It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That sounds lovely! I like beach houses. Sounds like something you should definitely do. Plus, if I may suggest, an armchair. Bookshelves and armchairs go together like fingers and gloves. But IKEA takes a few hours and those places are huge, make it an event, a tiny Sweden holiday. With cookies, they also have great cookies in huge boxes.
I'll go there in 3-4 weeks, it's something to look forward to. My christmas present to me. And maybe yours for you.
Today I'll be on the phone all day, my first real working day, I'm up extra early and super excited. From what I've seen so far it will be fun. Yeahi working lady!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Umm peeps i have a comfy sort of wood frame velvety apolstry armchair. and a glass lamp filled with large conch shells and stuff.. i need like bamboo window blinds maybe.

And im drinking at the bar they will close for me.
Ill just hang out if they have any questions.
Life is starting back towards under control.

edit on 9-11-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

And there I was wondering how you don't know about the magic of beautiful things. And you already have them. But you laugh at me for thinking furniture is interesting? Did that stuff just happen to appear? I bet no. Bad Reverbs!
Weekend two days of boring cleaning and laying around. It's not a cool restaurant, but I think I like my job now too. No bars to hang but nice collegues and a kitchen room where the Red Bull costs a single €. I bet you drink for free?
I rocked that thing yesterday! It was the first day after the coaching and I was great! If you excuse my not so modest self praising, but everybody else thought so too. The guy working next to me asked if I did it before, no I'm just smart and naturally charming. I think I made a few people happy, I was helping them with information. I love both, helping and information.
What wonderful coincidence, the first job I applied to! Crazy!
Now my only issue is, I have to get rid off one of my medicines they made me take. And my doctor is not amused but I hate it I'm basically blind after waking up for an hour or so.
But I love my happy pills. And I'm kind of scared not to get them if I don't take the other.
I'm like my old self, fröhlich und entspannt.
youtu.be...
edit on 9-11-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Me making fun is just in jest. Im quite sarcastic and funny. Of course I like things that look nice. One can fall victim in thinking ALL beauty should be inside. I like all of it. Just poking you with a crazy reverbs smile

I paid for my drinks tonight.. but I ate chicken marsala and made myself pizza at work as well for free.

I was Not joking when I said I wish I could hire you. I already know you are a baddass, and obviously very smart.

Go slow on removing "medicines" drugs.. Your mind is your most potent reality changer, for good or bad.
SSRI and antipsychotic?

But yes! So excited for you.
Maybe you are like me and you run the place in a year or two haha.

Ok.. back to baby sitting.
My new employees like working for me. But of course they do. Im a sweet heart with intensity. They feel comfortable already. If it goes insane I turn into kitchen beast and do 75% of everything.. If not I let them do everything so their confidence keeps increasing.

Make as many mistakes as you want I wont be mad or dissapointed. Its all teaching material. This running things aspect is new to me in one way, but at the same time, it fits like a glove. This is what I'm made for.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm really happy you are happy. Who'd have thought two dead people found a place in life? It's wonderful, just awesome. You are awesome. I really would love to meet you in person one day.

I love to talk to you, you're very inspiring.
I love TEOT too, but I think he left us because he can't handle the private talks. At this point there's not much meta left, just happy reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yea..

Did we out normal everyone?

Me and you of all people.

One day peeps.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Out normal? Ha! But it's true I am very much looking forward to Monday, when I can go back to work. And you live in your restaurant basically. We are boring as hell. How was your day at work BB?

And all the happy talk all the time... but I am glad the woo is at least quiet for now. Others turn now. I read the warning aliens are the tip of the iceberg thread but couldn't answer, all I thought was it will pass. Nothing lasts for ever is true. So I just enjoy this exciting new task and will se what comes next when it comes.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Work was good. Its my heavy office work day so I get to do math and such instead of any cooking or cleaning, then i had to sit in the staff meeting had to come up with things to say to the servers. Not used to it but then by the time I got back to the kitchen it was shut down. Lol..

Good day overall.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

That's nice, as long as you can call it a good day. You're really bossing? That's sick. I mean that positive.
I can go back to work today and am up early and plan to cook and take my dinner with me in a bowl. 9-18 Is long and I usually don't eat after 18 so I have to try the microwave at work. Almost 3 hours time, I'll make rice. Diet food.
I'm still happy that's what matters,my first real whole week. The 2 days off got long and boring.
What do you do 8n your free time just sitting around for a few hours? Have you played skyrim yet?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Skyrim feels limiting compared to zelda.
A little 30 degree slope in the way? A 6 foot wall?
I will probably like it more once I get into it. For now though its buggy, and clunky, and trapped feeling. Im near the begining of course.

I do like the motion controls for archery though. But thats also in zelda..
Zelda has spoiled me. Its the only game ive ever liked getting lost in.

Its just so goofy.. you get these ballons and its like hey they can make stuff float.. and youre like sure ok like i bet thats some quest and they work in one way.. and your mind wonders and all the sudden you have a flying ship haha.

edit on 12-11-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I never played Zelda. My favourite is fallout. The atmosphere the everything is the best.
Or read dead redemption.
Today was crazy at work! So many calls insane. My head is ringing and the time just flew away. Zack over! So crazy! I'm not used to it yet, I almost did forget to take my breaks. I noticed how my concentration went away at some point, but I noticed and refocused like a zen master. Just crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You would probably like Borderlands with those two games being your favourite. Bioshock is a good series if you like more linear than free range the last in the series was my favorite as a dystopian idealist dreamscape goes. Although, Tomb Raider was really good immersion wise... as I typically skip/ignore or mute dialog not finding the story interesting typical of all run and gun. The object is to make it to the end and # # up right? So no need to chit chat in my opinion for most all FPS.

The Farcry series is my choice for favourite open world exploring FPS. Sure it has a story but you can abandon it and work it in any order you want too or not at all and blast everyone you want too... sort of like how Oblivion and Skyrim is where you can go as rogue/free range to the story as you want too, playing it how you want.

Those sort of games have a very good replay factor due to that reason. Just because like the old D&D games you can choose your alignment in how you want to play.

The last Hitman game which was pretty good; I wasn't interested in the disguises, creeping around, and hiding I just walked around all Terminator style trying to drop everyone with head shots and no ammo waste.

Oh and Sleeping Dogs is a pretty decent one too sort of on the last Tomb Raider level... much better to go hand to hand than messing with the gun business. But it is sort of like GTA which I haven't ever cared for; possibly based off of the same engine but more Tomb Raider like as polished goes... good story line.

Not really a 3rd person sort of gamer; it's like trying to aim over someone's shoulder which I find as annoying as backseat driver business. Fortunately those two have a more intuitive control than previous physics engines... where it's like um jump and grab at the rope 100 times because the stupid camera can't get the distance right unless it is at the perfect angle to jump and grab the rope.

Oh and Assassins Creed Black Flag is way better than the others in the series. Although it does have some of the "jump and grab the rope" issues.

Congrats on the job... the strange thing is in fact you could be said to be a call girl; and yet that is not entirely accurate and yet it is. A much better paradox than; "Is it the same boat?" One... at least IMHO it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Haha call girl fits surprisingly well. Finally I made it.

Resident evil is another super cool "run around with a big magnum and shoot everyone you see in the head" game. I like creepy games. Silent hill was creepy, but I couldn't handle it, I was watching my back then boyfriend play, because if I did I threw around the controller all the time, hiding under a blanket and going "eek!"
There really are many great games. Monkey Island was my first and I loved it!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Resident Evil five I think was the last I played; I bought the edition that had a metal case a patch and a small messenger like bag. A friend and I played through it... it was basically just kill 100's of zombie Africans running and trying to hack at you with axes machetes or just trying to eat your brains teeth style.

I found the having to stand in one spot not being able to move while doing so very annoying... but other than that it was pretty good.

Haha Monkey Island I played all of those; the ol puzzle and hunting down objects to solve them... reminded me of the old text games with graphics on top of them like the Zork series but with pictures. The first of that same sort for me was one called Pirates of the Caribbean... lol it was silly oh noes quick sand at the beach, basically a a one screen at a time maze to pick stuff up and if you went the wrong way just all out dead and had to start all over again got to the end and the damned thing was glitched bad sector on the 5.25 floppy :p . Then there was the King's Quest series much better although better know the keys to control it good or else arrg!

But the Ultima series was what really hooked me on games for a long time... then I went to college for them; used to program some text based DOS games for fun, then damned Windows came to clog up the new hard drive tech. BOO! Made me hate computers... thanks asshole for putting graphics on top of DOS slowing everything down turn the thing on and wait for it to boot for no # thirty minutes... aside from that it ate practically all of that whopping 33k of state of the art RAM meaning programs slow and ground to a halt and death screened quite often.

So I said # this computers suck now I dont want a career with this # becoming the new industry standard and dropped out i'd have gone postal dealing with that junk. Apple was very close to going the way of the dodo like commodore in those days; if it wasn't for all of the school contacts purchasing them for educational purposes they probably would have tanked. So I left them alone for close to eight years...

Windows is back to dick moves though locking the boot against other OS installs, um yeah don't use your stupid god damned software to lock up my hardware mmmk? I have never bought a computer for Windows it's typically the first thing to go...

I lost game interest until the 360; although I'd watch a friend play quite often just as entertainment.

Oh yeah about Monkey Island; I think it's kinda funny that the main character looks like Tony Hawk.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Oh really you were a programming nerd? I never would have guessed that! I only played a little bit of Resident Evil V. That was too much for me and really very linear. I enjoy a big open world like everybody. GTA was really fun, the last I played was San Andreas I think. A lot of fun just what I like big world and always an open quest. With all the planes and helicopter available is really crazy stuff. And the boats. Great controlls.
But yeah Monkey Island was one of the first really commercial games. The password with those disks... that alone was super funny! There we're Indiana Jones games in the same style, also lots of fun!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Eh text based in DOS wasn't that difficult basically along the lines of;

05 Ahead of you there is a long road to the right there is a cliff to the left a rock wall and behind you the way you came exit y/n advance press up

10 if "y" then "exit" if "n" then....

blah blah blah

that won't run but that was the gist of the basics of programming in Basic. The standard of; If then and else statements. If you wanted music then it would be "beep" and the duration in ms(microseconds) of course the duration even tough it was the same beep would carry a tune. If you wanted to get the graphics them it was a lot of co-ordinate plotting.

These days it is much easier to use a program like Blender which is a free software project from the university of Berkeley Ca. written by students and over sighted by the professors... one can do Cad, animation and pretty much anything and only limited by one's creativity. Beats the hell out of paid programs that run into the 100's of thousands of dollars sold to game and animation studio's too. Of course most business see that sort of thing as a tax write off so they don't look for free that could do an equal or better job than the paid stuff.

It's why I prefer Linux and open source... free web project instead of all the lock it up and wring the hands waiting for cash to roll in. It's well known that the free stuff or even ripped stuff is a gateway to those happy to pay sort of like food samples in a grocery store; hey this is great and then happy to buy, than randomly taking a chance paying for it and going oh man this sucks then regret the purchase... talk smack about it giving whatever it is way more bad press than if one got a chance to see what it was first.

Of course, many want to act like that isn't the case and throw fits ell intellectual property and infringement etc. which costs way more to pursue and actually get anything out of it than just letting it be...

High road of humility and the low road of greed... basically just lets people know where someone's heart is at... like they actually love what they do and give to people as a product and not we don't really care about the industry or whatever it is... but there's money in it. The so called souless nonsense or trying to cash in as an investment with no long term is all that business is.

Anyway... that's just part of what occurs in many creative pursuits and what people have to grapple with; the same thing even occurs in the tattoo industry, someone buys a shop or building that could care less about tattooing then hires artists and takes half their pay or more and could give two #s less about the art or history etc.

Just something I have been aware of for a long time as a creative type; the hawkers following the trends based on the amount of gawkers looking to make quick cash and could care less about the heart or soul people put into whatever it is that they really truly love doing.

When that occurs to people it is sometimes best to take it as a lunch pad and a lesson to look out for that sort of thing and people in the future... as it really sucks the life and passion out of what you and others in that community love doing.

So yeah exploitation... not cool at all; so it's a lot of trying to keep one's head down while the wave or fad part of whatever it is blows over and the core or true people to it remain, sure the exploiters will bring a few more really caring people into the scene of whatever it is as the wave ebbs out and moves onto something else... and well that's just how that sort of thing goes... the core people will always remain the core people and true to whatever it is over a lifetime.

Just one of those it is what it is situations that hits many facets of the art industry all across the board; trying to dig out the core and sell it out... and ride the wave to riches instead of man this is my and many others life; stop trying to be a sellout douche bag, money comes and goes and chasing that mess means no heart and you'll go before everyone else does, when that's all that really matters to someone.

Sometimes it is really difficult to stay underground; but hey it's a good thing as one never loses their integrity and the more people come and go the more strength and equipoise grows out of it.

So of course it becomes then the meme, cliche, and trope that starts repeating... same deal over time; just different faces, names and the where and when basically irrelevant.

One of my sisters was a fad chaser no matter what it was she'd dip a toe and skim the surface; not really caring what the core or philosophy of whatever it was; was... just chasing or better put stampeding with the herd or hive because it was just the thing to be doing... also the very same sort later to be like oh no thats no longer cool and I am ashamed to ever have been a part of it... lol um yeah you never were a part of it nor where those chasing it either... so hey thanks for all the nothing you and others brought to whatever it was

Ha sorry I suppose I got of track and maybe a lil ranty with the truth as things are; I see it changing though, where authentic is starting to dig in in whatever it is that someone is into over a wide area of genre where that junk will just go away... or basically the end of the stereotypical costume or mask of attitude for whatever "lifestyle" it is one chooses to live and happily so regardless of anyone or their opinion.

Indiana Jones is a difficult one to find a good game from; since it is a licensed trademark or brand anyone with the cash can have a stab at making something using the name... which in games? Has been typical; there have been a few that come out as a surprise and not just cashing out on the name selling itself no matter how crappy it is to the gaming community... but that is a rare thing to encounter.

The Myan Adventures I thought were fun at the time; PITA now re jump and grab the rope style... Star Wars games jumped that hurdle great though, really good games however being absorbed or purchased by Disney? That may change I dunno... as Dream Works uses basically game studio software to make their movies.

I think the wisest thing to do as a independent artist is to create something simple and stereotypical with the talent; and sell that then use the funds from that cookie tossed to the masses; to then use that to fund whatever it is where your heart truly lay or rests with minus all the stress and spirit robbing of what you really care about to people that really don't... so then what you produce actually becomes that cult classic that people in whatever it is really love while the mainstream critics are like what a stinker...

To me that's how to pull off a real win; where no one really loses... at least where creative pursuits are involved. Having gone to college twice since; the last for engineering of all sorts of materials and construction with 1/10000th or more inch precision? I loved just doing engineering drawings no matter how banal they may have seemed... being paid to sit on my ass and do technical art was pretty cool.

That's how I saw college; as a professional polish... because engineered drawings are not art. They have to be reproduced and function in the real world many times over. So guessing a fillet etc was out of the question; lol even though some classmates did just that :p I was like... um; the art building is over there... what the hell?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Im addicted to skyrim now.
And my modding kit came just a case mod nothing too crazy, but I can make my switch look like the old automic purple gameboy color.

Of course I accidentally bought more games and a cbd vaping device with more oils. Smoking in the winter isnt so fun..

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That happened fast.

Let me guess you're crafting armours and daggers all the time?
It's already thursday?! I'm all like wtf? How did those days pass so fast? It's crazy! How does one "buy accidentally"?
Smoking in winter is super fun, it doubles the smoke you blow out. Like... a dragon

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

More running around sniping things with arrows.
"Accidentally" is just how I talk sometimes.
Supernintendo classic came today.
Im leaving work early and taking tomorrow off.
Too much working.. im losin it.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Really? I didn't think you're a sniper person. I was mostly walking around collecting stuff to cook and craft. And you are taking a day off?!? Is it raining in hell? Are pigs flying now? Wtf has happened?!? Jk take care of yourself.
I have dreams about car insurances now, from the job. Next week and the week after I'll have to work an extra hour per day because it's the busiest time of the year for car insurances in germany. But I get paid for it and it's still fun so I said yes.
You're entering a lazy phase?
Why not right you've been super busy and it's almost christmas.

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join