It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Lagomorphe

a reply to: muzzleflash
That is getting extremely synced!!!

Erm...

This is no joke...

Octopus are my favourite animals!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

After Pink Gerbils that is...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well "IT" is a Spider in it's "true form" at the end of the book/film.
Octopuses and spiders have 8 appendages.

In addition some of my upcoming threads center around these topics very heavily.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Motion seconded. Clowns creep me out.

a reply to: muzzleflash

I had a bizarre dream the other night that people in my life were falling into sinkholes that were appearing around my house. It was quite disturbing and I woke up distressed. But I'm really, really glad it didn't involve tarantulas & I will happily take mysterious sinkholes over large spiders any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

a reply to: Martin75

In Minnesota, we don't have too many nasty creatures. People in other states have snakes, spiders, scorpions, alligators, etc. In Minnesota, we have squirrels. Lots of squirrels. Little suckas have infiltrated the highest levels of the government, I tell ya...

a reply to: no one in particular
oh, um, Good morning everyone!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Morning Prairie.

I am currently gagging here as the cat has just laid a massive egg in the litter tray and has stunk the whole living room out... I can't change it as I am still on my crutches....

Missus is going to love it when she comes in...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You might want to try to make that up to her afterward, there Lagomorphe. Run a bath with salts, some beads or oils, light a couple candles and bring her wine & chocolate. You can do all that on crutches, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
You might want to try to make that up to her afterward, there Lagomorphe. Run a bath with salts, some beads or oils, light a couple candles and bring her wine & chocolate. You can do all that on crutches, right?

hehe I do that all the time!

My cast comes off on Friday night...

My second half is in for a lovely surprise on Friday night...

ETA : I forgot to mention, me likes squirrels... funny little critters...

This one always cracks me up :

Warmest

Lags
edit on 22-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Squirrel

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Sure, you like squirrels now. You've never seen them lined up for battle, covered in woad, brandishing claymores and pikes and screaming at the top of their little lungs for the head of Edward the Longtail.
"Sons of Squirreldom! I am Squirrel Wallace!"

*hm, Shepherd really needs more caffeine this morning, methinks*

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

*hm, Shepherd really needs more caffeine this morning, methinks*

I you sure you need more.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yup. The delirium from a lack thereof inspires warped sub-references. Although they do not all involve rebellious freedom-fighting Scottish squirrels, I must admit.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My second half is in for a lovely surprise on Friday night...

Your poor wifey, hopefully she doesn't break the other foot!

Hahahahaha! The squirrel battle picture that I have in my head now is priceless!!!!

I LOVE my squirrels!!!! Although I have had to put mine on a diet. I feed them pretzels (they love them and look hilarious eating them) but they are starting to get too fat. I have one that will run around the edge of the deck to get his pretzel.

Paul was ready to kill me last year at SeaWorld. He pays for me to watch the dolphins and whales and I ended up playing with the squirrels. They were so friendly they would climb right up in your lap!!!

edit on 2/22/2017 by Martin75 because: fixed code

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do your squirrels do flips? Mine do, LOL

Hey maybe we could have a squirrel circus...OK I will show myself out.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns
(Shed 14) Page 29 - As Good as a Death Sentence

Today's episode: A Vow by the Lake

She had become lightheaded, and sat down on a fallen tree, finding it hard to concentrate on anything. The entire side of the bodice of her dress was soaked now. She was losing more blood than she at first believed. So I'll be free after all, she thought. Gaalen, glistening wetness on his leg and on his shoulder where one of the neck spines had pierced him, limped over to her.

“Kaena, are you hurt? You’re bleeding!” he knelt and inspected the wound on her side. “Let’s get this bandaged and get you home. Do you think you can walk the distance?”

"Leave me, Gaalen. Get yourself away from here."

"What? No, don’t be ridiculous," he said dismissively.

"I can’t make it back, and you’ll get attacked if you try to carry me. Just let them have me. Better for everybody if I’m dead anyway."

"Look at me!" He put his hands on her shoulders, strong and gentle. “It’s not better for me if you’re dead, Kaena. I am not leaving you. If you die, we both die because whatever comes will have to go through me first."

He cut his shirt into strips and made bandages to tie around her slender waist. She became acutely aware of him, so close as he tended to her. Her heart started to pound, her breathing became shallow, and her body seemed to hum with energy. She had an overwhelming urge to kiss him then, but the evening closed in on her, and the last thing she remembered clearly was being scooped up in his arms as he started down the hill, now shirtless and still limping from the gash in his leg. Later, she only remembered flashes of his league-long hobbled journey back to her family’s estate, carrying her, his sweat and blood soaking into her dress and matting her long hair. She remembered a strange feeling of contentment, somehow she knew he would get her to safety. He had saved her life that night, in more ways than one.

While she recovered, he had visited her every day for two weeks, sneaking sweets and wine from his parents’ estate to her. He didn’t try to woo her like the other young men did, showing off and pretending they were something other than what they were. He was…genuine.

It had been blind luck that he had shown up that night. He was on an unexpected leave from the Bastion, and had come to call on her. When they had looked for her, her servants had said she’d been gone the whole afternoon. Lady Raea had guessed her thoughts and rallied the family and servants to find her, but she hadn’t even noticed until Gaalen called and asked after Kaena. It was Gaalen who knew her, knew where she had gone. It was Gaalen who had sat talking with her on that hill. It was Gaalen who taught her how to tell when the ges’etaaken were active, and how to avoid the sutrean, the kinnic, and other flying creatures in the region. He had to have known what her intentions were, climbing that hill during the creatures’ daily hunting period, but he never brought it up. He never asked her about it, and when she finally told him about Seeress Benna’s diagnosis, she asked him, “You knew, didn’t you? Why I was out that day? You never said anything.”

“I figured you’d tell me when you were ready. I had a guess. Something pretty serious had to have driven you up there. You knew better than to go up that hill at dusk, but you left a trail a child could follow, even in bad light.”

It took three more years, but their first kiss was by the lake. They were on leave from the Bastion just after she had attained her first Bastion title, and had returned to their family estates together. She was teasing him about how he always obeyed the rules. She dared him to break a rule, any rule, but he refused. It had been a hot summer day, and the heat had lingered into the evening.

“What if I Command you to disobey?”

“You wouldn’t do that,” he said, simply, and shrugged.

“So I have to entice you instead, then,” she stated. “Fine. Turn around.”

He turned around, and she undressed.

“What are you doing, Kaena? Can I turn back around yet?”

“Not yet. And close your eyes!” She put her cloak back over her shoulders, holding it shut instead of clasping it.

“What’s going on?”

“Here are my rules. You may not turn around or open your eyes. If you turn around and open your eyes, you must do the next thing I say. So if you want to know what is going on, you have to break my rules and pay the price.”

Gaalen hesitated a moment, then turned around and opened his eyes.

“Tsk tsk,” she said with a twinkle in her eyes, “Now you are under my power. You must do the next thing I tell you to do.”

He stepped close to her, leaning in toward her face. “And what, may I ask, is your command, Lady Kaena of Milaener Maarke?”

“Kiss me,” she said with a mischievous smile, “but you have to catch me first.”

With that, she shed the cloak and ran toward the water, sand from the beach flying up behind her bare feet. She let him catch her in the water and they kissed for what seemed like hours that night. They were careful, though, they both knew the consequences would be severe if things were to go too far. She had discovered his scars that night - pale welts and smooth streaks that her fingertips found as they caressed his back. She had wept over them then. Worse almost than the scars themselves was how emotionless Gaalen was over them. His mute acceptance of them and how he obtained them broke her heart. That was when she vowed she would protect him. Somehow, she would find a way.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yup. The delirium from a lack thereof inspires warped sub-references. Although they do not all involve rebellious freedom-fighting Scottish squirrels, I must admit.

I miss the grey squirrels, we only have red ones over here in France...

We should start a squirrel combat club!?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I find the caption of that video hilarious: "Squirrels...going nuts."

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes! Squirrel jousting! Squirrel fencing! Greco-Roman squirrel wrestling! We could make a squirrel-sized coliseum and everything! Squirrel chariots!

I'm sure my coworkers now think I'm crazy.

Eh. They're right I suppose.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They were so friendly they would climb right up in your lap!!!

Nasty bites though... I have a couple of scars from treating them

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yes! Squirrel jousting! Squirrel fencing! Greco-Roman squirrel wrestling! We could make a squirrel-sized coliseum and everything! Squirrel chariots!

I'm sure my coworkers now think I'm crazy.

Eh. They're right I suppose.

Right... I know what I am doing this weekend!

*Makes mental note of things to get from the DIY shop*

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Awww.
I love squirrels too. But even though I live in the country, I don't see many anymore. My barn cats are better hunters than I had hoped. Or maybe (hopefully) they have just scared them away.
But I haven't seen a mouse in the barn in almost a month, so that's good. And they haven't tried to attack any chickens. In fact, one of them tries to rub against them.
It's funny because he usually gets pecked for his efforts.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Catch you tomorrow folks my second half has just walked through the door... It's family time... (and cat litter time too)

I must tell my missus that she should try opening the door first.

*adds wooden planks to DIY list*

Stay safe

Warmest

Lags

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join