It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

There is (was) both "You" and "We".

The first verse was "You can dance if you want to - you can leave your friends behind." In this lyric, "you" changed to "we".

Later in the song he sings "We can go where we want to - a place where they will never find" - which hasn't changed.

Edit to add:

You say you remember both - that's not uncommon. It's a phenomenon many of us with ME have experienced: "Dual Memory". It's a weird feeling; like a short-circut somehow, having competing valid memories of the same event. Very strange feeling.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Pearj because: he had more to say.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
what? Hitler never had blue eyes...when did this start?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

So how is "bad memory" the simplest solution when we all remember the same thing wrong?

Why ask this?

Its been answered why and how large groups of people can remember something the same way and that being incorrect.

In past threads members have linked to studies about human psychology and how the memory is easily manipulated.

Bad memory would imply we'd all remember different things.

lets take a look at what you wrote earlier in another post on page 2 which easily explains why many remember things being wrong the same way instead of different ways.

For those saying why does it only affect mundane things, the counter point is that it seems to affect popular culture and iconic things.

for instance, the Star wars line that's debated.

A valid reason for so many remembering wrong and thinking its Luke instead of NO is simply because like you say, its iconic and popular, Merchandising is the most likely initial cause for the incorrect memories.

In fact it seems to only affects things that are very very popular.

So, why would bad memory imply that according to you millions would remember differently because what they are remembering is so popular?

Wouldn't it be logical that if one was to mistake or remember something wrong about something so popular, its highly likely that it would be remembered wrong the same way by another?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

I believe you may have a reading comprehension problem. This isn't some song I last heard 20 years ago. This is a song I have heard several times a year for decades, as I have already stated. I have not been a proponent of this particular theory, but it is very plausible in my mind now. My entire life has revolved around music, and 80's pop has always been a favorite.

Read the thread, read posts that explain what the band is singing about.

It seems your whole life revolving around 80 pop music has been on incorrect beliefs and memories.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

originally posted by: eisegesis

Does anyone else remember the lyrics starting "You can dance if you want to"?

NO.

Does anyone else remember when ATS catered to intellectuals?

NO I DON'T... BUT I REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL KEPT A OPEN MIND ABOUT STUFF!!!

Please STFU or GTFO. i'm on the fence about this crap myself, leaning heavilty towards it being B/S. but bozo's like you who come here to make themselves feel superior by shouting it down aren't help a damn thing.

you're the only one shouting

so using your words please

STFU

edit on 14-6-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

.... Yes you are correct there are both You and We ... Trust me I have sang and played in bar bands since the 80's and probably have about 500 songs stored up in my head :-)

FenderTwinReverb

edit on 14-6-2017 by FenderTwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FenderTwin

Hey, that's cool.. I play too - used to have a fender twin 12 lol

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I wasn't going to chime in because i thought "it's both, you dolt. get a grip." BUT I have it on my iPod as part of an 80s playlist that I made when I started cleaning houses years ago. as I listened I kept waiting for "you", but they never said it. i'm actually sitting here in a bit of a stun...because...well...it's "we" the whole time.
it blows my mind because I remember it as "we" for the first verse then "you" for the second verse. I've even said to people that piss me off "you can leave your friends behind" as a passive aggressive remark.
I don't often eat crow, but when I do I eat it with a side of "whoa dude" pie.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

I know it pulls some out of their comfort zone - it's beyond weird; I know - but it's more important to be informed so you can make your own mind up.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: deadlyhope

There is (was) both "You" and "We".

The first verse was "You can dance if you want to - you can leave your friends behind." In this lyric, "you" changed to "we".

Later in the song he sings "We can go where we want to - a place where they will never find" - which hasn't changed.

Edit to add:

You say you remember both - that's not uncommon. It's a phenomenon many of us with ME have experienced: "Dual Memory". It's a weird feeling; like a short-circut somehow, having competing valid memories of the same event. Very strange feeling.

I've got the 7 inch original recording, or at least the original UK release. It starts with 'we'. The fact you think differently isn't here or there. There may be covers/live versions/later re-releases by the original band where 'we' is changed to 'you', there may be not.

I'm not going by memory, I'm going by actually listening to the original release.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Right!

You may be missing some background on how the Mandela Effect works? Your original release should say "we".

Maybe your point is "it doesn't matter" - but it matters to some of us..

Your point could be "real wins" - but the ME topic isn't about winning.

Maybe you're just saying "I can confirm the original says 'we"" - but you didn't need to dig the recording out - we could of told you it said "we".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
you are quite right. i havent bothered digging out my old recordings because im sure they will say "we"
but..it doesnt change the fact it used to be "you". its still very clear in my head.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Right!

You may be missing some background on how the Mandela Effect works? Your original release should say "we".

Maybe your point is "it doesn't matter" - but it matters to some of us..

Your point could be "real wins" - but the ME topic isn't about winning.

Maybe you're just saying "I can confirm the original says 'we"" - but you didn't need to dig the recording out - we could of told you it said "we".

The Mandela Effect doesn't 'work', you think in this case the word was 'you', it isn't, it's 'we'. Rather than admit you are just plain wrong, it's got to be something darker and more mysterious. There is nothing about winning, it's about people not being able to accept they got it wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If you say so lol

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Does anyone else remember the lyrics starting "You can dance if you want to"?

NO.

Does anyone else remember when ATS catered to intellectuals?

Even if this was true, what are the implications of such a phenomenon when it appears to only affect the trivial and mundane? Why aren't people discovering that there is more money in their bank accounts than what they last remembered?

I would think multiple people being alive when they should be dead is big enough.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

But now I'm just questioning my sanity because I remember it as "you". But you're right, "we" fits the point of the song and makes more sense.

It said we but at one point it turns it to You purposely using the direct so it said both.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i still would like to see a picture of an old reba macentyre album to see how she spelled her name.
or a picture of an old berenstein bears book to see how it was spelled.

It is likely that the history is the same here but somewhere else we remember Reba McEntyre
I don't know why sometimes old adds and such show the words and names we remember.
mandelaeffectproof.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I remember it as "we", does that mean I'm not part of the old timeline?

It could mean all kinds of things, perhaps some of us have merged slightly with our other selves in alternate realities.

People songs don't have to "make sense" and often don't so that is a pointless argument.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

All these "Mandela Effects" are nothing more than faulty memory, it is not some grand interdimensional weaving . I honestly can't believe this is even a thing. It was someone having a faulty memory of something then posting it and at that point group think and mass hysteria kicks in .

Poor Micky he has buttons for his suspenders but never had any!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: subfab

i still would like to see a picture of an old reba macentyre album to see how she spelled her name.
or a picture of an old berenstein bears book to see how it was spelled.

It is likely that the history is the same here but somewhere else we remember Reba McEntyre
I don't know why sometimes old adds and such show the words and names we remember.
mandelaeffectproof.blogspot.com...

that's a darn great find!!
thank you for posting this.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join