It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

There's no way this can be seen as an attack on Trump; Mr. Sessions has created this situation himself.

The Uranium One conspiracy theory doesn't hold as much salt with all as it does with some. The Clinton Foundation at this point is irrelevant for the most part.

I have a tiny amount of hopefulness in terms of the President's agenda; I do not want to see it compromised by Jeff Sessions.

Recuse at the least; resign and do the President a favor.

I do appreciate your time in forming a detailed answer, and hope I don't appear disrespectful in any way.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just throwing my old, yellow, sweaty, tainted, uninformed, irrelevant hat in the ring...

He should recuse himself - it's simply best for the investigation, and the optics of it. Pretty simple... especially since his comments from the confirmation hearing require clarification.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

FRANKEN: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so, you know.

But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

FRANKEN: Very well.

Franken never mentioned nor asked about if he met with Russian ambassadors in his capacities as Senator.

He did not ask if Sessions met with anyone within the Russian Government in his capacity as a member of the NRA either..

He asked the comprehensive "anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign " during "the course of the campaign"

And Sessions made it clear that he was exactly affiliated with the trump Campaign..."surrogate"

And gave a clear answer:
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Why do we need someone to tell us what he meant? We have a video of him answering a very specific question. There is no need for an interpreter.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
The dossier is coming true bullet point by bullet point.

This, well, this is the conspiracy of the century. We have an actual real life Manchurian president (allegedly)

I'm still concerned about that 19.5% of Rosneft

What do you say about Obama's pre-election "talks" with Russia? Are you suggesting that either Trump or Sessions best interests are tied to Russia and not the US? Sessions has had a full career of being a very stand up guy and is not well liked because of this. Once again, what was fine 8 years ago is wrong today....

edit on 2-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'd be surprised if he hasn't recused himself before the end of the day.

If he doesn't, he is harming the President's agenda with any American who isn't an acolyte, that being, specifically, those who defend anything associated with Mr. Trump at anytime with a zeal that can only be described as religious.

Let's not jeopardize the President's Administration; Jeff Sessions should step down.

Why didn't you post a single concern like this during the last 8 years? Not only were his supporters zealots, but the vast majority of media was doing his bidding! This is why I cant take any of this seriously! The loudest among you were lap dogs the last 8 years! Now leftists are beating people up, violently suppressing free speech and trying to overthrow a democratic election with Russian conspiracy theories. It's INSANITY.
edit on 2-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yes, at this point resignation is something I'm hopeful for as well.

He would be doing us all a favor, not just Trump.

Last year, I was railing against Loretta Lynch for not recusing herself from the Hillary private email investigation based on her meeting with Slick Willy on the tarmac. Today, I feel the same regarding Sessions.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Are you talking about Obama?

He's not still President, is he?

Time to move on.

(The fact that you have to throw in here about "leftists" demonstrates the partisan nature of your concern, rather than any interest in the facts ... OR EVEN WHAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP. So don't even try that tactic.)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

A US Senator on the US Armed Services Committee talked to the Russian Ambassador ... grasping at straws poor poor noe-globalists and their allies .... What did this have to do with the campaign? Secondly, Hillary Clinton rigged the "Selection of 2016"

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Yes, at this point resignation is something I'm hopeful for as well.

He would be doing us all a favor, not just Trump.

Last year, I was railing against Loretta Lynch for not recusing herself from the Hillary private email investigation based on her meeting with Slick Willy on the tarmac. Today, I feel the same regarding Sessions.

I could not believe ... BELIEVE that either Clinton or Lynch would be that stupid. And that's the only word for that.

This ... with Sessions just seems ... pointless. Why lie/misrepresent?

Why?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
The dossier is coming true bullet point by bullet point.

This, well, this is the conspiracy of the century. We have an actual real life Manchurian president (allegedly)

I'm still concerned about that 19.5% of Rosneft

What do you say about Obama's pre-election "talks" with Russia? Are you suggesting that either Trump or Sessions best interests are tied to Russia and not the US?

I am suggesting both Trump and Sessions (and others) "best interest" are tied to their own "self-interest"..
If that self interest benefits from Russian assistance..that is fine.
Trump has been clear that he sees little difference between Russia and the US in the ways that matter to him and admires Putin as a strong-man dictator. It isn't Russian interests vs. US Interests to Trump. It is Trump's interests vs. Everyone else's and that leaves plenty of room for assists from Russia.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And gave a clear answer:
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians

But Franken did not give a clear question.

This is the full answer:

"Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it."

He's not aware of any of those activities as outlined by Franken:

"CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so, you know.

But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Session's only crime is doing his job and trying to answer a loaded and ridiculous question.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The President just went on record as having total confidence in Sessions and that he shouldn't recuse himself.

I am sad to be mistaken about my projection about the end of the day, but apparently ... i was.

That'll teach me to keep my non-prophet status.

I think this is a mistake on the President's part. Much of that great political capital from his speech will be wasted.

/sigh

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Not disclosing is not the same thing as LYING. If Sessions wasn't ASKED, there's no need of him disclosing every contact he had with officials of other nations. Democrats need to focus on 2018 and 2020. The months are ticking by...

He was asked. Clearly. His answer was no. That would be a lie.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yep, the waters have been mucked up; clarity is needed.

I'd think that if he believes he spoke the truth, what is wrong with recusing himself to allow the investigation a clear path and ultimately clear him of any wrongdoing?

He's not giving off a confident/transparent vibe.

I respect Chaffetz's opinion, and he's asking Sessions to recuse himself.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamALWAYSright

Not disclosing is not the same thing as LYING. If Sessions wasn't ASKED, there's no need of him disclosing every contact he had with officials of other nations. Democrats need to focus on 2018 and 2020. The months are ticking by...

Sessions was asked clearly and directly, UNDER OATH. He LIED.

Transcript or video?

It's on whitehouse.gov during his confirmation hearing.

link   
a reply to: six67seven

Chaffetz AND Issa.

That is basically blowing a trumpet ... but it seems many are tone-deaf.

link   

The President just went on record as having total confidence in Sessions and that he shouldn't recuse himself.

I am sad to be mistaken about my projection about the end of the day, but apparently ... i was.

That'll teach me to keep my non-prophet status.

I think this is a mistake on the President's part. Much of that great political capital from his speech will be wasted.

/sigh

Alas...Me on page one of this thread at 8AM..

originally posted by: Indigo5

I predict Trump will work to keep Sessions in place in hopes of squashing investigations, and we are going to see dramatic leaks in the weeks to come until this reaches a full blown intelligence crisis...the rank and file of the FBI, NSA and CIA will not let suspected treason slide.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You da human!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

What info from sessions? I thought we had established that he wasn't bugged. As far as I know they don't have any conversation just a known meeting. BUT...
Can you quote the law that says if in the process of @recording a foreign national it is determined that one of the participants in the conversation is a known U.S. citizen they cannot continue the recording?

en.wikipedia.org...

Without a court order[edit] The President may authorize, through the Attorney General, electronic surveillance without a court order for the period of one year provided it is only for foreign intelligence information;[7] targeting foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. § 1801(a)(1),(2),(3)[12] in certain conditions; and there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party

So the president can do this without a warrant but there has to be no substantial likelihood tht the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a us citizen is a party. I think sessions is a us citizen.

With a court order[edit] Alternatively, the government may seek a court order permitting the surveillance using the FISA court.[20] Approval of a FISA application requires the court find probable cause that the target of the surveillance be a "foreign power" or an "agent of a foreign power", and that the places at which surveillance is requested is used or will be used by that foreign power or its agent. In addition, the court must find that the proposed surveillance meet certain "minimization requirements" for information pertaining to U.S. persons.[21] Depending on the type of surveillance, approved orders or extensions of orders may be active for 90 days, 120 days, or a year

To get a warrant the target has to be a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power. So sessions would have to be an agent of a foreign power to use that info.

What happens if you dont follow the rules?

Remedies for violations[edit] Both the subchapters covering physical searches and electronic surveillance provide for criminal and civil liability for violations of FISA. Criminal sanctions follows violations of electronic surveillance by intentionally engaging in electronic surveillance under the color of law or through disclosing information known to have been obtained through unauthorized surveillance. The penalties for either act are fines up to US$10,000, up to five years in jail, or both.[17] In addition, the statute creates a cause of action for private individuals whose communications were unlawfully monitored. The statute permits actual damages of not less than $1,000 or $100 per day. In addition, that statute authorizes punitive damages and an award of attorney's fees.[18] Similar liability is found under the subchapter pertaining to physical searches. In both cases, the statute creates an affirmative defense for law enforcement personnel acting within their official duties and pursuant to a valid court order. Presumably, such a defense is not available to those operating exclusively under presidential authorization.

I submit this would be disclosing info known to have been obtained through unauthorized surveillance as sessions is a us citizen.
Unless they got a fisa warrant on him.

Using the ic to damage a political party or campaign is unacceptable.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join