It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: MotherMayEye

although reproductive rights has a direct link to a families financial viability....doesn't it???

Absolutely. It's a settled matter though and not an issue to be held hostage on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Image is powerful, that's the message I hope Washington understood.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

FWIW, i get it. Some folks think words really matter. I don't. this is a disconnect I will not be able to bridge. My wife and I have talked about this for 21 years now, and its just not something I can do without severe cognitive dissonance. To me, politics is more about placating peoples emotions than actually doing something to positively govern. I'd do almost anything to inject a healthy dose of rationalism. Since business requires a balanced ledger, im hoping that we can at least get a reasonable facsimile of rationalism from Trump.

You remind me of my brother in law - and my sister :-)

Words versus action...

Meet me back here in four years - or two even. Let's see what's what. I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong - if I am. Promise

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

YES! Empowerment.

And energy force.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Don't agree. Existence is not living.

That just shows that you've reached a point where just "living" isn't a struggle for you. A lot of people haven't reached that point yet, a lot of them even though they're actually working. For those folks a lot of the "injustices" this "parade" was about just aren't priorities.

Should I just get back in the kitchen and make sure everyone's tummy is fed?

I don't know, you still remember how to cook? There are worse uses of your time.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

YES! Empowerment.

And energy force.

Yes, empowerment and they better watch their step.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Don't agree. Existence is not living.

That just shows that you've reached a point where just "living" isn't a struggle for you.

Not true. My situation is very precarious.

But, I chose it to basically save a child.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Congress and the House got the message and they are ******* bricks.

Time to follow up with emails and letters to your congressmen and representatives to hammer the message home.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Time to follow up with emails and letters to your congressmen and representatives to hammer the message home.

The follow-up part is my concern.

I hope other campaigns for involvement are created.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well it should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway, that's commendable.

And now Anne, if you'll excuse me, It's approaching this old man's bedtime and I've still got to get the dogs out.

Early to bed Early to Rise and all that . . .

Have a good night Anne

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I don't think that the left is as held hostage on that one issue as the christian right is though...
at one time on these boards, before the primaries, I was comparing trump to cruz...
I said something like if it's a choice between cruz and trump, I would probably vote for hillary because cruz scared the heck out of me.. but if it was hillary and trump, well, I could possibly go for trump... hillary was a bad choice for many reasons, not the least of which was the scathing hatred the right seems to have for her, weather deserving or not, didn't matter, since it was a sure sign that nothing would be accomplished with her in office. but then started taking a look at what trump was saying, his own words and actions... and well. I just don't hold out much hope with him..
but oh, those christian right though....lol.... his own words didn't matter, his actions didn't matter, to many he had a divine purpose to carry out in his presidency!! god's anointed!

no, I'm not held hostage on the issue of reproductive rights, but I am kind of a stickler when it comes to the separation of church and state!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

But the petition page may have been deleted!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Well it should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway, that's commendable.

And now Anne, if you'll excuse me, It's approaching this old man's bedtime and I've still got to get the dogs out.

Early to bed Early to Rise and all that . . .

Have a good night Anne

Would love to, but I have a living room full of 9 year old boys

Which is saying something, since the living room is about the size of a small closet. LOL

edit on 22-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

but I am kind of a stickler when it comes to the separation of church and state!

OH! Me too!

I'm old enough to have followed the backlash from the first prayer being outlawed in public school.

It's not really about religion, its about loss of power and control.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

People forget. Even women forget

We're looking at losing Planned Parenthood in this country. How do we find ourselves in this position?

I've been reading about all this - women in so many countries protesting to show solidarity with women in the United States

Just - wow

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

no, I'm not held hostage on the issue of reproductive rights, but I am kind of a stickler when it comes to the separation of church and state!

As an atheist, i feel the same way.

But i am not going to let then hold me hostage on that either. it's another settled matter.

ETA: Be the change you want to see.
edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

People forget. Even women forget

We're looking at losing Planned Parenthood in this country. How do we find ourselves in this position?

I've been reading about all this - women in so many countries protesting to show solidarity with women in the United States

Just - wow

Oh, I know. I have a 17 year old granddaughter. She hasn't a clue that the Rights to Equality she has today was fought for by women like me.

Mavis Leno has been fighting for women in Afghanistan since 1997. www.feminist.org...

Have you heard of the Women Only Villages in Africa? www.theguardian.com...

Unfortunately, in America we are still suppressed by the Fundamental Right. Many women in this group are subservient to men because they believe they are supposed to be according to God. They are also Pro-Life and anti-Planned Parenthood.

They are a detriment to Empowered Women.

Too many do not take seriously the power of the "Christian Lobby".

And here, once again, White Male Christians are in power.

YES!!!! We NEED this Global Women's March.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Byrd thank you for taking us on this adventure with you. Looking forward to your further insights and comments. (I noticed some women are referring to it as "The Resistance", which is not a misnomer, imo.

Let us know when you are home safely.

edit on 1/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I like that one.

I think Make America Great Again is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join