It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Day Without Immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

OK so you are into stereotyping, gotcha. That is not a good thing, by the way. And the post got attacked because Buzzy said that illegal immigrants are here for landscaping and housekeeping because Americans won't do the jobs. Bull#, my mother did that job for years! I guess you and Buzzy are better than my mom? Let me help you out, you aren't any better than my mother!

Would you mind explaining how recognizing that illegal immigrants work certain kinds of jobs means that Buzzy and I think we are better people than your mother?

NOPE Illegals are criminals. I don't deal with criminals. Nor do I want them anywhere near me. Get them out! Sorry you think making a difference between legal and illegal is lumping into groups. Its called putting the criminal elements together. One day maybe you will see that illegal immigrants are nothing but criminals.

When I say they're here illegaly - I acknowledge that they've broken the law

Interesting how you can't acknowledge that they're people - and should be treated humanely. This is something worth discussing. This entire thread (along with all the many other threads - and discussions outside ATS) shows that it's almost impossible to have an intelligent back and forth on all this

Do you know why they're here? Do you care? I'm kind of hoping you're capable of a little more than your usual anti-immigrant they're all criminals rant
edit on 5/2/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Are you having a reading comprehension problem also?

Have a heart. They aren't taking jobs that you want to do.

She was talking about jobs that my mother does!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

She was talking about jobs that my mother does!

So? She was talking about jobs my grandparents did. That my mom did. That I've done

Are you having a reading comprehension problem also?

Does it seem like I'm the one with a comprehension problem?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Done with you!
You are not talking sense.
The post was stupid and should not have been made.
And yes you are both stereotyping whether you want to admit it or not.
Change or be the same #ty person you always are, I could care less.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Done with you! You are not talking sense. The post was stupid and should not have been made. And yes you are both stereotyping whether you want to admit it or not. Change or be the same #ty person you always are, I could care less.

Toodles!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Misterlondon

BTW I take racism and wipe my rear end with it too, too many people using bigotry and racist as excuses this days to promote braking laws in this nation.

It seems that now a days tagging is the good way to shut people off, but hell no me, I will tell it the way it is.

Illegals and immigrants flow our local mall on Sundays with their littler of children and that is the fact.

What you want me to do, sugar coated? so you feel all good and warm inside.

I will not.

You could try at least acting as though you are intelligent though - too much too ask? Yeah, probably. How do you know who is an illegal immigrant? Are you passport control or are you just one of those people who look and make a judgement that for you becomes fact?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And you're welcome to agree with her. Nobody said you couldn't. I don't agree with her, nor do I agree with the manner in which she attempted to make her point, and I don't agree with you that saying her argument is crazy is in itself crazy. And I don't think saying that somebody's comment is crazy is inherently dishonest or demonstrates a lack of integrity.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Last time they did this in Las Vegas there was trash EVERYWHERE! Water bottles, Gatorade Bottles, sodas etc etc. Not because the illegal immigrant workers weren't there to pick up the trash (city job btw, illegals can't get those jobs) but because they were the ones littering and not throwing it away.

Very lazy and disrespectful. All that really proves is they are messy people who throw trash everywhere because they are babies and throwing a tantrum. Just so their cousin Enrique who is here "illegally" can stay.

I think immigrants are missing the point. The problem isn't immigration, USA is nothing but immigrants, it's the illegal immigrants that is the issue, so no clue what they are trying to accomplish if everyone marching is legal....doubt illegals will show up, would be pretty stupid of them to do so tbh.

Actually after the first couple of generations Americans are NATIVES if they are born here so your argument of We are all immigrants falls flat in truth. Im a native myself.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You understand, we're both saying the same thing - just from our different points of view?

If we're on topic? I would say that the level of animosity towards immigrants (not by everybody) sometimes gets directed at the the people defending them

You see the same thing but from the other side. That's fair. I imagine we're both completely spot on some of the time - and then completely wrong other times. With the way things are right now in this country, I think it's worth it to call each other on it - and expect the best from each other

How you define crazy, integrity or dishonesty is (sometimes) going to be different from the way I see it

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is no animosity towards legal immigrants.

False paradigm create by lefties and media organizations as a strawman and a premise to point fingers and call people who oppose people breaking our laws racist.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Then let's make it animosity towards illegal immigrants. You're sort of missing my point, but - that's not something I can fix. Apparently

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: toysforadults

Then let's make it animosity towards illegal immigrants. You're sort of missing my point, but - that's not something I can fix. Apparently

Damn right I have animosity towards illegal immigrants...they are criminals. That's simple.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Now that I can agree with, that the animosity towards illegal immigrants can be, and sometimes is, directed at those who defend them.

But I would counter that with it's probably because most people don't like being told that they're heartless human beings for not being supporters of illegal immigrants so when a supporter starts using those kinds of tactics, they get a reaction to it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

But I would counter that with it's probably because most people don't like being told that they're heartless human beings for not being supporters of illegal immigrants so when a supporter starts using those kinds of tactics, they get a reaction to it.

I was kinda sorta trying to work that in to my last post to you :-)

Sorry I wasn't more obvious

Now - can we both agree that some people are heartless human beings - and there's really nothing wrong with pointing that out?

Or - is that just a myth?

:-)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

shrug

Lotta baloney, that. I live amongst them. We are a sanctuary area.

Lol, that's sounds like the whole, "I know a black guy so I can say so and so."

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is hilarious I have to get kid gloves so people can feel good and cozy with the issue of illegal immigrants and immigrants overall.

Well I don't and don't have too.

Those intelligent enough to see the crap behind the pushing for illegals "rights" knows what goes on, those that are pandering to illegal immigration doesn't care two rat arses about how much damage illegal immigration does to the nation and the tax payer.

I am tax payer and have never gotten any darn dime from the government, so I have a voice I am latina and a minority, I don't care about sentiments and hurt feelings.Because I been there and done that.

And that is that, does that do not like my honesty are those that disagree with anything anyway.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Am glad you read it. I am no going to lie about what is the true, just to make anybody feel all warm and gooey.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

so by mentioning you are a latina are you complaining about only latino immigrants? do only immigrants have "litters" and do only immigrants let their kids "roam" and "run" around malls?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

When you come to my neck of the woods and witness the realities of illegal immigration in our mall then I will get back to you.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You know what else is already part of the community? Sex and drug trafficking. And pedophilia.

And you know what's heartless? Treating human beings like sh-t whilst shoving the imminent threat of deportation in their faces, thus making them do jobs for dirt cheap that no one else would do for the same low wages. (Honestly I'm not at all sure if that's how it works, I think nepotism plays a part in it all too maybe?)

For the record I'm not personally opposed to people wanting to live an American life... as long as they are doing it legally. Not sure if business owners or anyone would be fans of legalizing immigrants due to taxes, insurance rates, wages, and the general nuisance of playing by the rules. But I think that the process of legalizing the ones already here should be started.

Dang mama, you got mad tho!!! I see that you've calmed your horses now tho so that's good.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join