It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Pearj

We can dance if we want to
We've got all your life and mine

OK, and contextually WE makes sense here when saying "all your life and mine" when talking about two people, which is what the whole song is talking about it ,would be WE not You. I seriously can't believe Mandela Effect is a thing people believe.

I like this person's perspective.

Lucy Plasencia • 5 months ago
quantum physics demonstrates that all possible realities exist and do so simultaneously. The feeling of time passing is an illusion and the more approximate illustration is that we are quantum shifting from still moment to still moment, giving the illusion of movement, when in reality there is no past or future, there is only now - and past, present, and futures are tied together by coherence of sub atomic particles that act more like strings. What ever all that means!

www.geek.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I grew up in the '80s, was in my 20s, it always was "we". Sorry to put a damper on this.

How often do i have to repeat myself? We're all correct. There is no right or wrong when it comes to the ME.

No one is listening because they are incapable of thinking that way. Too many people think we live in a place where everything is just as it seems to them. If anyone would start reading about the things science is finding as far as reality maybe they could consider it.
edit on 17-6-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
Look, people that believe in this interdimensional ME stuff are, to me, no different than religious people. I wish , more than anyone , that there was more to our existence than there is, but there is not and the sooner you accept that the better.

What is true for a particle is true for all things made up of these particles. You for instance. Life is not simple it only seems that way.

Quantum indeterminacy is the unavoidable fact that not all quantities can simultaneously have determinate values. For example, if an electron has a location, then it simply has no speed – it is neither at rest, nor is it moving slowly, nor is it moving quickly. There simply is no fact of the matter about its state of motion. Similarly, if an electron is in a definite state of motion, then it’s not in any particular place – not here, nor there, nor anywhere.

Let’s be completely clear about what we’re saying here. We are not just saying that if you know the position of the electron, then you don’t know whether or not it’s moving. We’re saying that if the electron has some position, then it does not have any state of motion. What could this possibly mean? Nobody is quite sure.

But the story gets more interesting. Whenever a conscious observer tries to determine the position of the electron, she will always finds that it does indeed have a position. Similarly, whenever a conscious observer tries to determine the state of motion of an electron, she will always find that it does indeed have some particular state of motion.

www.bigquestionsonline.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JustWonderingAlong

I always go to the home page of the product and after check their history and logo changes to be sure it is not just a name change.
www.frootloops.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: consigliere
a reply to: Finspiracy

The fact you question your sanity means your just fine fin.

Thank you for encouragement. I also add that i like your signature.

Two things i would really like to know about Mandela effect:

1. What causes it?
2. Why it doesn't have influence on everyone?

But i am still thankful it is only minor details that change. Stuff in pop culture, maybe a line in song lyrics or something. It can be disturbing and it can haunt me in my head quite a bit if i think about it too much. But it is not like my mom is a completely different person or my social security number has suddenly changed.

Let's examine that a moment. OK if you believe in say parallel universes why is it say only one word changed?? We have two writers on two different worlds create a song but only change one word?? Does that even make sense since a parallel world to make the same song means that the writer had the same influences in both places.

Next if parallel world's exist which I believe they do but the distances involved would be mind boggling. How can someone transport billion's of light years without noticing.

And finally why does this never happen to a scientist were say a new experiment in physics occurred. Or a doctor to notice an anatomy change. Or a pilot as the controls change. Oddly it never effects things people know like there job.

How many professionals would want to say they experiences changes until science has opened the door? They would get the same as people starting threads here.When more is known we will get more information, at this point it is clear anything can be possible!

Many of the current theories say there would be identical us in the identical earth with some having very small changes.

The different universes could actually be close...touching or even occupy the same space at a different vibration.
www.space.com...

Though the concept may stretch credulity, there's good physics behind it. And there's not just one way to get to a multiverse — numerous physics theories independently point to such a conclusion. In fact, some experts think the existence of hidden universes is more likely than not.

Space-time may stretch out to infinity. If so, then everything in our universe is bound to repeat at some point, creating a patchwork quilt of infinite universes.
Credit: Shutterstock/R.T.Wohlstadter

3. Parallel Universes
Another idea that arises from string theory is the notion of "braneworlds" — parallel universes that hover just out of reach of our own, proposed by Princeton University's Paul Steinhardt and Neil Turok of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario, Canada. The idea comes from the possibility of many more dimensions to our world than the three of space and one of time that we know. In addition to our own three-dimensional "brane" of space, other three-dimensional branes may float in a higher-dimensional space.

The superpositions of different universes all coexist simultaneously in the same infinite-dimensional Hilbert space. These separate, coexisting universes interfere with each other, yielding the bizarre quantum behaviors.

www.dummies.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: fleabit Depend vs. Depends for example.

What's the controversy here?

For that one in particular? Many say they recall it as Depends, but it just Depend. But honestly aside from jokes about adult diapers, how often do people actually interact with the word? So that is almost certainly just a mistake, not an ME.

Dilemna (dillema) and Caldwell (Coldwell) however.. are very strange to me.

People who have had to nurse a dying Family member through illness. I remember it as Depends.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: norhoc

The Mandela Effect doesn't affect only America - and doesn't affect only "mundane" things.

In fact it seems to only affects things that are very very popular.

Just sayin'.

So I think what you just said goes a long way towards it just being false memories. Only very very popular things, so things exposed to the most people and thus MORE noticeable when a small percentage says, I thought it was this or I thought it was that.

Now I have no way to prove it one way or the other, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am of the mind it's just false memories. I do however like reading the ME threads because it usually takes me for a stroll down memory lane.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Best music video ever. Hands down.

As for the lyrics, always recall hearing "we", not "you". "We can", "your friends", etc. Seems likely people just recall it the wrong way. Happens in music quite a lot! Sometimes, you can show someone official lyrics, and they will still insist the song says something else.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: dragonridr

His eyes were described as brown in our german history books. They never ever mentioned blue eyes in any one of them.

Exactly. In fact, his brown eyes and hair were discussed, back when I was in school, as interesting, because he did not himself fit his image of the "perfect aryan". Why anyone would think they were blue, I can't imagine.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I miss the 80's.

Ditto!!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: Josephus

Not all those that wander are lost.

What?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

From Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been posted but one of the easiest ways to get a virus is from websites based on song lyrics.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i still would like to see a picture of an old reba macentyre album to see how she spelled her name.
or a picture of an old berenstein bears book to see how it was spelled.

Now this is annoying.....

Guess which one of my CDs I discovered is missing? Not even loaded into the computers (plural) anymore, either!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

i still would like to see a picture of an old reba macentyre album to see how she spelled her name.

Guess which one of my CDs I discovered is missing? Not even loaded into the computers (plural) anymore, either!!

seems as though mandela took your CDs along with everyone's memory.

:-)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

seems as though mandela took your CDs along with everyone's memory.

:-)

The CD and a book, apparently!! very, very odd, that. I know I had both. I could see files vanishing from the computer; it happens sometimes with Windows, but a book, and a CD? The same book that would prove a scene was stolen?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ok soemthing really weird happened to me and my gf a the weekend, my friend was over and we were sitting talking and my gf asked him about the safety dance and what the lyrics were, he didnt know , but anyways we were watching Snoop Dogg , GGN and we were in the middle of telling him about the mandela affect and the safety dance and I # you not the text " SAFETY DANCE " flashed up like an advertisement on the screen , it was text with hazard sign edges , yellow and black banding , then sort of walkway metal hatching like an industrial sign.

It was the weirdest # ive seen in a while , we couldnt explain it, so #ing weird.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We've been noticing a ton of synchronicity like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze

originally posted by: blackadder01

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I miss the 80's.

The 80s were good weren't they, I miss that era too.

70's and 80's were the best times to be a kid. Everyone still played outside and technology was starting to come around like the arcade and portable music players. Computers were still for scientists and accountants.

They were indeed good times to be an adult too. Sure beat the 1940's as a kid. No television, no color, and no crazy hippies getting high on your front lawn every Friday.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join