It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

Remember it all started with the flag. They said "it's just a flag, we're not trying to erase history". Now they're moving on to monuments. Next it will be books.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I am happy to see the Sheriff department is actually doing their job because its the law, seeing one of the organizers was arrested right after a presser, well that deserves a beer very good timing.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

There is no line.

People stood by and allowed the line to be moved. people were silent thinking it only ..... Well look where the world is now. The old saying "give an inch, they will take a mile".

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: AuranVector

Remember it all started with the flag. They said "it's just a flag, we're not trying to erase history". Now they're moving on to monuments. Next it will be books.

The Confederate Battle Flag was elevated to the State flags of several States in the 1950s to "protest" Civil Rights and segregation.

Come on.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
MLK was against gay marriage. I anticipate the SJW Snowflakes tearing down his statue next. (Sarcasm off)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No they deal with hypocrisy super well, just look how much they love muslims.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

No they deal with hypocrisy super well, just look how much they love muslims.

Liberals are tolerant. As long as you fall lockstep agreeing to 100% of their agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So next, we'll have the Nazi Right Wing (since obviously, the opinions of a few can be generalized to the whole, ref: BLM) marching on every town that doesn't act according to their wishes?

Midnight marches with torches to intimidate good people? What's next, lynchings?

Using cars as weapons of terrorism? What's next, planes into buildings?

The American Right is defending and endorsing Nazi terrorists. What's next, erecting a Statue of Hitler on the Washington Mall?

(Gosh, lookie there ... I can make ridiculous and outlandish accusations too!)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So next, we'll have the Nazi Right Wing (since obviously, the opinions of a few can be generalized to the whole, ref: BLM) marching on every town that doesn't act according to their wishes?

Midnight marches with torches to intimidate good people? What's next, lynchings?

Using cars as weapons of terrorism? What's next, planes into buildings?

The American Right is defending and endorsing Nazi terrorists. What's next, erecting a Statue of Hitler on the Washington Mall?

(Gosh, lookie there ... I can make ridiculous and outlandish accusations too!)

Nobody is erecting statues. The libs are just trying to erase US history. Were some parts bad? Definitely. But it is part of our heritage nonetheless, like it or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Towns are choosing what statues go on their public lands.

Just like the towns chose to put those statues up in the first place.

You seem to be against local determination.

Is your "heritage" threatened by what some folks in another town choose to have in their parks?

Goodness.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why would torches intimidate anyone? They're a source of light. It's not the right wing marching into towns and dictating how things are going to be, it's the left. The left are behaving exactly in the manner which they say they are against. The only people endorsing neo-Nazis are neo-Nazis.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Why would torches intimidate anyone? They're a source of light. It's not the right wing marching into towns and dictating how things are going to be, it's the left. The left are behaving exactly in the manner which they say they are against. The only people endorsing neo-Nazis are neo-Nazis.

A source of light? Right. So are burning crosses by that logic.

You are literally lying. The Unite the RIGHT rally was ostensibly intended to march into Charlottesville and try to dictate to tthe people there (who had chosen to take down the statue of Lee) how things are going to be.

The RIGHT wing, therefore, since mindless generalizations are the order of the day, was carrying Nazi flags alongside the Stars and Bars. Anyone defending this racist garbage is therefore racist garbage ...

... at least, according to your logic?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No, by my logic torches are sources of light. If they didn't have them they'd have less light. I also think it looks quite pretty. I am actually not lying, you're just not very good at recognizing and acknowledging reality. The right wing - actually, the alt-right - would like you and people like you to mind your own business and stop telling everyone how to behave and how to think and have to live. This is traditionally the sort of position from the left wing, but not anymore. The left now behaves the way those they used to fight and protest about did. Most people can see it so I'm curious why you can't.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No, by my logic torches are sources of light. If they didn't have them they'd have less light. I also think it looks quite pretty. I am actually not lying, you're just not very good at recognizing and acknowledging reality. The right wing - actually, the alt-right - would like you and people like you to mind your own business and stop telling everyone how to behave and how to think and have to live. This is traditionally the sort of position from the left wing, but not anymore. The left now behaves the way those they used to fight and protest about did. Most people can see it so I'm curious why you can't.

Fire is fire, right? Fire torch, fire burning cross. Fire good. Basic logic.

Yeah, the screed in your posts is mostly lies. You can deny it and try to insult me all you like.

I haven't told anyone how to behave. Unlike the folks that held a rally in Charlottesville trying to intimidate and threaten the RESIDENTS there into following their demands.

I think you missed out on the sarcasm in my initial post that has triggered you. I'm not surprised; some folks are predisposed to take extremist crap seriously.

Here's the actual facts, ready?

All political violence is wrong. There is no "right" and "left" in this country (or any other).

There are two kinds of people; the ones who want to dictate to others and the ones who don't.

The primary nuts in Charlottesville this weekend (the Nazis, the White Supremacists) were there to proclaim that they are presenting a united front for the right-wing in this country. They believe that President Trump shares their ideals. They believe that this is their time.

They invoked the ideology and symbolism of hatred, violence, and racial prejudice.

If you can't admit that, my friend, then you really are denying reality, no sarcasm intended.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Fire is fire? Wow, you're some sort of genius. I think a tiki torch for ambient and practical light is different to a burning cross on someone's lawn. I understand that you don't, but then you're liberal.

I haven't lied and you'd be able to prove it if I had.

Great that you're clear that you believe all violence is wrong but you seem super concerned with violence from the right and not all that much about the violence from the left.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Fire is fire? Wow, you're some sort of genius. I think a tiki torch for ambient and practical light is different to a burning cross on someone's lawn. I understand that you don't, but then you're liberal.

I haven't lied and you'd be able to prove it if I had.

Great that you're clear that you believe all violence is wrong but you seem super concerned with violence from the right and not all that much about the violence from the left.

Yeah, it's your argument that "fire is fire" chief. Try to pay attention.

I'm liberal? Is that the opposite of the Nazi scumbags that held a failed putsch in Charlottesville?

Damn right then, I'm liberal. Because the world only has two kinds of people and thoughts in it.

Great that you're clear that you believe all violence is wrong but you seem super concerned with violence from the left and not all that much about violence from the right.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

See, here's your mistake - you think there are only two side, two positions to have. Your brains hasn't even the capacity to be able to recognize the monumental shifts which have occurred, let alone acknowledge them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

See, here's your mistake - you think there are only two side, two positions to have. Your brains hasn't even the capacity to be able to recognize the monumental shifts which have occurred, let alone acknowledge them.

LOL ... well, you finally made a correct statement. Partially. Someone's brain here isn't working.

However, contrary to your ... uh ... thoughts, here's what I've said:

Here's the actual facts, ready?

All political violence is wrong. There is no "right" and "left" in this country (or any other).

Now, you keep on talking about the trouble with my brains, K?

Thx.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Bless your heart, I know you think you're right.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join