It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I've followed along with the ME since it's inception years ago and usually I'm with the "I was in this universe all along" point of view, as in the locations on the map are exactly as I remember decades ago, the spelling of words like dilemma are exactly as I originally learned them, etc.

But when it comes to these popular quotes and songs - I really don't have memories of them either way. For example I only saw Star Wars' original films once as a kid, so I really couldn't tell you what color C3P0's leg was nor do I remember exactly how Vader explained he was Luke's father.

The celebrities name's spellings being different than typically cited I did find interesting because I was generally referring to them as the mistaken misspellings, though I couldn't tell you if the girl (Dolly) that smiled at Jaws had braces or not I only saw Moonraker like once and didn't pay attention.

In terms of anatomy issues, I do think that aspect of this is rather bizarre but although I did study it in school I gotta admit I didn't commit it to photographic memory and so I just simply cannot recall. I was just a kid trying to pass school and though I was a high achiever I never had any desire to become a doctor so it was very low on my list of interests aside of general knowledge.

That's why I say "I don't know either way", because I really don't. I'm one of the few people you'll run into these days that is certain that I don't have enough exact knowledge to make that determination for sure. There's simply too much I don't know and so I am acutely aware of my lack of certainty.

I do find the whole topic somewhat interesting, but I also find a lot of foolishness going on within it (and I get some big laughs out of a few characters and their antics in relation to this). In the end though I simply dunno either way.

I admit I'm very reluctant to apply Occam's Razor to this for two reasons however:
1) Simplicity isn't always a good criteria to apply to determining veracity of a claim.
2) Who decides simplicity? It's far more subjective than most people realize.

I say that from experience because I've been burnt several times before by applying what I thought was the most simple explanation only to find out my point of view was bias and skewed, and that I lacked critical data from my perspective...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think you (and others) will really appreciate this, at first I thought "Bill" was really serious but after watching a few videos I sorta think he's being comical on purpose.

He's actually totally hilarious. His tone of speech, his manner of saying things certain ways, the whole presentation just makes me burst out laughing multiple times. It's totally ridiculous half the time (and I'm thinking Bill makes sure to present it that way).

Anyways, this was the first video of his that I saw:

This guy's a real trip.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Alright, this is the reason I know the "new" or "wrong" version of the lyrics... homer simpson safety dance

No ME for me on this one!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: tebyen

Say what you want. You're entitled to your opinion, and that doesn't make you right.

That's what people say when they have nothing to say or no facts to back up what they're trying to defend. Denying ignorance leads me to entertain (for the moment), an explanation that has been PROVEN to be true (faulty memory), rather than an alleged phenomenon that sneakily changes the lyrics of a song, the script of a movie or the title of a book.

Im so sick of saying this but I wrote a paper back in 2003 at university that predicted this exact phenomenon, well, I had no clue people would take it to such a ridiculous level of insanity but I talked about the many different reasons people would remember stuff differently.

Problem is ME people want to believe it so bad that you can give them the exact reasoning behind their mistake but they will ignore it entirely and instead stick with the world being hijacked and all that we have as evidence are random unimportant trivial tidbits. I mean, this song doesn't even make sense if you flip flop between we and you.

Why just yesterday I was explaining to hundreds if youtubers why snow white "changed," to, "magic mirror on the wall." every ME has a different explanation but they make absolute sense if you just cool your horses and think, This example is because Disney's Snow White was not initially available on home library so people either saw it during its initial release in theaters in the 50s or in the 80s during re release. And even if you LOVED it I bet nobody saw it more than maybe 3 times while it played in theaters.

So obviously, the issue here is that peoples memories of Snow White don't come from here but from the Brothers Grimm version which we have all heard a hundred times in our lives, which was the version used in countless remakes, live action movies. Was parodied a million times, etc, And what do u know, the Grimm version is, "Mirror mirror on the wall," and the Disney one that most people have seen once or twice in comparison ALWAYS said, "magic mirror," Now, is my explanation good or is it more believable someone has a magic machine to control multiverse spelling, movie quotes, and lyrics? It sounds like a plan to destroy the planet from professor chaos and general disarray. Remember? Like last plan they had to bring down civilization was to remove all the cherries from chocolate covered cherries and replace then with. "Yucky, sticky mayonnaise! Hey, its all sticky!" This must be his new diabolical plan.
edit on 6/13/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I believe one verse is "you" and another is "we". I heard this on the radio the other day. Both are said. Or I'm hearing things that aren't there. Just my two cents...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My personal belief is it's real, but paradoxes prevent it's publicized discovery. A butterfly effect allows you to view anomalies around the edges, but if you come too close you lose interest all together inherently. Basically if the Universe did readjust, so would you, so PERFECT discovery cannot exist without recreating the second reality that 'merged'. When a reality merges, it's not a 'combination'. A dominant reality is taking over. It's not natural to attempt to pry back into the previous one.

Also people remember things wrong too.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think it has always said "we", it's just that when you say it fast, and throw music on top of that, along with the english accent...."we" can actually sound like "you" the way it's used in that context. In the song, if you really liste...it can sound like both. Trick of the ears.
edit on 13-6-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have working ears as well, and I will say it again, I have listened to this song multiple times a year for DECADES and 80's pop is one of my favorite genres. The song always said "you", even when I listened to it at work about a month ago. The radio station I listen to on a daily basis plays the song a lot. I have listened to the song many times on Pandora, Youtube, and also have heard it in the movie Bio-Dome, (which I watched dozens of times when I was younger.)

I am in no way saying that you are wrong, but I am saying that I haven't remembered this incorrectly. I have always leaned toward the Mandela Effect as something fun to play around about, but assumed it was just a lapse in collective memories. I can easily write off Berenstain, the Monopoly Monocle, and even the death of Mandela, but this one I cannot explain.

As far as the ridiculousness of reality tampering is concerned, are you aware of something referred to as the "butterfly effect?" If you want to alter timelines, then subtle changes are the most LOGICAL way of doing so.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Glad this reached someone.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I specifically remember the song having both "We" and "You".

The Chorus has always been "We can Dance", specifically that phrase(Heard at 0:29, repeatedly at 1:05)

But I remember the verses starting with "You" but that seems to be gone.

Also, one line still says "You"

"We can Act if we want to- If we don't nobody will-
and You can act real rude and totally removed- and I can Act like an imbecile."

The verses, I remember with You, not We. The very first one in the song was uncanny.

"You can Dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind-
'Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well their no friends of mine."

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I think there is some confusion about the ME in this thread. All versions of this song are true but they happened in different realities. Nobody is wrong here. That's the whole point of the ME. At one point in time our timelines/dimensions merged for some unknown reason. People from my reality ended .up in your reality but both or mutiple realities still existed. Like i said there is no way to prove the ME's existence because everything is correct and your memories were never altered because of it. Basically it's like the multiverse theory and we have now humans on our earth that come from a different reality or universe. That's why some people are so confused.

Now look what you've done! There are many people here that can't conceive of a multiverse. To them, WE are it and to claim otherwise you'd better come up with some intense equations that prove your statement. We can't have these unproven theories out there. Why, who knows whose paradigm you'll upset or who you will dislodge from their stale, stiff and 2 dimensional thinking!? It's practically like saying humans can withstand moving faster than 35 mph. We all know that can't be done. Oh, wait. Science was wrong about that too...hmmmm...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

It has ALWAYS been YOU can dance if YOU want to.... i even asked my wife who is a HUGE 80s music fan and could probably have won stump the booey on Sterns radio show, and she even said its always been YOU. I absolutely believe in the Mandella effect because i vividly remember him dying in the 80s as a kid in school. It was news then im school just like the shuttle explosiom. It was a big deal. Also it was ALWAYS Berenstein Bears... This topic fascinates me because more and more things are starting to pop up that are different. New Zealand was one. As a kid in school we studdied Australia for like a month. Watched films on the culture and life there and even had to make a map of Australia showing the placement of New Zealand off to the upper left side... Now right side???? I dont understand the reason for all these little things being different other than exactly what that film said. Something happenes in the future and our time line was altered maybe for the better of humanity but we are seeing the effects of it. I have no other theory that fits but yes things have definitely changed!

Side note: i was skimming through these responses and someone mentioned jfk's car being 2 vs 4 seater? I didnt read the specifics BUT i did a huge presentation on JFK in school and watched the zepruder (sp?) Film more times than i could count and it was a 4 seater 4 door car. I remember because someone literally had to jump in the back seat to hold Jackie down from her flipping out... not sure if that changed???

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Awesome, and I know someone who can the say the exact same thing for Smashing Pumpkins and they thought the lyrics were "I am still just ready to cage". I corrected them and they went on and on about how they are positive and have the album and listen to it all the time. Then we looked it up, and I was right, it was "I am still just a rat in a cage". They were so positive, one of their favorite songs from their all time favorite band. They, like you, were wrong.

Your arguments are weak and build completely on logical fallacies. The lyrics you claim are correct do not even make sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Weak trolling bro. Take it to youtube or 4chan if you just want to argue. You have done nothing but clutter this thread with ignorance. We are now 10 pages in and most people are going to miss some really great reading because you want to bicker and call everyone wrong on a subject that literally can't be proven as such.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
False. I have not done so once. In fact it is YOU and the other ME people doing exactly that. I have given actual explanations and causes for the things people claim must be ME.

The response by your side is 'WRONG, I am right! Trust me!".

So trust my provable explanations .. or your unprovable alternatives, hard decision.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hmm.

I seem to remember both.

The song said both " we" and "you"

I seemed to have committed something "false" to memory by remembering that the song oddly transitioned between both words.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry but that's not so easy as it sound. I'm german and we discussed world wars and Hitler like no tomorrow. History class practically evolved around him and the two world wars in every new school year. It was drilled in our memory and i can state for a fact that Hitler never had blue eyes. He wanted the aryan race to have blue eyes because of his brown eyes and his austrian heritage. I wrote whole history essays about this sh!t and that was in the 90's.

Just as another German, I will say that this is exactly what I learned. Hitler had dark hair and brown eyes, which made it a joke that he wanted blue eyed, blond people to be 'bred'. I also remember pictures of him with dark[er] eyes.
People from other countries don't appreciate how much we get this stuff shoved down our throats.
I missed the post that said what colour eyes he has now. Without checking, I can right now say they were brown. Gonna check now...

Whoa, not kidding, he has now got blue eyes!
This is literally a 'live' ME happening here. No way did he have blue eyes, s4it.

Thanks for that. i am officially gobsmacked.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I always thought the lyrics were " you can dance if you want to , we can leave your friends behind"

me and my girlfriend play this song every couple of weeks and its always been you can dance if you want to , we can leave your friends behind.

Well I have tweeted Ivan Doroschuk , who was the original song writer to confirm the lyrics

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It's tolling because they keep coming back with borderline rude responses, though they've already stated their stance more than once in the same thread.

It's that way in every ME thread which makes it suspicious to me. It's like they have to have "one bad memory argument per page". I think their goal is to catch those that are prone to going with the flow (or afraid of ridicule) to bend away from the ME.

After a while you learn to ignore them...

...and your focus goes back to those that can be reached.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That's two German folks that went to German schools confirming the Hitler ME.

You should make a thread - not kidding.

Not only does it show it's not only the US that's affected - but confirms the same thing we were taught in school.. Hitler had brown hair and eyes which was an awful irony to his goal.

Now his eyes are blue. Total bs.

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join