It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone
we are one nation, we are all a part of that one nation. if we are a christian nation, we should be concerned when our actions offends others.. we should try real hard not to offend them.
the statue is the offense, but also, the removing the statue is an offense.. both sides should not want the other to be offended, so it seems to me that the side that wants the statues gone should be saying, well, since it means so much to you, I will tolerate it, and those that want it to stay should be saying well, if it bothers you so much, maybe it should come down... and, then, seeing that they now disagree in the opposite manner, they both quietly go home without taking any action, the one that finds the statue offensive avoids the area as much as possible, the one who care about it a great deal doesn't insist that the other recognize it's existence...
but when it comes to people traveling halfway across the country to fight over the statue... that they don't really have to make any effort to avoid lest they be offended, or will never visit to admire..
wtf??? is it really worth being violent over one way or another????

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: kruphix

I'll justify destroying symbols of hate all day long...should have been done long ago.

Does that include books? Paintings?

If they are displayed in a public space as a celebration of a history of hate and local officials are unwilling to remove such symbols...yes...100%.

These things have their place...libraries and museums...not on display on public land.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: eletheia

Sure what ever. Are you a white supremacist? A Nazi? Just asking. Otherwise why you guys getting so upset.
These statues represent haters and people who tried to destroy the nation.
What's wrong with just getting rid of all that crap.

So you are ok with mobs destroying publicly property if you think it represents haters?

What the dumb azzes don't realize is that the Attorney General of the U.S. is moving towards full prosecution of high-profile lawbreakers. And, each of their faces is clearly visible. They're going to be moving out of Mommy/Daddy's basement for awhile.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Painterz
Seems quite simple to me. People no longer wish to tolerate having to see symbols of slavery that are worshipped by white supremacists and nazis.

How about instead of blaming civil rights people and black folks and liberals and lefties, you try blaming the screaming violent diehard racists and nazis who made these symbols so thoroughly toxic?

And does everyone see this.

Already two posts on this thread justfying this destruction of public property.

These are the same people that will justify censoring any opinion they deem racist.

And as we have already seen on campuses, everything is racsit that doesn't fit their narrative.

It is people like this that will escalate this feud.

I'll justify destroying symbols of hate all day long...should have been done long ago.

And let's be clear...these aren't statues commemorating part of American history...they are symbols of a treasonous group trying to LEAVE our country and not be AMERICAN anymore.

Oh, this sort of unamerican hate?

A son of Revolutionary War officer Henry "Light Horse Harry" Lee III, Lee was a top graduate of the United States Military Academy and an exceptional officer and military engineer in the United States Army for 32 years. During this time, he served throughout the United States, distinguished himself during the Mexican–American War, and served as Superintendent of the United States Military Academy.

Yeah, real un-american man (/sarc). How long did you serve this country at that level of responsibility?

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: matafuchs

Most of these statues went up during the Jim Crow era.
Why celebrate the idiots who tried to destroy our nation?

There are a millions of idiots that are celebrating the idiots that are trying to destroy our nation right now.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: kruphix

How do you learn from history that is hidden?

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it" is a an often used quote that may or may not have ever been spoken, but it is very true.

+13 more 
link   

These things have their place...libraries and museums...not on display on public land.

Most libraries and museums are public land.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: aethertek
Well it wont need to be melted, crumpled on impact, too bad so sad.

& in other good news Texas A&M canceled Dick spencer & his nazi hatefest.
Then just for giggles the hotels in Washington wouldn't rent him a room so he had to do his song & dance at his crappy apt.
Still laughing about that LOL.

Name them & shame them, drive them back into what ever stinking hole they crawled out of.

K~

Holy #.. what a sad sad video with some sad sad individuals. I'm going to assume you had your hands up in celebration watching this and probably imagined yourself kicking the statue too.

I know I Did!

This video got my adrenalin pumping!

They all need to be torn down! Immediately!

The Confederacy was a rebellion.. a terrorist organization that took the lives of union soldiers, and supported the enslavement of citizens.

They shouldn't exist outside of museums in the first place.

Germany doesn't have any monuments to Hitler that I'm aware of.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Sure, that's what you guys say now but I know damn well that would be the next target for you "patriots", but go ahead and pretend that won't happen.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah nope. I refuse to support people who just tear down statues that are part of history because of muh feelings. I wonder if this will spark a discussion in Germany of burning Auschwitz to the ground. I advocate we are tearing down the great wall of china and all the pyramids next. Sweet.

Btw it's pretty funny that people still think that they will leave books untouched because they altered and censored some german books that were deemed offensive. Isnt that wonderful.

Well i was right in my assumptions who the real Nazis are after all. I'm never wrong. Heed my warning because this will not be the end of it and they will push it further and further until people snap and the real fun begins.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Most libraries and museums are public land.

The culture Nazis will be burning them next.

link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Well, whats keeping you tough guy?

Post your video documentation.... please?

+1 more 
link   

I bet you failed history too.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I wonder if this will spark a discussion in Germany of burning Auschwitz to the ground.

Why would Germans tear it down? It's in Poland.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Germany doesn't have any monuments to Hitler that I'm aware of.

No your right they do not, they do however in their schools teach the history they are not proud of to ensure that it never happens again.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Freakin' anarchists.

I wonder how many of these people wrote bills to remove the statue or would have gotten out and actually voted on it if it existed. I'm guessing zero.

I get the anger, I super do. But this isn't helping.

+3 more 
link   

It is history. Do you know how much hate, murder and death were in the Roman Colosseum? Should we tear that down.

This is not about the civil war. it is about precedent. One day it is a Civil War statue and then it is a WW2 statue because someone disagrees with war.

This is how it starts. Where it ends is not going to be good. Mark my word.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, whats keeping you tough guy?

Post your video documentation.... please?

'I know I Did

As in reply to the post.. that after seeing the video he wished he was there kicking that statue.

I wish I was there.. but I'm In Arizona at the moment, and from Cleveland Ohio

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Could you imagine if a group of right wingers pulled down a statue of MLK? Saying all hell would break loose is putting it mildly.

That will literally start civil war.

What's that?

Ain't no moar books or nuthin' about that!

I know you would agree that tearing down a statue of MLK would bring hell to America.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That's pretty awesome, good for them.

It's about time monuments to confederacy are taking down...one way or another.

Bravo Patriots....Bravo.

That doesnt even make sense.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join