It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: matafuchs

Could you imagine if a group of right wingers pulled down a statue of MLK? Saying all hell would break loose is putting it mildly.

You know that is an interesting thought in other ways. The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. was all about peaceful change. Not the horsesh** going on today

I doubt Loan Tran or Takiyah even care about our history where MLK is concerned.

Maybe they don't know our history at all. Who is this woman, Loan Tran, and where does she get off deciding what goes and what stays in a community? This isn't communist Vietnam, you know. We have a process by which we can address our grievances.

link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: dawnstar

but the point I was trying to make was that the problem isn't the statue really, it's the strong emotional attachment that the people have to it, either by hated it, or loving it, and the fact that they seem to prefer to fight over it, even kill over it it seems, than to cede to the other..

Yes. They are called idols. All statues represent them. Including the Statue of Liberty.

for those who are constantly declaring that this nation is a christian nation so insistently, or any christian on either side really, I would urge you to read that bible some and do some soul searching and ask yourselves... what would jesus do? because I really have a feeling that it this isn't it!!!

He would get rid of all the statues, like he did with the money changers in the temple.

So you are stating Jesus would be a culture Nazi?

Seems he was indifferent, give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor. He never preached to get funded and organized by Caesar's (Soro's) money to incite violence with thy neighbors.

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: eletheia

Sure what ever. Are you a white supremacist? A Nazi? Just asking. Otherwise why you guys getting so upset.
These statues represent haters and people who tried to destroy the nation.
What's wrong with just getting rid of all that crap.

Wow, so much silly in your post.

Unreal.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

One-layered thinkers see...well...only one layer. Too much silliness to even address her statement.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Sure what ever. Are you a white supremacist? A Nazi? Just asking. Otherwise why you guys getting so upset.

So you are ok with mobs destroying publicly property if you think it represents haters?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep, this could get seriously ugly.

Nazis v's Social Fascists. Could be bigger than Alien vs. Predator.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That's pretty awesome, good for them.

It's about time monuments to confederacy are taking down...one way or another.

Bravo Patriots....Bravo.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Could you imagine if a group of right wingers pulled down a statue of MLK? Saying all hell would break loose is putting it mildly.

That will literally start civil war.

What's that?

Ain't no moar books or nuthin' about that!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Bravo Patriots....Bravo.

So funny.

One by one, the people that were accusing others of not condemning violence from neo nazis on other threads are here defending mob rule tearing down public property.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So what's the difference between a book that would trigger and anger and offend and a statue that would trigger and offend?

Obviously, nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Given the north's textile industry was fueled by cotton, shouldn't clothes be burned also.

link   

Because it reminds us of what happens to seceding traitors who hate the US, follow failed economic and social models for society, and act out in violence, kinda just exactly like modern day progressives.

Doesn't seem like your side, acting like culture Nazis, wants people to be reminded of history.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Painterz
Seems quite simple to me. People no longer wish to tolerate having to see symbols of slavery that are worshipped by white supremacists and nazis.

How about instead of blaming civil rights people and black folks and liberals and lefties, you try blaming the screaming violent diehard racists and nazis who made these symbols so thoroughly toxic?

And does everyone see this.

Already two posts on this thread justfying this destruction of public property.

These are the same people that will justify censoring any opinion they deem racist.

And as we have already seen on campuses, everything is racsit that doesn't fit their narrative.

It is people like this that will escalate this feud.

I'll justify destroying symbols of hate all day long...should have been done long ago.

And let's be clear...these aren't statues commemorating part of American history...they are symbols of a treasonous group trying to LEAVE our country and not be AMERICAN anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given the north's textile industry was fueled by cotton, shouldn't clothes be burned also.

Only if DB is still wearing them.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Patriots are now fighters of statues?

Oh my, how far this has gone.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Bravo Patriots....Bravo.

Lol, I'm betting that more then half of these so called patriots don't even know about our history.

I think people need to check their feelings at the door when the go out.

Bunch of sissies.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: CynConcepts

As I said to Grambler, I agree that this is not the way to go about removing statues from public places. You'll get no argument from me. Nor would I cry foul if these people faced charges for their deeds.

What I'm not going to do is pretend that every single thing ever made is historically significant. I bet if they were taking that statue down to replace it with a bigger one, a better, flashier, brand new mega-monument with a giant Confederate soldier atop a majestic steed and standing 20' high — nobody that is pretending to be all weepy right now would have anything negative to say.

They wouldn't be asking where the current statue went. If they found out it got chopped up and dropped off at the foundry by some a local junker, they wouldn't be upset in the least. As long as the statue was being replaced with another Confederate statue.

Actually, No, I would find that offensive. The original is historic...a bigger one to replace it in these times would be offensive. That is not what is occurring. I truly believe that there are proper channels within a civilization to make known your grievances without applying chaos, destruction, and violence.

link   

I'll justify destroying symbols of hate all day long...should have been done long ago.

Does that include books? Paintings? Works of art?
edit on 14-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Bravo Patriots....Bravo.

So funny.

One by one, the people that were accusing others of not condemning violence from neo nazis on other threads are here defending mob rule tearing down public property.

Yeah...killing people with cars is a little different than tearing down a statue that is a symbol of hate.

You Right Wingers love talking about the Boston Tea Party...don't you?

Maybe you are upset because you are just on the wrong side of history on this one.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well it wont need to be melted, crumpled on impact, too bad so sad.

& in other good news Texas A&M canceled Dick spencer & his nazi hatefest.
Then just for giggles the hotels in Washington wouldn't rent him a room so he had to do his song & dance at his crappy apt.
Still laughing about that LOL.

Name them & shame them, drive them back into what ever stinking hole they crawled out of.

K~

Holy #.. what a sad sad video with some sad sad individuals. I'm going to assume you had your hands up in celebration watching this and probably imagined yourself kicking the statue too.

edit on 14-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join