It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

1st and 3rd verse were "you"
2nd verse was "we"

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why are the changes mostly very small things? Could it be that our memories just suck?

Why would a timeline change create such small differences?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This whole ME effect is BS.

The song started with "we", nothing else.

ME is an excuse for FM.

Forgetful Memory, now em, em, em...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
ME is an excuse for FM.

My excuse for faulty memory is faulty memory. There are some ME:s that disturb me. I wish i could stay away from this subject at hand because it is harmful to my sanity but i think i have developed some kind of an obsession.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
ME is an excuse for FM.

My excuse for faulty memory is faulty memory. There are some ME:s that disturb me. I wish i could stay away from this subject at hand because it is harmful to my sanity but i think i have developed some kind of an obsession.

In total seriousness having a mental breakdown over this is silly. Everyone haves Problems with memory it usually involves the way we recall. Memories are fluid and constantly change as we receive more information . Things we learn later can alter the original memory. For example you see a t shirt that says I can dance someone thinking it's cute to alter the line. Problem is it can alter your actual memory.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I really never paid attention to if it was we or you. Not a good song.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
In total seriousness having a mental breakdown over this is silly. Everyone haves Problems with memory it usually involves the way we recall. Memories are fluid and constantly change as we receive more information . Things we learn later can alter the original memory. For example you see a t shirt that says I can dance someone thinking it's cute to alter the line. Problem is it can alter your actual memory.

Yes. Having a mental breakdown over this is indeed silly. I also had 2 mental breakdowns in the last decade. 1) Thinking i was the reincarnation of Jesus 2) Thinking that the good willing aliens will come with an UFO fleet to take away the good people. Who mean an do no harm to others. That is not silly? I am silly. Look up "silly" in the dictionary and you will probably find my picture.

I like your writings reasoning and logic. I lack those often.

I saw a member here on another thread related to memory or mind or the like, stating that when we remember something, it is not the memory of what actually happened then. It is a memory of the last time we remembered the thing. Could explain severe altering as time goes by.

Nevertheless, when i am really sure something is in a certain way, and then i learn that it is not, is not the most pleasant feeling. I do not feel "special" about this. I am not one of the "chosen" or something. But for me, it was Sex in the city, not Sex and the city. Moonraker blondie had dental braces. And the sun used to be yellow, not white.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

No, I just have working ears.

Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine

It says your friends are no friends of mine. You + me = WE .. not you. The lyrics being you make no sense since the song is talking about both the singer and the person they are talking to from the very beginning.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I'm pretty sure the song has both 'you' and 'we'. They sing you in the second or third verse and we in the others.

It does. It has WE can dance and it has YOU can act real rude.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: eisegesis

The original ats was about conspiracy, and out of the box thinking. Not politics and left and right Bashing.

it also wasn't about moronic nonsense like this.

It has always said "we."
And memory is extremely unreliable. So the fact that large groups of people don't remember something correctly means absolutely nothing, and is to be expected.
But by all means, instead of explaining it with the known and well-established fact that easily explains it (unreliable memory), let's make a bunch of idiotic theories about alternate realities and such. I mean, what fun is the scientific fact that explains it when you can make up silly nonsense, right?
edit on 13-6-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Pearj

Another example of clear reality tampering. How many things can change before the whole world sees it.

lol. and what would the purpose of this be? What is the nefarious scheme that involves switching a word in a lyric to a 30-something year old song by a one-hit wonder? Please explain to me why anybody would do that, what they stand to gain from it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

wow. you.... dont seem very bright. And the fact that you're being so rude, dismissive, and conceited towards people who actually know what they're talking about, as if you're somehow more enlightened because you're completely ignorant of how the human memory works, is extremely obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I think there is some confusion about the ME in this thread. All versions of this song are true but they happened in different realities. Nobody is wrong here. That's the whole point of the ME. At one point in time our timelines/dimensions merged for some unknown reason. People from my reality ended up in your reality but both or mutiple realities still existed. Like i said there is no way to prove the ME's existence because everything is correct and your memories were never altered because of it. Basically it's like the multiverse theory and we have now humans on our earth that come from a different reality or universe. That's why some people are so confused.

If you thought about this ridiculous theory critically for any length of time, and if you had even a bare minimum of scientific knowledge, you would realize that it is completely ridiculous and impossible nonsense. There are a multitude of reasons why it is just completely and utterly ridiculous. Try to use some critical thinking. It's fun, inpromise.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

No it makes sense. He came from a reality where this song's lyrics made no sense, and now that they do make sense, it's clear reality has shifted. I mean what else could explain it .. faulty memory?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Despite what some have said here, I do think millions are Effected. (Consider many naysayers say they remember it the same way we do - but don't believe in themselves.. Others haven't even heard of the ME yet.)

So yeah - millions affected.

How is millions of people remembering the same "incorrect" thing the simplest solution?

Take JFK - I know it was a four seater.. I watched a documentary about the shooting just a month or two before this hit. Tons of other people remember the same thing.. It's not because of the FBI reenactment - the reenactment was an accurate portrayal of that day (including the 4 seater). You don't hear Effected saying it was a 4 seater because all limos are 4 seaters..

So how is "bad memory" the simplest solution when we all remember the same thing wrong?

Bad memory would imply we'd all remember different things.

Why do naysayers keep going down the same road - that doesn't even seem to use their Occam's razor shield?

dude.... seriously. read a freaking book. It happens to mIllinois because literally every person has faulty memory. Many people rememberin the same thing is easily explained by logical, scientific reasons. It's really not hard to understand. at all. maybe you should try actually educating yourself on this stuff.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I mean what else could explain it .. faulty memory?

It's not "faulty" memory.
ME's are a result of our amazing memory that gets tricked occasionally.

Calling it "faulty" memory is equivalent to saying 3D movies work because of "faulty" vision.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Another example of clear reality tampering. How many things can change before the whole world sees it.

Can you explain to me how that works exactly? Reality tampering?
If i understand correctly, the song would have been recorded all those years ago with the words "you can dance if you want to".
But now according to you reality has been tampered with and the lyrics are now "we can dance...."

So either the band made another version with the word "we" instead of "you" and held it back for about 30 years. Then somehow swapped all versions and tampered with people's minds to believe it was always the word "we"???
How did they do all that?

Are the band in on it?
Did they plan this "reality tampering" all those years ago? Why else would they make 2 versions of the song otherwise?

If you can explain it clearly i'd love to hear it coz im stumped on this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'll be honest, part of me think this is complete BS. It's collective memory at fault. And it's only happened in last few years, when social media - and the sharing of media - has reached hitherto unimaginable proportions. We're exposed to massive amounts of information constantly now and it's not unfeasible to believe that this may have effects on our perception of popular and iconic things such as music, film, etc.

There's also the question of 'why?'. Why would the lines of a song be changed, or whatever other example you care to throw into the mix?

But then another part of me does buy that there's something going on. Whilst I can't vouch for some of the examples quoted, I am 100% convinced about Blondie in Moonraker - I was a bit obsessive with 007 as a child and watched that film many many times.

I read a theory that CERN's experiments are causing parallel dimensions - identical to our own but with small changes - to leak into ours, and that's what the Mandela Effect is caused by. Probably BS, but would make a good Sci Fi story.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I mean what else could explain it .. faulty memory?

It's not "faulty" memory.
ME's are a result of our amazing memory that gets tricked occasionally.

Calling it "faulty" memory is equivalent to saying 3D movies work because of "faulty" vision.

The two are not alike at all. One is due to an error, the other is not.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Jeez, who took a piss in your cornflakes this morning? You are from the old timeline, stay there.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join