It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Muslims celebrating the attack.

here

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Apologies then. When you say cleaning your weapons of self defence and looking alertly over the fields - doesn't exactly scream cleaning my motorbike does it

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Lol, I know, I called him a prick earlier, a childlike insult was the most I felt he deserved.
...enjoy this post while it lasts lol

Ummm...I know...right...?

You really smoked my feelings with that one...I bow to your obvious superiority and intellect...

You Sir...are definitely a fine upstanding denizen of that quaint little isle...I must say however...the fish and chips thing was simply brilliant...who would have thought...both fish...and chips...very Gorden Ramsian of you old bean...

Toodloo...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Arming yourself is not the solution to the problem.

I have always carried a legal blade, lots of people in the UK do, handy as a cutting tool.
A firesteel is attached to it's hilt, handy if I need to start a fire.

If I have to use a tool as an incidental weapon then I will, same if it's a bedside lamp or a pint glass.
Weapons are useful when defending yourself, incidental weapons of course.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Arming yourself is not the solution to the problem.

I have always carried a legal blade, lots of people in the UK do, handy as a cutting tool.
A firesteel is attached to it's hilt, handy if I need to start a fire.

If I have to use a tool as an incidental weapon then I will, same if it's a bedside lamp or a pint glass.
Weapons are useful when defending yourself, incidental weapons of course.

I am talking about guns

link   
a reply to: YouSir

Lol, I haven't had fish n chips from the local chippy for a while, you've made me want it now but I can't be arsed walking down the hill.

link   
I never understood why the terrorists spent so much time learning tactics and plotting attacks that would just get foiled, when all they had to do was drive a random vehicle into a crowd of people. I don't know how you stop that. That's truly terrifying. Looks like they finally figured it out. Now it's our move, but I don't know what we can do about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
LONDON TERROR: SHOCKING GLADIO B ATTACK EXPOSED

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I bet I could pull my blade quicker than you pull your concealed carry.
You have advantage outside of close quarters is all.
Snipe attacks we're both vulnerable, gun, knife, or bedside lamp lol

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

If you're referring to those videos that somehow just "show up" at television studios??

Pure propaganda. Though I'm sure it does serve a purpose...indoctrination, if nothing else. But mostly just for show. Show their resolve, their skill at leaping through windows, etc...

Watch a North Korean video showing their military "training"...it's all show. We're big, we're bad, and like big, bad wolf, we'll eat you all up if you mess with us.

Or something like that.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Which I think was the entire idea. We're all in this together. Or so I surmise.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It'd be a race...

Which is why I also carry a folder, just a little 3" blade, but it's a whole lot better than nothin'. But I actively try to avoid getting into situations where that knife, or my concealed, might be necessary. That sort of stuff is hard on my aching knees...

I've been called paranoid for carrying two weapons...until someone needs some tape cut, then I'm their favorite. Still paranoid maybe, but useful

edit on 6/4/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Absolutely agreed.
I stabbed a burglar with a kitchen knife when I was 17, # scared, didn't know how many were in the house.
Turned out only him so I called 999 and tended his wound as the knife was still through his shoulder area.
I didn't get in trouble when the police arrived, they accepted my reasonable force and I wasn't charged with anything.
I really really really wouldn't want to face the option of stabbing anyone ever again, it was pretty horrible.

*Edit*
But I would again in a heartbeat if it was reasonable force in the circumstances defending myself.
Even if it's the bedside lamp and not a blade.

edit on 4.6.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Exactly. The media fearmongers and makes people think that having armed citizens results in a wild west mentality and innocent bystanders being shot. This is in fact false, and I challenge anyone to find enough instances of this happening to demonstrate a trend. Meanwhile, armed US citizens stopping crimes is much more common than the media reports And before anyone cries about the source, yes it is a real study, and it was really commissioned by the CDC. Just because you don't like the article doesn't mean the study wasn't legit.

That report itself is flawed and says that more research is needed, on a number of levels. It says in the actual study that there's dispute on the actual number of defensive uses of guns. But gun nuts just read the headline and don't bother to actually read the study.

Not to mention, it's all estimates of something that is loosely defined. Defensive gun use numbers are sketchy, at best. The CDC report acknowledges that “definitional differences” have something to do with the wide variations in DGU estimates that are found by different research groups.

So the study is not as black and white and clear cut as you make it seem.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm not talking about propaganda videos at all. I'm talking about all the plots that get foiled because some terrorist is trying to learn how to make bombs and gets caught, spend years learning getting some special skill, or infiltrate some organization, stuff like that. We only really hear about the plots that succeed, but many more are either in the works and busted up before they can be implemented.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

Especially since it doesn't count attacks that never happened. My coworker's husband is a truck driver, and he's stopped several robbery attempts on him by flashing his concealed piece.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is this an update thread or a gun debate?

SMDH.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Been there, too.

A couple of years back, I was accosted in my apartment building parking lot by a "gentleman" with an Arkansas toothpick.

In case you're unfamiliar...

Thankfully, he was flying on something or other, and wasn't in complete control of himself, otherwise I might not be here typing this... Damn, that was a big ass knife, and it hurt coming out of my leg. I inflicted a significant amount of damage to him, and while I'm stopping my bleeding, he toddles off God knows where, 'cause the cops, bless 'em, couldn't find him. I kick myself for not grabbing the knife...I've always wanted a toothpick--and what a story attached to it.

Give him my money, and the jackhole still tried to kill me. Ungrateful whelp.

Next day, I started the process of getting my permit, and started carrying my knife. I'm so done getting stabbed, third time. I'm too bloody old for that crap!!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
London Attacks: Police changing clothes? What is going on here?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Is SE Washington State really that violent?

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join