It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Good morning beautiful Shedigans! Anyone seen the coffee?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

And then Errol took the floor
And the wit was snappy !

The mood in the shed lifted ... from ho-hum ... to happy !

The consensus never shifted

Although it got a bum wrap ..

Most said they loved it ..

Others lamented .. the sheer depth of the crap ... 😂

edit on 21-2-2017 by Timely because: 3rd grade spelling

edit on 21-2-2017 by Timely because: Boredom (3rd grade )

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
If zazz and Augustus were Flatmates.

I'm not injured enough in that photo.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Lagomorphe

...and we're not supposed to actually use physical violence against them... right? (The kid in the cookie video!)

NO...

Just teach them cricket *coughs*

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

NO...

What's Cricket? (I'm Scottish...)
Is that like rounders only back & forward?

G

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

NO...

What's Cricket? (I'm Scottish...)
Is that like rounders only back & forward?

G

As long as you have a wooden bat... *coughs*

If any wants a good giggle check my last thread out

Warmest

Lags
edit on 21-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hello Jacy, Timely, Lag, Tom, Jess,Gordi and whoever shows up today!

I have to get dressed and ready to go out for the day. I'll be here for awhile yet though. Walks over like a zombie looking for coffee.

edit on 21-2-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Good morning Night!

I have made it my mission to make sure there are no empty coffee cups anywhere in the world! LOL!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good girl! We can't ever have empty coffee cups...ever!!!!!!

How are you today Sweetie?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm good. Everyone is convinced that I show up to work! I don't know who told them this lie but when I find them I'm going to box their ears. LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

LOL!

Sorry Hun, I had to get dressed and now I have to put my face on. I fed the cat and now have to feed my turtle and the fish. Be right back!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I have made it my mission to make sure there are no empty coffee cups anywhere in the world! LOL!

well, in that case, we could really use your help in this coffeeless household.

I guess I will grab some coffee from the gas station after Mini Shred is safely off to school.....

eta: oh yeah, good morning everybody
sorry, no coffee and all that......
edit on 21-2-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I have to put my face on

I love that you worded it that way. Paul makes fun of me for saying that. I always say I have to put on my face. LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Oh no! If Alaska was closer I would help! There can never be too much coffee!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi Shred. Mini shred LOL! Hope you got your coffee by now.

Jess, yes it is funny to men when we say we have to put our faces on. At my age it's rather high maintenance with everything. LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Time to go now my beautiful friends! Have a lovely day and see you all tonight!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good dafternooning Shedisans!

Hope you're having a wonderful day today, filled with joy and donuts.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hi Shred. Mini shred LOL! Hope you got your coffee by now.

Jess, yes it is funny to men when we say we have to put our faces on. At my age it's rather high maintenance with everything. LOL

Just got coffee.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Some light reading for the Shed today.

Link to all my story posts in Sheds 11, 12 and 13
(Shed 14) Page 6 - The Cipher
(Shed 14) Page 20 - Kaena Returns

Today's episode: As Good as a Death Sentence

Gaalen slept soundly, his soft breathing deep and rhythmic. Kaena lay awake, her mind spinning in circles. The Greatmoon was up high tonight, First Moon and Second Moon had both fallen below the horizon, bathing the room in purplish light that shined on Gaalen’s chest, gently rising and falling. She loved him more fully than anything else in her life. She knew his heart, and the pain he had been forced to endure.

At one time in her life, she had thought she wanted an estate, and a title, a handsome Lord to give her daughters to pass her legacy on to. But this world had taken that from her.

Kaena grew up on the Milaener Estate, just around the shore of Lake Naonn from Braeghe Estate. Their maarke was small compared to Braeghe Maarke, but it was old – older than Braeghe even. A Milaener had worked the land on the shores of Lake Naonn before Aavelae even kept records, long before Easaera, the first Queen of Aavelae, had carved a village called Avaanse out of the forests and bogs near the mouth of the Ash River. Milaeners were as Aavalaen as a family could get.

Lady Raea, her mother, had taken her to see the local Meioshi, Seeress Benna, when she was a teenager. She had been bitten by a kinnic as an adolescent, and had barely survived the resulting fever, convulsions, and seizures. However, by the time she was a teenager, her cycle was too short – only about twelve days, and her courses lasted a day, sometimes only hours. The Seeress had examined her, and done something with tamborae – Kaena remembered the strange warmth spreading through her whole body as Seeress Benna gently touched her belly over her womb. She pronounced as much as a death sentence that day. “I’m sorry, my Lady, your daughter will never bear children.” Kaena thought her world had ended.

Her mother had tried to console her, but it was hollow. Lady Raea changed that day. Kaena was no longer the hope of the House. She could not have children, so she would never produce a female heir to pass the title on to. Kaena knew she could get a husband, she had been certain of that. She was still a noble after all, and although she attached little importance to her appearance, she knew men did, and that if she tried, she could land just about any man she sought. It wouldn’t matter if she was barren, though, she would always take second place to one of her younger sisters who could produce a daughter.

She had gone out that afternoon into the heat of late Spring, unarmed, wearing a simple blue and white dress. There were ges’etaaken to the southeast. Her death would have been quick, with no loss of honor for her House. She remembered climbing to the small clearing on the high hill that marked the corner boundary between Braeghe Maarke and Milaener Maarke, hearing faint voices in the distance but paying them no mind. It had been a perfect evening, the Greatmoon rising as the sun set. The colors in the sky were unbelievable, and for a time, she just stood and watched, taking in her last moments. In the fading light, she sensed she was not alone. She turned, and there was her death, a slick black ges’etaaken, the gleaming black claws on its middle legs flexing and flashing, its eyes starting to shine in the dying light.

It circled her, growling and hissing at her. They were quick and vicious, but they didn’t let their prey linger on like gith-gesaarm. Death from a ges’etaaken was almost immediate. The creature began to settle, adjusting its hips for the lethal pounce at its prey. She stood still, watching, strangely calm.

Its ears had perked then, and it snapped its head to the side and hissed.

“Kaena! Everyone’s worried about you! What are you doing up…”

It was Gaalen. Always Gaalen.

“Kaena run!”

He hefted a short spear and attacked the ges’etaaken. “Gaalen no!”

But she couldn’t stop him. At sixteen, she couldn’t even fully control a kir yet. He stabbed the creature in one of its middle legs, then again in another shoulder, as it snapped and swiped at him. He was nimble and muscular, a beautiful young man two years older than she was, just coming into his full strength. The creature pounced and knocked him down, breaking the spear. She had screamed then, and that still upset her. What a weak thing to do, when Gaalen’s life was in danger. She was not that scared girl any longer.

He had kept his legs under it when it jumped him, keeping its claws away from his belly, which was how ges’etaaken usually attacked – slicing prey open with their middle claws, then finishing them off by tearing out their throats. He shoved hard and launched the snarling creature backward over his head into a tree. It was dazed for a moment, giving him time to roll into a crouch and pull his knife out. Then it came back at him and Kaena finally reacted. She might serve her House best through her death, but she refused to stand by and let that creature kill Gaalen, not when she was the reason he was up there in the first place. She found steel inside herself that night.

She picked up a thick fallen branch and ran toward it, trying to hit its skull but instead connecting with the spines on the back of its neck. It turned and swiped viciously at her, slicing deeply through her dress across her stomach and hip. It bared its fangs, growling and hissing horribly at her as she brandished her pathetic stick toward it, one hand pressed to her side. She would die honorably, at least, defending the one person she realized she actually did care about.

But there was Gaalen. Seizing the opportunity, he leaped onto its back, wrapping his arm around it with his hand under its jaw. With a savage yell, he yanked its head back and slit its throat with his belt knife, spraying her with blood that fountained out of its artery. It spasmed and thrashed as they both scrambled clear of its death throes.

edit on 2-21-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-21-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I think the technical term is "Shredite"?
If you bring them here... they will be Shredite the Shedite!

I'll get ma coat..... LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join