It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: carewemust

They couldn't prove that Russia had any hand in our elections so the "pivot" to saying "hey!!! look!!! they talked to them...see!!!"

If and only if there is some real evidence that Russian had anything to do with the elections, then I may take all this mediafare seriously. Until then, it's just rhetoric.

I don't think it's relevant. First of all -- the claim isn't that Russia "Hacked" the election, it's that Russia influenced it with smear campaigns. Second of all -- if they weren't trying to hide something, then why is everyone lying about their contact?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
a reply to: Indigo5

A US Senator on the US Armed Services Committee talked to the Russian Ambassador ... grasping at straws poor poor noe-globalists and their allies .... What did this have to do with the campaign? Secondly, Hillary Clinton rigged the "Selection of 2016"

Why would a member of the armed services committee who is empowered with legislative oversight of the military, military R & D, benefits for military families and the draft possibly have to discuss with one of our enemies?

Ask Claire McCaskill. She serves on the same committee and has also spoken with the Russian ambassador as part of her job along with other ambassadors. She has tried to deny it, but BUSTED!

There’s a problem though. McCaskill’s own tweets show that she has met and talked on the phone with the Russian ambassador. On January 30, 2013, she tweeted: “Off to meeting w/Russian ambassador. Upset about the arbitrary/cruel decision to end all US adoptions, even those in process.”

And on August 15, 2015, she tweeted: “Today calls with British, Russian, and German Ambassadors re: Iran deal.”

So, she has found occasion to speak with the Russian ambassador about foreign adoption issues and the Iran deal.

YES...PUBLICLY..WITH OTHER Senators...

McCaskill later clarified her claim to NBC News.

“[The meeting] was about adoptions… but it didn’t have anything to do with Armed Services,” she said. “And it was obviously not about the Russian ambassador it was about adoptions. The Russian ambassador has never called me as a member of the Armed Services Committee, he’s never asked for a meeting with me, and I’ve never met with him one-on-one.”

www.rawstory.com...

If Jeff Sessions met secretly with the Russian Ambassador to protest about Russian Adoptions being cut off...Now would be a good time to let us know..
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Well they didn't record any conversation of sessions so moot point.
They know he met with him. Twice. He said he had no contact.
He lied. Under oath.
Where is that crime occurring again??? Oh yeah. Sessions perjury that's where.

He had no contact as part of the 2016 campaign which was part of the question.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Armed Services Committee Dem pokes at Sessions: We don't meet with ambassadors

A Sessions spokesman insisted that the contact with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak was in his capacity as a member of the Armed Services Committee, not as a surrogate for Trump’s presidential campaign.

But McCaskill, also a member of the committee, tweeted that she has never had contact with the ambassador in her capacity on the Armed Services Committee.

I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years.No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador. Ever. Ambassadors call members of Foreign Rel Com.
— Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc) March 2, 2017

The liar met with the Russian Amabassdor at least twice.

She even tweeted about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Proof?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

He lied. Under oath.

It is not a moot point.
I hope they investigate this to the FULLEST extent. Do you think it is ok for the ic to be used against citizens of the usa?
I want to know who was listening to sessions and why. I want those who leaked what will be classified info to be prosecuted.
You do understand that there is only one person who could authorize this?
INVESTIGATE AWAY.
Just make sure to let the former potus know he cant leave town unless he checks in first.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Seriously the left need to let it go... treason what treason... talking to the russians MIGHT be a violation of the logan act, treason it aint, without a metric ton more evidence treason it aint no matter how much people might want it to be.

How are we going to get this metric ton of evidence if we just let it go? Clearly there is something worth investigating here.

Here is the thing every time people scream treason when something occurs... it devalues the word.

Dig, investigate, knock yourselves out.. stop saying treason till there is some piece of evidence to support that other wise you lose the potential to rally people to your side when you have evidence because you have been saying treason for months and nothing happened...

boy who cried wolf.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You mean she has phone calls with other senators on the line?

It doesn't matter in what capacity or committee she met with the Russian ambassador. The fact of the matter is that she shows that Senators met with foreign ambassadors as part of their job all the time. It is routine.

And her dissembling is disingenuous. If we're going to prosecute Sessions over wording, then she's just as guilty. She said she had never, ever met with the Russian ambassador and she clearly has.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I haven't used the word treason once in this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He lied. Under oath.

He had no contact as part of the 2016 campaign which was part of the question.

Nope...

Al Frankin:

if there is any evidence
that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign
communicated with the Russian government
in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Jeff Sessions:

"Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and

I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Proof?

It is linked in the story I posted that you obviously did not bother to read.

But here is a direct link.

mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 2-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Hahahah!

McKaskill met with Russian Amabassador after all! She even tweeted about it!

mobile.twitter.com...

Claire McCaskill accused of lying in attack on Jeff Sessions
www.usatoday.com...

McCaskill's statement that she never met with Russia's ambassador was immediately challenged by Charles C. Cooke, editor of National Review Online, a conservative news site. Cooke noted that McCaskill had tweeted about a 2013 meeting with Russia's top diplomat in the U.S.

Oh here's the proof. Completely separate from the post you addressed to me and in a post addressed to no one.

By the way, did you see this part in the article you posted?

Asked to explain, McCaskill said the meeting on adoption was with about a dozen other senators. She said she never had been contacted by the Russian ambassador nor had a one-on-one meeting with him.

"The Russian ambassador has never called me. The Russian ambassador has never requested a meeting. I have never met with the Russian ambassador one-on-one," McCaskill said. "I went to a meeting on adoptions, and he was there. But it was a bunch of senators. And it had nothing to do with the Armed Services Committee."

edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What does adoption and the Iran deal have to do with the Armed Forces Committee? She specified that members of the Armed Forces Committee do not meet with ambassadors. However, members of the Finance Committee, especially members of the Subcommitte on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness, probably do.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

She literally starts the tweet with "off to meeting w/Russian Amabassador..."

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yes, because the question was aimed at people communicating with the Russians over the campaign. They didn't ask him if he met with the Russians as a member of the Senate.

It's like if I asked you:

Concerning pedophilia, have you ever talked with an underage girl?

And you said no.

And then I call you a liar and proceed to trot out how you talked with your neighbor's 9-year-old daughter. Then I ask you why you lied about it and what you're trying to hide.

Now you are trying to explain yourself and we all wonder what you are hiding.

link   

And? I didn't deny she met with him. I asked if you read the part of the article I quoted.

link   

You mean she has phone calls with other senators on the line?

It doesn't matter in what capacity or committee she met with the Russian ambassador.

Sure it does...Complaining to an ambassador along with other senators about the cessation of the adoption program is one thing.

Sessions lied about the meeting under oath...later claimed it was in his capacity as a Member of the Armed Services Committee and meanwhile..

The Washington Post contacted all 26 members of the 2016 Senate Armed Services Committee to see whether any lawmakers besides Sessions met with Kislyak in 2016. Of the 20 lawmakers who responded, every senator, including Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.), said they did not meet with the Russian ambassador last year.
LINK

So what did Sessions meet with the Russian Ambassador about..>During the height of Sanctions and Election interference?

Clair Mckaskill Announced she was complaining to the Russian Ambassador about the adoption program along with other Senators..

Why did Sessions hide his meetings and not even tell anyone on the Armed Services Committee (The Committee he purports to have been talking to Russia on behalf of)?
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: ketsuko

What does adoption and the Iran deal have to do with the Armed Forces Committee? She specified that members of the Armed Forces Committee do not meet with ambassadors. However, members of the Finance Committee, especially members of the Subcommitte on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness, probably do.

Well then, I'd like to know what she's hiding because we all know she has lied about meeting with the Russian ambassador.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

I don't think it's relevant. First of all -- the claim isn't that Russia "Hacked" the election, it's that Russia influenced it with smear campaigns. Second of all -- if they weren't trying to hide something, then why is everyone lying about their contact?

The media has regularly said "hacked the election" Chris Cuomo on CNN especially. You claim Russia influenced the election with "smear campaign". What campaign was that? Are you saying the American people would have been better off with less knowledge on democrat party corruption?

Why did Hillary have a private server is she wasn't hiding anything?

edit on 2-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

I haven't used the word treason once in this thread.

Congrats you avoided it this time?

It has been used multiple times and you tried to put words in my mouth saying I dont want an investigation..

Here I will save you time... "you said let it go" that means do not investigate... actually it does not when you look at my previous boy that cried wolf posts, and my post history complaining about the over use of big words that generate "shock"value... like treason.

hence me saying Investigate to your hearts content, but leave the hyperbole at home till you have something beside "an anonymous source said" ...

You want to get him for perjury go... get on it... he wasnt my idea of a great AG anyway I am partial to medical MJ.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join