It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Which is why I also carry a folder, just a little 3" blade, but it's a whole lot better than nothin'. But I actively try to avoid getting into situations where that knife, or my concealed, might be necessary. That sort of stuff is hard on my aching knees...

Was incident couple of years back I Atlanta where person coming home from work as cook was jumped by gang of
teenage thugs

He had a knife with 2 inch blade - at that longest could carry concealed

Gang was armed with shotgun and pistol

He killed one gang member, seriously wounded another, sent the rest running

Goes to show what even a small knife can do

As for protecting yourself against knife attacks - an article of clothing (jacket, scarf) draped or wrapped around
off hand used to parry attacks.

They were restaurants/bars - grab a table cloth and drap or wrap around offhand arm

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: grainofsand

Not always true, I stabbed a burglar through the shoulder area with a kitchen knife when I was 17.
You stabbed him and restrained him?

Didn't need restraining when the knife was going through front to back.
I ended up tending to him once I realised he was the only threat.
Felt sorry for him actually, was a heroin addict, tragic.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It has just been announced that ISIL have claimed responsibility alleging that the 3 terrorists were part of a sleeper cell

12 arrests so far 7 of them women

1 dead woman has been named as Chrissy Archibald a Canadian

21 in critical condition

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: YouSir

Lol, I haven't had fish n chips from the local chippy for a while, you've made me want it now but I can't be arsed walking down the hill.

Ummm...Can't be arsed...What even does that mean...?

You see...that's where the communication gap rears it's ugly head...Here I am...thinking I'm speaking English to the English who can't even speak English...

Now I get it...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

They'll claim anything, but it wasn't the Westboro Baptist Church, that we can be pretty sure about.

link   
What is the answer? Simple

Deport every single Muslim from every single Western country. And I mean ALL of them.

Allow none back for any reason whatsoever - until Islam has reformed itself.

Logistic nightmare but cheaper in the long run than the constant ramping up of security and endless military action.

It won't happen obviously. So the terror and death will continue.

link   

edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm from Wales, not England, I speak Welsh and English.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Don't worry, we feel like that when talking to the odd American.

He means he could not be bothered. Quaint.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
What is the answer? Simple

Deport every single Muslim from every single Western country. And I mean ALL of them.

Allow none back for any reason whatsoever - until Islam has reformed itself.

Logistic nightmare but cheaper in the long run than the constant ramping up of security and endless military action.

It won't happen obviously. So the terror and death will continue.

Every single person on this thread and anyone they can convince to do it should go straight to google and get your senators email and start to PROTEST!

Edit to add - See below - I put in links for you.

Flood your congress/senators with letters and email.

WE WANT THEM OUT! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!

That kind of stuff. But do it!

Find your Representatives

Contact Officials

And support the travel ban for God's sake!!!

50 million reasons to suppport the travel ban!

peace
edit on 0358Sunday201713 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I was born in London and that's where I'll be staying.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

What a #hole, have you never been to the SW coast?!
I did the M25 last week, even the air smells horrible.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Closest I've been was a QPR play off final in Cardiff.

London ain't so bad, depends where you go really.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

SW Devon coast here, I couldn't ever live in London.
...unless I was a millionaire of course, penthouse flat, rooftop garden, would still miss the ocean though, horizon, blah.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Exactly. The media fearmongers and makes people think that having armed citizens results in a wild west mentality and innocent bystanders being shot. This is in fact false, and I challenge anyone to find enough instances of this happening to demonstrate a trend. Meanwhile, armed US citizens stopping crimes is much more common than the media reports And before anyone cries about the source, yes it is a real study, and it was really commissioned by the CDC. Just because you don't like the article doesn't mean the study wasn't legit.

That report itself is flawed and says that more research is needed, on a number of levels. It says in the actual study that there's dispute on the actual number of defensive uses of guns. But gun nuts just read the headline and don't bother to actually read the study.

Not to mention, it's all estimates of something that is loosely defined. Defensive gun use numbers are sketchy, at best. The CDC report acknowledges that “definitional differences” have something to do with the wide variations in DGU estimates that are found by different research groups.

So the study is not as black and white and clear cut as you make it seem.

No, I actually did read it. It says its disputed, but says there's at least 500K uses annually, possibly into the millions. More research is needed to narrow it down.

You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yorkshire lass here and wouldn't go anywhere else....unless like you say I was a millionaire then I'd get a place in Budapest coz I love it and a place in Corfu to be near the daughter

I do however occasionally wish parts of Bradford would disappear
but that's bad and naughty so forget I said it

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm from Wales, not England, I speak Welsh and English.

Ummm...cool a relative...see...pulling the leg of a complete stranger is boorish...but family...?

That's where all bets are off...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

London is somewhere I have only really ever gone to join a protest, Parliament and the like.
I couldn't ever live there but I'm glad it's close enough to go and protest things I wanna protest.
Even riot if I think that is more appropriate.
Getting locked up in the UK is no big deal.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One of the London attackers was apparently kicked out of his local mosque for interrupting a message from the Imam urging his community to vote in the election.

www.independent.co.uk... 772701.html

One of the terror suspects killed by police during the London attacks was reportedly thrown out of his mosque after he interrupted a sermon to say that voting in the general election was “un-Islamic”.

The suspect, who has not yet been publicly named but whose identity neighbours believe they know after his East London flat was raided, is understood to have been attending the Jabir Bin Zayd mosque in Barking.

The manager of the mosque, who did not want to give his name, reportedly told the Mail Online the suspect aggressively halted the iman as he advised the community to vote.

“He started saying that voting was un-Islamic and we shouldn’t do it," the manager said.

“He got very angry. I called him aside and said, please calm down. He refused, so I removed him. Thank God he followed me.

“When we got outside the room, he said you don’t have any authority over me, only God has authority because this is a house of God. I said that might be true, but I am in charge.”

“He had no special friends here. He would arrive, pray and then leave. He said hello to people but generally kept himself to himself,” the manager added.

“He seemed an uneducated person. He seemed to have no knowledge of religion.”

He added that following the outburst, the suspect was banned from the mosque and had not been seen there since.

It does not appear as if the man was reported to the police by the mosque, but they did get rid of the guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: TurkmenAlevi
The problem is the Sunni sect of islam seeing everyone infidels...

They follow the way of Ummayyad

Iran is the leading state-sponsor of terror in the world. Iran is Shia.

I guess you get your info from the Israelis..... LOL Just like most American politicians

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join