It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this world wide mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

Likewise, I have no sympathy for those so butt-hurt they bought a pink hat and showed up for their selfie to prove to social media that they totes stand strong on *insert latest purpose for the March.*

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I understand Women Empowering Women. After all I am 70. I came from a time before many of the rights women have today.

I understand a woman being Pro-Life for herself. I DO NOT understand any woman not supporting other women's Right of Choice for themselves.

I would also reject any woman trying to force her Pro-Life views on others.

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

It's not butt-hurt, it's just that millions of women don't agree with you and stand against your views, and the last thing they would want is your representation.

What? You're like a 22 year old guy. Currently residing in the UK.

I'm a 70 year old women, who's has actually fought for my Rights of Equality.

I support those women (and supporters) who are Marching. The rest can do what ever.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The end of it all: a lynchpin of his campaign was restoring jobs by renegotiating our trade deals. He barely waited 24 hours to act on this promise.

What he's done is a benefit to everyone below the top 2%. Im disinterested in lip service beyond entertainment value.

While Im not a Trump supporter....if he keeps that stuff up I absolutely will be. Because at the end of the day, while I love women and want them to be happy in general....i have to admit that no one is happy in a nation lacking prosperity. And that is what all the kind words of Obama and Clinton, not to mention the bombs of the Bushes and Reagan, got us.

If i get to laugh at his stupid remarks while he does stuff that is in our best interest, i don't see the problem with that.

FWIW, i get it. Some folks think words really matter. I don't. this is a disconnect I will not be able to bridge. My wife and I have talked about this for 21 years now, and its just not something I can do without severe cognitive dissonance. To me, politics is more about placating peoples emotions than actually doing something to positively govern. I'd do almost anything to inject a healthy dose of rationalism. Since business requires a balanced ledger, im hoping that we can at least get a reasonable facsimile of rationalism from Trump.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this world wide mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

Likewise, I have no sympathy for those so butt-hurt they bought a pink hat and showed up for their selfie to prove to social media that they totes stand strong on *insert latest purpose for the March.*

I still have no clue what your issue is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

well, when it comes to the pro-life issues, they don't really need our representation do they? I mean, they have a congress full of representatives just eager to make their views laws, a president that will probably sign them. along with a supreme court that just might tip in their favor in the next four years. I do believe they could have been there and having their voices heard on any number of other issues, but why would they protest the pro-life stance of the current regime... it's probably gonna give them more than any previous administration has?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I understand Women Empowering Women. After all I am 70. I came from a time before many of the rights women have today.

I understand a woman being Pro-Life for herself. I DO NOT understand any woman not supporting other women's Right of Choice for themselves.

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

It's not butt-hurt, it's just that millions of women don't agree with you and stand against your views, and the last thing they would want is your representation.

I support those women (and supporters) who are Marching. The rest can do what ever.

Lol, 22. You do realise there are women outside the US right? I have to actually ask because you feminists rarely give any focus to the women REALLY oppressed in the world.
I am just pointing out that millions of women all over the world can't abide what you stand for and don't want or need you to speak for them. You don't represent women as a group.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I still have no clue what your issue is.

It doesn't matter. I don't know how my issues became such a focus of this thread anyway. You don't have to have a clue. I am so ok with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, when it comes to the pro-life issues, they don't really need our representation do they? I mean, they have a congress full of representatives just eager to make their views laws, a president that will probably sign them. along with a supreme court that just might tip in their favor in the next four years. I do believe they could have been there and having their voices heard on any number of other issues, but why would they protest the pro-life stance of the current regime... it's probably gonna give them more than any previous administration has?

You are right. They don't.
So when you push your agendas, stop claiming it is for women. It's not. It is for an ideology.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Lol, 22.
I am just pointing out that millions of women all over the world can't abide what you stand for and don't want or need you to speak for them. You don't represent women as a group.

Woman need to empower Women. It's that simple.

Men and women are about 50/50 in world population.

Yet Men are still primarily in power. And unfortunately, many women still believe they are subservient to men. That's America, not a 3rd world country.

BUT, this march is not just about Women. It's about LGBT, and other minorities that will be affected by the thinking of this administration.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Lol, 22.

Yet Men are still primarily in power. And unfortunately, many women still believe they are subservient to men.

That's America, not a 3rd world country.

No they don't.
You've convinced yourself of that.
Some women are quite capable of empowering themselves. Some don't actually want to be empowered. Some want different things to you. Speak for yourself and stop trying to claim an entire gender of people.
I can tell you that the women in my life are fully empowered and I would not have it any other way. They did not need me to help them and they don't need you or any other woman. In fact, I can tell you, the very thought of a feminist trying to empower them would make them run for the hills.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd do almost anything to inject a healthy dose of rationalism. Since business requires a balanced ledger, im hoping that we can at least get a reasonable facsimile of rationalism from Trump.

Right, he's doing great so far!

I don't think insulting and pissing off the CIA is the act of a rational person...do you?
edit on 22-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am done in this conversation.

Moving on.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

DOUBT that,YOU'RE 70 any opinion is NOW now locked in.
Mrs Cavtrooper 7 WHOM isn't a coward, vicim or WEAK WOULD be HAPPY to explain it, but I'm the nice one and SHE is NOT.
YOU CAN'T run a MAN in a FAMILY?
Funny the BRIGHTER women have become EXPERTS in it...
edit on 22-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Pretty sad when liberal nut jobs like Maddona give a speech there, and make crystal clear terrorist threats against the President of the United States, and basically our government.

These left wing extremists are becoming more violent and unstable every single day. Hopefully the CIA is keeping an eye on them, and maybe more. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Annee

DOUBT that,YOU'RE 70 any opinion is NOW now locked in.

That's not true at all.

I'm more open to different ideas now then when I was younger.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

TPP.

all the other stuff I keep hearing is just how he talks, or words he uses. Im hearing nothing about any actions he has taken.

When he was elected only a fool would think he'd somehow find a way to be eloquent. Him saying stuff that pisses people off seems par for the course for Trump. Its expected from him.

And now that he has backed out of the TPP, he is the first president in my memory to actually do what he said he'd do. I notice Gitmo is still open, as a comparison to the prior president.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I have a problem with that notion. As nice as it sounds to feminists rolling off their tongues, it STILL implies women are braindead little things overall, who still need to be lead around by the nose by other women because they're too stupid to think for themselves. That's actually pretty damn insulting.

You empower yourself. Empowerment is an extension of you, not a commodity bestowed from someone else. Implying one woman must first grant another authority over themselves to make any choices is still being under someone's proverbial thumb and still implies being subservient to the movement ringleaders. I don't need your permission, no one does. All you've done is trade genitals, the control is still present.

No kidding, really? And here we thought women were a rarity.

Yet Men are still primarily in power. And unfortunately, many women still believe they are subservient to men. That's America, not a 3rd world country.

Does it cross no one's mind that this simply isn't a profession many women are interested in? Kind of like how nursing isn't a big draw for men, either. Doesn't strike their fancy much.

Similarly, does it cross no one's minds that there's this thing called religion that dictates a lot of what people cling to? Try telling a traditionally subservient Catholic woman to think & act like you. It ain't gonna happen because she thinks you're nuts and likes her life the way it is. That's her prerogative, and you don't get much say in it, no matter how stupid anyone thinks that mindset is.

BUT, this march is not just about Women. It's about LGBT, and other minorities that will be affected by the thinking of this administration.

No, the march was about women. The title of the march clearly says this much. Not really with any clear cut aim, but to get attention. Still, without purpose beyond that. The other causes added to the bullet point list just made them think they would seem less snake oil.
edit on 1/22/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

well, I am sorry, but when it comes to reproductive rights, the right to easily obtain birth control, the right to good healthcare for pregnant women.... that's something that not only will effect every women, but every person in a society!
so, it is a women's issue even if some women chose to consider it as not even a healthcare issue.

but, the march consisted of much more than just this one issue, didn't it? and I doubt if anyone agreed with everything that was said by the speakers at it. but, more than likely there wasn't anyone there that wasn't able to throw their support for a few issues at least.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I have a problem with that notion. As nice as it sounds to feminists rolling off their tongues, it STILL implies women are braindead little things overall, who still need to be lead around by the nose by other women because they're too stupid to think for themselves. That's actually pretty damn insulting.

That is your interpretation.

But, its not how I think.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Similarly, does it cross no one's minds that there's this thing called religion that dictates a lot of what people cling to? Try telling a traditionally subservient Catholic woman to think & act like you. It ain't gonna happen because she thinks you're nuts and likes her life the way it is. That's her prerogative, and you don't get much say in it, no matter how stupid anyone thinks that mindset is.

and yet those same religious men who are teaching and preaching that subservience for women have no problem telling women to just keep her legs crossed. it seems that they should either be not teaching that subservience or be telling men to keep their zippers zipped instead of blaming the women who they seem to want to be just the obedient servants of the men.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join