitler/Nazi's demagoguing the jews as the cause of all their problems and what ANTIFA is currently doing now using NAZI tactics that the NAZIS used to take power in 30s Germany.

Neone?

One was reactive, the other defensive.

Funny how just eight years ago 'pre emptive' wars was 'bad'.

Funny how those same people are singing a different tune today.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So to recap,

We have the chief of police saying both sides were violent.

Not one person has addressed this.

I post a video giving time stamps step by step of violent leftists.

No one responds.

So I have to ask, are some people just refusing to look at any evidence that doesn't fit their narative?

Thank you for finding all that and putting it together.
Sadly we are seeing that there is an extremist side to every single side if we let the extremists speak for us the people in the middle will be lost.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Do you really expect anyone here to know?

No, no I don't.

That's the point, you guys will believe anything spoon fed to you.

So, apparently, will you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They were not fine people if they were there to protest in solidarity with WS's and Neo-Nazis, whether they were part of the violence or not.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Don't be so sure.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918)

en.wikiquote.org...

That still doesn't mean that the article in the OP is fiction though.

Just because you really WANT it to be, doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Whom has glorified antifa?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Want doesn't enter into the equation.

You can put 10 people in a room and ask them 'what happened' bout any given incident.

And no two accounts will be the same.,

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

They were not fine people if they were there to protest in solidarity with WS's and Neo-Nazis, whether they were part of the violence or not.

Prove it.

I know, you can't, which makes saying it kind of dumb.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

What's the guy doing there in the first place? Standing peacefully in the middle of nowhere, co-incidentally close to the counter-protesters and just so happened to be randomly hit......

CONTEXT. Google it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Anyone explain to me the difference between Hitler/Nazi's demagoguing the jews as the cause of all their problems and what ANTIFA is currently doing now using NAZI tactics that the NAZIS used to take power in 30s Germany.

Neone?

Same people?

Really?

Got some evidence?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Want doesn't enter into the equation.

You can put 10 people in a room and ask them 'what happened' bout any given incident.

And no two accounts will be the same.,

Then why assume the OP is automatically fiction?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That pic shows the true nature of these people and the true darkness of those who would cover their eyes to avoid seeing the truth.

What's the context of the picture? Can you prove, beyond doubt and with evidence, that the person on the ground didn't instigate the fight but get his ass handed to him?

Did you? Your reluctance to grasp this nettle leads me to believe you probably aren't as bad and brainwashed as most of the Antifa stormtroops, You clearly are reluctant to support such violent, nasty ideology, so there is hope yet.

I'm not entirely sure how that relates to the question I asked so I cannot provide an adequate response.

You asked about proof, about the situation leading up to the photo of a man on the floor (A man who is infirm enough to need a stick to walk with) while another stands over him hitting him with a truncheon.

The guy on the floor was no threat, yet was still being hit, and you think it's somehow a reasonable act for the attacker? What evidence do YOU have that the guy on the floor deserved to be beaten in this savage (and illegal) way?

Please Google the word "Context" It is clear you are having trouble understanding my posts.

So are you, son, judging by that half ar5ed answer.

In what context is it ok to continue to beat a man who needs a stick to walk with when you have already knocked him to the ground with your truncheon? Tell you what, dress that antifa bloke up in a cop uniform and you would be screaming for his head.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

Prove it.

I know, you can't, which makes saying it kind of dumb.

Did you watch the Vice News doco? It shows the protests the night before.

link   

a reply to: network dude

Whom has glorified antifa?

Did you actually read any of this thread? If not, I invite you to.
Everyone who is claiming they know who started it and "the left" was just defending itself.
As if "the left" is to be held blameless, just innocent counter protesters who were wronged.

link   

Neone?

Same people?

Really?

Got some evidence?

Don't be a science denier.

www.scientificamerican.com...

link   

What context makes it OK to beat a disabled person in the head thats already clearly on the ground? I'll wait for your response.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Notice the undercover in the background doing nothing?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join