It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Then HOW can't you see?
Women DON'T need INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization any more.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Annee

Then HOW can't you see?
Women DON'T need INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization any more.

Those are your words and thinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

please, enlighten me, just what do you mean by INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization? does this mean we shouldn't be discussing the problems that seem to be confined to women? like, the gender based wage gap, the deadbeat dads, or god help us, the fact that we now live in a country that just elected a president that has admitted to assaulting women, something of which far too many women knows something about already having to life through their own experiences of sexual assault!
just what are you saying we don't need? you is it more like you want us to pretend that these problems just don't exist, and shut up about them... quit rocking the boat... defy ourselves, our own experiences and accept the lies you wish us to accept?

and tell me, when the christians are crying about their poor persecuted lives where they might have to issue a gay marriage license or bake a gay cake, or sell a women a prescription to birth control....
it that considered INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization also?

edit on 22-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Byrd,

Over the course of reading many of your posts, and in spite of ultimately disagreeing with so many of your positions, I've ended up developing a deep respect for you . . .

So . . . Please . . . Damn it Byrd . . . tell me you didn't wear one of the pink genital hats . . .

Well, either way I suppose, glad you made it through all that nonsense and you're well on your way home.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: cavtrooper7

please, enlighten me, just what do you mean by INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization? does this mean we shouldn't be discussing the problems that seem to be confined to women? like, the gender based wage gap, the deadbeat dads, or god help us, the fact that we now live in a country that just elected a president that has admitted to assaulting women, something of which far too many women knows something about already having to life through their own experiences of sexual assault!
just what are you saying we don't need? you is it more like you want us to pretend that these problems just don't exist, and shut up about them... quit rocking the boat... defy ourselves, our own experiences and accept the lies you wish us to accept?

and tell me, when the christians are crying about their poor persecuted lives where they might have to issue a gay marriage license or bake a gay cake, or sell a women a prescription to birth control....
it that considered INSTITUTIONALIZED victimization also?

Maybe just not be so partisanly selective, sheep-like, narcissistic, self-preserving, and easily led when it comes to 'Marching' about issues that matter to women. Takes the shine off the message.
edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
BTW - - Empowering to me means:

Sharing a powerful Energy.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

na... I don't think that is what he means...
and I don't think your description fits many of the women who were marching...
although I kind of see some of them fitting our new president... but, well, only time will tell if I am right.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

and tell me, when the christians are crying about their poor persecuted lives where they might have to issue a gay marriage license or bake a gay cake, or sell a women a prescription to birth control...

Odd how it always seems to come back to the evil Christians . . . One might start to wonder . . . nvm

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There is no single issue more important to women than the economic viability of the United States.

We have spent 60 some odd years pursuing wars abroad, and civil rights issues at home. We have allowed the garden that feeds us to grow weedy and unkempt. To all our disadvantage.

Today is the day of Labor. Labor is the issue that, all by itself, can bring down our nation. And Labor is the single most unrepresented element of the last 60 years.

While its important to find equity for all our citizens, that will never be possible with the diminishing returns we are all seeing in our bank accounts.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

well, in my case it's because I believe that a certain sect of christians have taken over the republican party, and is throwing more and more of their agenda into the party's adenda...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There is no single issue more important to women than the economic viability of the United States.

Thank you. And they would have us believe it is a threat to Roe v. Wade. That's how they herd them onto the Democratic Party plantation.
edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

well, in my case it's because I believe that a certain sect of christians have taken over the republican party, and is throwing more and more of their agenda into the party's adenda...

I think that's exactly what they want you to fret about. Call their bluff. Vote third party, next time.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it's not just a belief.

The amount of money spent to deny certain groups Equal Rights/Equal Treatment because of a belief - - - could feed millions.

And that's just one issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't relate to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We have spent 60 some odd years pursuing wars abroad, and civil rights issues at home. We have allowed the garden that feeds us to grow weedy and unkempt. To all our disadvantage.

Today is the day of Labor. Labor is the issue that, all by itself, can bring down our nation. And Labor is the single most unrepresented element of the last 60 years.

While its important to find equity for all our citizens, that will never be possible with the diminishing returns we are all seeing in our bank accounts.

Buy that man a beer.

So many of these issues are non-priorities in a time when people are struggling to just take care of the basics. Insisting that they are, whatever the intent, belittles the struggle for basics that so many people are faced with. Unemployed and under employed people need decent paying jobs and those of us who are fortunate enough to have one, need the government to quit taxing the ever loving snip out of us.

edit on 22-1-2017 by imwilliam because: spelling swear words

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

fair labor maybe... ya know the kind where you can work 40 hours and at least make a living wage for yourself. the kind where if you do a good job, and work a few years, you can be making enough to support yourself and a family. but, is that the kind that you are talking about or are you talking about the kind where you better buy a couple of cows to put out on you patio because you are suddenly expected to live the same kind of life at those in third world countries... which include having cows and chickens and gardens to provide you with a good portion of your needs because you certainly can't buy them with what you earn!

for every family that falls from being self supporting to gov't supported we are one step closer to losing our civil rights and becoming slaves. dependency is servitude!! and quite frankly I have watched the republicans demonize, criticize, and basically say tough sh...t to those who were struggling to cling onto the independence... while the democrats made excuses and just made the servitude easier for those who fell. and I don't see much of a difference in the trump supporters in that regard... they are just royally ticked off that their time to fall is quickly approaching. neither party is worth a dang and I doubt if trump will do much of anything except ensure that his economic class gets their share of the spoils. he's gonna bring jobs home, buy american, ya sure!! the jobs come home, the companies that are producing the products will have a choice, either gripe at the gov't about the higher wages they have to pay and con them into making that servitude even more easy for the workers, or increase the the cost of those products which will do absolutely no good either... sure they could eat the costs, and let it take a bit off their profits, maybe a bite off of the salaries of the ceos... but my bet is that they won't do that.

guess what I am saying is that even if trump does have our best interest at heart, I don't believe he can deliver.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

lol... what do you think I did this time??

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

although reproductive rights has a direct link to a families financial viability....doesn't it???

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Buy that man a beer.

So many of these issues are non-priorities in a time when people are struggling to just take care of the basics. Insisting that they are, whatever the intent, belittles the struggle for basics that so many people are faced with.

Don't agree. Existence is not living.

Should I just get back in the kitchen and make sure everyone's tummy is fed?

Reason to fight for personal life is just as important.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

lol... what do you think I did this time??

Oh, good. I shouldn't have assumed.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join