It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I see a lot of folks keep spouting off nonsense about him "lying, lying, lying." There's some serious lack of reading comprehension here.

The question was did he talk to Russian officials "About the 2016 campaign." Not did he talk to Russian officials. Meet with them. Eat cheerios, or whatever. But did he talk with them "about the 2016 campaign."

Saying "no," here is perfectly truthful for what we know, since we have no recordings of their conversations, and that meeting with diplomats was apart of his normal job.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This is funny. Getting in trouble for a past job where in said job you were to talk with diplomats. Sessions also met with 19 other diplomants too that year. Isnt there a law against holding past actions against current ones?

The fact that invalidates what you keep trying to push is that he lied, not that he did or didn't have a legitimate reason to speak to a Russian agent.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
One of the duties as a senator is to talk to ambassadors. Sessions talked to at least 20 of them in 2016. In other words, liberals are conflating—wrongly—his job as Senator with his connections with the Trump campaign. Of course these are the same liberals who thought Hillary should be president after lying to congress about her emails.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisescarab

Nope:

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.

SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

Source

Also ... White House is claiming they "didn't know" about Sessions contact with Russian Agents.

Remind you of anything?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisescarab

The written question made that stipulation but the question asked by Al Franken did not. Don't insult others comprehension if you're not going to include all the information. That's deceitful.
Frankens question was simply about contact. Did you or anyone connected to the campaign have any contact with russian officials during the campaign. To which Sessions answered "No".

Funny how...
Yesterday Sessions said he didn't remember what the meeting was about.
And today...
He said he did not discuss the campaign in that meeting.
edit on 322017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The line about "he met with Ambassadors" is pure deflection.

Jeff Sessions was asked a question REGARDING Trump officials meeting with the Russians and HE ANSWERED THAT QUESTION by saying that he was a part of that campaign and that he hadn't met with the Russians.

Not that he didn't meet "as a member of the Trump campaign."

The blatant prevarication here is trending toward good ol' gutter-snipe lying.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They weren't pertinent to the hearing. He was specifically asked about Russians.

There was prior knowledge of them - he kept the meetings with the Russian Ambassador a secret.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wisescarab
I see a lot of folks keep spouting off nonsense about him "lying, lying, lying." There's some serious lack of reading comprehension here.

The question was did he talk to Russian officials "About the 2016 campaign."

Right...Reading Comprehension

Al Frankin:

if there is any evidence
that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign
communicated with the Russian government
in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Jeff Sessions:

"Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and

I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So, defenders of Sessions here for whatever reason ...are you saying that you want an AG that tells half-truths (going with your explanation for the facts)?

This is the chief law enforcement agent in the country. At this point, I am hoping for President Trump's success on the agenda he put forth at his speech, and as such, the smartest thing for him to do would be to drop Sessions.

It's already been set up, the WH "just heard about it today."

Cut him loose, Mr. President, he's a deficit not a credit to your Administration.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

This is funny. Getting in trouble for a past job where in said job you were to talk with diplomats. Sessions also met with 19 other diplomants too that year. Isnt there a law against holding past actions against current ones?

The fact that invalidates what you keep trying to push is that he lied, not that he did or didn't have a legitimate reason to speak to a Russian agent.

SEssiosn DIDNT talk to any russians about Trumps campaign. THats what is the issue. In his previous Job he did though,and thats what Franken is trying to screw him over with.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
At most he recuses himself for doing his job. No big deal. The hypocrisy here is strong. And smelly.

I'd start being more worried about what Sessions may occupy himself with, with that free time.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If he would have just disclosed that he met with the Russian Ambassador in the Capacity of a US Senator I would have had no problem with that answer.

That's all he had to do. At the very least he obfuscated.

link   
Surprising nobody, right wingers on ATS see no problem with Sessions lying about his contact with Russia.

The Party of Denial Continues....

link   

SEssiosn DIDNT talk to any russians about Trumps campaign. THats what is the issue. In his previous Job he did though,and thats what Franken is trying to screw him over with.

You don't know what Mr. Sessions talked about to anyone.

Mr. Sessions was asked a question, he responded with a statement and that statement is untrue.

Don't let partisan ideology blind you; do you dispute that he stated "I did not have communications with the Russians."?

Focus on that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Are you interested in the success of President Trumps agenda?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The question was did he talk to Russian officials "About the 2016 campaign."

Right...Reading Comprehension

Al Frankin:

if there is any evidence
that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign
communicated with the Russian government
in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Jeff Sessions:

"Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities.
I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and

I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

Translation. I do not know What others in the campaign are doing. People seem to think I do though but I cant say anything about things I do not know about.
(specifically during th ecampaign he didnt speak to any russian diplomats)

Is that simple enough to understand?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The line about "he met with Ambassadors" is pure deflection.

Jeff Sessions was asked a question REGARDING Trump officials meeting with the Russians and HE ANSWERED THAT QUESTION by saying that he was a part of that campaign and that he hadn't met with the Russians.

Not that he didn't meet "as a member of the Trump campaign."

The blatant prevarication here is trending toward good ol' gutter-snipe lying.

It;s obvious by the quote you keep posting, and the question by Franken, that both Franken and Sessions were speaking about his capacity as a surrogate, and not a senator. It is his job to speak to ambassadors as a Senator, not as a surrogate, yet you fail to distinguish between the two. Pure smear campaign. Pure lies and slander.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You don't know what Mr. Sessions talked about to anyone.

Mr. Sessions was asked a question, he responded with a statement and that statement is untrue.

Don't let partisan ideology blind you; do you dispute that he stated "I did not have communications with the Russians."?

Focus on that.

read the article I posted. A few pages back. And my new post. It dont matter to you though. Always deny deny deny if it dont fit your little narrative,but hey that sall political speech here.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

SEssiosn DIDNT talk to any russians about Trumps campaign.

How do you know?
He lied about the meetings and conversations..
Then admitted them...but said he couldn't remember the content of the conversations..
Then he said he didn't discuss the campaign..
Then we have an anonymous WH source that defends Sessions saying they talked about the election, but it was only casual and high level chit-chat and not the substance of the discussion..

What WAS the substance of the meetings/discussions????

Easy for sessions to clarify...He is just waiting to see what other shoe drops before he goes on record IMO.

He is still hiding the nature of the meetings.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join