It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: eisegesis

Get back to me when they do a study on memory that shows that after hearing something and repeating it hundreds of times it's them remembered wrongly.

Because I'm sorry to say that hasn't been proven to happen

Jaden

Exactly. I heard the song dozens of times growing up in the 80s and it was always "WE" Can Dance if "WE" Want To, Thanks for making my point.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's a song from 1986 that is clearly sampling from "The Safety Dance" titled "You can dance (if you want to).

Thought that was interesting but the artist probably changed it to avoid a copyright dispute. I remembered it as "You" but I've probably only heard the song a couple of times back when MTV actually played music videos. Also "we" does make more sense in context.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Not all those that wander are lost.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

The first verse starts, "You can dance if you want to.." so take it as you will. The chorus goes to "we" but then again I say it is "Berenstein" Bears. So what the heck do I know...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why is this in Skunkworks??

Here's the thing....even if the ME is not the phenomenon the "affected" think it is, it's still a phenomenon none-the-less.
Confabulation?
Is that not a phenomenon in itself? 100's of 1000s of people mis-remembering the same things? Globally?
Utterly fantastic! It needs to be looked into in a scientific way.....if.....its Confabulation
However, I believe it to be real. ME's are just our way of validating something is different. Granted, there's alot of BS ME's and ME channels out there. Opportunist's and profiteers galore, no doubt. Tons of disinfo and disrespect.
This began a year ago for me and there are plenty of MEs that have affected me. Honestly my memory isn't perfect, but some things you just dont forget, the impact was that great.
Parallel universes? Scientist say it is not only mathematically probably, but the D Wave professes to extract resources from said universes.
Matrix? There is more emptiness than there is matter. We are "pixelated", atomically speaking. Elon Musk has said (amongst others) some really thought provoking things on the subject.
Anyway, what I'm saying is, life is not the traditional model we once knew. It's far more complex than we thought.
The ME is as real to those who feel it, as the memories are to those who do not. Things are different for us whether it's faulty memory, Cern, D Wave, the Rapture or alien abduction, so have a little more compassion for your fellow humans
And for my ME people out there.....it's still going lol

Thanks for the rant time

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I miss the 80's.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Maybe this is why some people remember it as "you can dance"...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I'm finding this phenomenon interesting . In my younger days most of us were oblivious to this sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I miss the 80's.

The 80s were good weren't they, I miss that era too.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Thanks but i don't see a reason why we can't at least discuss the ME in a civil manner. It's fascinating stuff and well we are on ATS after all.

Yes. I totally agree with your statement. Although these days i try to maintain a distance to ME conversation because my mind is even weaker now than usual and i can't take the ridicule and the name-calling. Just can't.

I am also calling for a civil mannered conversation about this. It used to be for me, as you said, "fascinating stuff" but now it has really started to take me over and question do i have any sanity left within.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

The fact you question your sanity means your just fine fin.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: consigliere

Thank you for encouragement. I also add that i like your signature.

Two things i would really like to know about Mandela effect:

1. What causes it?
2. Why it doesn't have influence on everyone?

But i am still thankful it is only minor details that change. Stuff in pop culture, maybe a line in song lyrics or something. It can be disturbing and it can haunt me in my head quite a bit if i think about it too much. But it is not like my mom is a completely different person or my social security number has suddenly changed.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Great song I always liked this one!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: consigliere

Two things i would really like to know about Mandela effect:

1. What causes it?

Faulty human memory.

2. Why it doesn't have influence on everyone?

Because a lot of people recognize that their memory is faulty and don't look for crazy theories to explain the inconsistencies.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yep that is very logical and i certainly can't disprove you in any form. I do have a faulty memory. Forgetting stuff all the time. But there are some things you just "know by gut" and when they change it bothers me. And i did not look for this crazy theory, it looked for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

But there are some things you just "know by gut" and when they change it bothers me.

This happens to everyone on occasion, and sure, it can feel a little unsettling, but it can still be easily attributed to our imperfect memories; No silly scifi explanations needed.

edit on 6/12/2017 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is my first time posting ever !
I have been lurking quietly since around 2007. Never thought I'd be brave enough to post on ATS. This is mainly due to what I learned here about the NSA and other frightening topics you guys love. Plus if you total all the I.Q. here and compare it to the aggression

I had to share this but it's mostly to record it for future me. I have become a Froot Loop (I've always called crazy people froot loops). I have watched the arguments about MEs, which I found myself usually siding with remembering what other claimed was remembering incorrectly. I gave into the logic proposed, close sounding words, confusing lyrics, alternative performances, group reinforced mistakes, etc.. It makes sense, other explanations don't.

I stayed a witness denier since this first caught my attention years ago. Until Froot Loops. I was sure it was Froot Loops, I used it in a collage for school and distinctly remember two loops in froot and two loops in loops. BUT the arguement here on ATS claimed it was "Fruit" Loops. Same crap on youtube it was saying fruit. Google image search FRUIT again. All but one video brought up here on ATS, much later. It was a video of a man picking up FROOT loops off the shelf.

This stuck with me for a year, the idea I might not be losing my memory but I was still half skeptic. Now just yesterday, while trying to show someone the madela effect about the Loops, It was still Fruit, he seen it and it was the whole point of my argument. He claimed, yeah its always been fruit. So I went in search of the video being spelled Froot. Could not find it.

Then the most disturbing thing EVER happened...... Suddenly as I was staring at the many boxes on google image search...... I only blinked and they changed to all FROOT! Which I screamed at my friend LOOK! He looked at me funny and said, what am I looking at. He had not remembered any of what we where doing i guess. I said I was trying to explain the mandela effect and it changed just now. He laughed so hard at me, saying you mean that stupid mandela BS that has been going around for years. Shocked, I said just earlier you had never heard of it........... More conversation pursued but its not worth writing here.

Upon looking into loops flipping from Froot to Fruit and back to Froot, I found I was not the only one. It seems a large number of you switched from where i was (Froot to Fruit) to here (Froot to Fruit to Froot) about a year ago.

So fellow Froot Re-Loopers, other than the black tom explosion (not in any other realities I've been in), what is different here?
edit on 12-6-2017 by JustWonderingAlong because: Small change

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Never liked this song to begin with..like it even less now.

Some memories cannot be trusted..especially trivial crap.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I agree........Didnt like this song either.

Right up there with, "Come on IRENE", By the Dyslexic Midnight Wallys. (well the Japanese version anyway)

Ahhh that Memory Effect.....must be my Memory glands playing up again....

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JustWonderingAlong

Welcome Pleb.

Yes the IQ is high here..... 1 x 0 x 0 x 0 x 0 etc ad infinitum = 1 followed by lot of Zeros......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join