It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
a reply to: Indigo5

A US Senator on the US Armed Services Committee talked to the Russian Ambassador ... grasping at straws poor poor noe-globalists and their allies .... What did this have to do with the campaign? Secondly, Hillary Clinton rigged the "Selection of 2016"

Why would a member of the armed services committee who is empowered with legislative oversight of the military, military R & D, benefits for military families and the draft possibly have to discuss with one of our enemies?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
What is obvious is that there are those here who will deny the obvious in favor either of argument or their politics.

At least you have recognized and admitted your problem.

That is the first step.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You da human!

No joy in being correct...The only route to full light is leaks or the Intelligence Community risking sharing with GOP in congress, where members would likely quickly rat people out to Team Trump for partisan favor.

That leaves leaks. Messier...but it will need to be public pressure vs. normal checks and balances.

That means Trumps biggest threat right now is the Press reporting things.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A US Senator on the US Armed Services Committee talked to the Russian Ambassador ... grasping at straws poor poor noe-globalists and their allies .... What did this have to do with the campaign? Secondly, Hillary Clinton rigged the "Selection of 2016"

Why would a member of the armed services committee who is empowered with legislative oversight of the military, military R & D, benefits for military families and the draft possibly have to discuss with one of our enemies?

Sessions colleagues on the Armed Services Committee are wondering the same thing...

Even if there was somehow legitimate cause...then why did he not tell anyone on the committee about the meetings? Or anyone at all for that matter....

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Would it not have been more, shall we say, forthcoming and...accurate...for him to say, in addition, "Now, that is in regards to the campaign. As a member of the Armed Services Committee, I did meet with the Russian Ambassador twice, on official business.

I am confident that my work in that capacity cannot be confused with my support of President Trump's campaign. We discussed, in general, blah blah blah in regards to blah blah blah. My office can provide the exact dates and details, along with the minutes from the committee that showed this meeting to be part of our work."

Or something to that effect. No? As it stands, no one else on the Committee has a clue what he's referring to. That is not a good thing.

By claiming "I forgot," he is really making himself look bad.

Personally, I think he was chosen for both his willingness to enact Trump/Bannon's agenda, AND to be in-place should anything come up in regards to Russia that needed to be quashed.

Wouldn't that make a nice conspiracy?? You know, conspiracy site here, and all??

edit on 2-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seriously the left need to let it go... treason what treason... talking to the russians MIGHT be a violation of the logan act, treason it aint, without a metric ton more evidence treason it aint no matter how much people might want it to be.

you want to go after him on perjury, knock yourself out... I think it is questionable at best, but I am not 100% against the chase idea.

Just remember some of us are old enough to remember other times Democrats perjured themselves to congress, do you really want to see a tit for tat war spring up in congress?

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But he participated in that activity so how can he claim not to have knowledge of the same?

link   
Armed Services Committee Dem pokes at Sessions: We don't meet with ambassadors

A Sessions spokesman insisted that the contact with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak was in his capacity as a member of the Armed Services Committee, not as a surrogate for Trump’s presidential campaign.

But McCaskill, also a member of the committee, tweeted that she has never had contact with the ambassador in her capacity on the Armed Services Committee.

I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years.No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador. Ever. Ambassadors call members of Foreign Rel Com.
— Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc) March 2, 2017

link   

Here's the long-game in my mind ... and what makes me think this is actually way, way beyond party games.

Each President (since Kennedy) has been hit with SOMETHING that has destroyed or decreased the dignity of the OFFICE overall (except maybe Ford and GHW Bush.)

It swings "left and right" ... like a scythe.

The net effect is that there is no confidence in the President of the United States overall.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's only 2:44 there's still time dude.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Well, she's just a woma ... er, uh ... Democrat. She's whining because she's not important enough to meet with Russia."

Just saving our friends some time, LOL.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Seriously the left need to let it go... treason what treason... talking to the russians MIGHT be a violation of the logan act, treason it aint, without a metric ton more evidence treason it aint no matter how much people might want it to be.

How are we going to get this metric ton of evidence if we just let it go? Clearly there is something worth investigating here.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm loving the mental gymnastics to try to desperately sweep this back under the rug from the conservatives. I'm surprised no one has broken their back yet with all the contortions they are pulling off.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
So what?

Sessions was a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, not a part of the Trump Campaign.

Stay strong Deplorables, they ain't done yet....

Right. How many dems spoke with Russia? I bet a few did.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's only 2:44 there's still time dude.

I think Mr. Trump has analyzed and decided he can't afford another Russia-related staffing issue ...

... that would be "two strikes."

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ask Claire McCaskill. She serves on the same committee and has also spoken with the Russian ambassador as part of her job along with other ambassadors. She has tried to deny it, but BUSTED!

There’s a problem though. McCaskill’s own tweets show that she has met and talked on the phone with the Russian ambassador. On January 30, 2013, she tweeted: “Off to meeting w/Russian ambassador. Upset about the arbitrary/cruel decision to end all US adoptions, even those in process.”

And on August 15, 2015, she tweeted: “Today calls with British, Russian, and German Ambassadors re: Iran deal.”

So, she has found occasion to speak with the Russian ambassador about foreign adoption issues and the Iran deal.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well they didn't record any conversation of sessions so moot point.
They know he met with him. Twice. He said he had no contact.
He lied. Under oath.
Where is that crime occurring again??? Oh yeah. Sessions perjury that's where.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

Are you talking about Obama?

He's not still President, is he?

Time to move on.

(The fact that you have to throw in here about "leftists" demonstrates the partisan nature of your concern, rather than any interest in the facts ... OR EVEN WHAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP. So don't even try that tactic.)

Its relevant because it shows your concern is nothing but partisan fervor incited by the media.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hahahah!

McKaskill met with Russian Amabassador after all! She even tweeted about it!

mobile.twitter.com...

Claire McCaskill accused of lying in attack on Jeff Sessions
www.usatoday.com...

McCaskill's statement that she never met with Russia's ambassador was immediately challenged by Charles C. Cooke, editor of National Review Online, a conservative news site. Cooke noted that McCaskill had tweeted about a 2013 meeting with Russia's top diplomat in the U.S.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
jeff sessions will resign even though "he did nothing wrong" a la milo and flynn. why do these people resign if they "did nothing wrong?"

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join