It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Some women got the message that they don't matter, at all.

Which women? They felt that they actually don't matter? Was it somehow a requirement for this Women's March to make all women feel like they matter? What would it take - to make all women feel like they matter?

What are we talking about here?

I expect she's referring to: Pro-Life Women Explain Why They’re Still Going to the Women’s March

But over the course of the past few days, several pro-life groups have been ousted as partners due to their position on abortion. Despite this, pro-life women tell The Daily Signal they’ll still attend the historic march. Watch the video to hear why. dailysignal.com...

No. I am referring to pro-choice women like myself who weren't swooned by Obama and who aren't fooled by this empty gathering of women for women's rights.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Which women? They felt that they actually don't matter? Was it somehow a requirement for this Women's March to make all women feel like they matter? What would it take - to make all women feel like they matter?

I expect she's referring to: Pro-Life Women Explain Why They’re Still Going to the Women’s March

But over the course of the past few days, several pro-life groups have been ousted as partners due to their position on abortion. Despite this, pro-life women tell The Daily Signal they’ll still attend the historic march. Watch the video to hear why. dailysignal.com...

No. I am referring to pro-choice women like myself who weren't swooned by Obama and who aren't fooled by this empty gathering of women for women's rights.

It is not just about Women.

Maybe check out all the LGBT rights that happened under Obama.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's about Trump and fear of what could potentially happen in the worst case scenario.
That's all.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Me.

And, no, it wasn't a requirement but the broad 'Women's March' label was definitely not marketed as the huge overreach it was.

I told you what I personally need to see to feel 'included.' That doesn't mesh with the current agenda.

edit on 22-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And the real irony is that protesting over ones feelings is kind of anathema to the sentiments that drove Trumps victory.

Hold on to your socks Tex - because it's a double irony. Trump won because of people's hurt feelings, identity politics (because Trump supporters play that game too) and because they believed they didn't matter

The best I've seen is vague responses meant to make me feel stupid for not being aware enough to already know. Its the loudest echo in an echo chamber that has ever occurred.

Since I couldn't come up with anything concrete - I'm now hoping you don't think I was trying to make you feel stupid

You want my most straight forward answer? I'm not going to spend any time defending it today. I'm so not in that kind of mood

Trump doesn't care about this country. He doesn't care about any of us. Not even his own family. Trump is a fascist - and he's not done anything to convince me otherwise. He has a fragile ego and a need to punish people. This isn't based on my feelings - it's based on things he's actually said and done. Things that are verifiable

He won't change

It's not just me Tex - you can read this anywhere. Some people will say it point blank - like I just did. Some people will take the long way around. If it were only Trump - it would be bad enough. But, unfortunately - its not

You're waiting to see what he does. Many of us are trying to head him off at the pass before it's too late

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yeah, but Obama initially ran on an anti-gay marriage platform.

Yet the women on the left still swooned. He refused to march in any gay parade. Hillary did.

And the Obama-girls that *cough* marched for women, yesterday, still swooned for Dear Leader. Sir. Who took them from crayons to perfume...taught them right from wrong and weak from strong....blah.

As Sarah Palin once said to a moderator at a vice presidential debate: "Your question is whether or not I support gay marriage and my answer is the same as Obama's and Biden's, I do not."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Trump doesn't care about this country. He doesn't care about any of us. Not even his own family. Trump is a fascist - and he's not done anything to convince me otherwise. He has a fragile ego and a need to punish people. This isn't based on my feelings - it's based on things he's actually said and done. Things that are verifiable

In all due respect, those words aren't just lies...they're damn lies. Prove he doesn't care about his family. Prove he doesn't care about his country. Prove he's a fascist.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah uh huh sure, Trump doesn't care about his own family. Do you have any idea just how stupid that sounds? Nobody can take such irrational people seriously. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I had to go back and read.

Apparently, she feels Republican women aren't represented.

I'm not exactly sure what that means.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well, you didn't read very carefully because I am not a republican and said nothing of the sort. I am a lifelong Democrat who left the party in 2008, voted for Cynthia McKinney (Green Party) in 2008, and voted for Johnson in this election.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I voted for Obama because he said he was a methodical thinker.

Does a methodical thinker swoon?

I'm really not understanding what your issue is.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, you didn't read very carefully because I am not a republican and said nothing of the sort. I am a lifelong Democrat who left the party in 2008, voted for Cynthia McKinney (Green Party) in 2008, and voted for Johnson in this election.

Fine. Not in sync. Not on same wave length. Not connecting.

Removing self from this discussion within a discussion.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think you might be right Annee

The thing about this - they weren't ousted. They were dropped from the platform. Which - I'm not sure how you can have a Pro-choice and a Pro life platform?

Everyone was welcome. If that meant some would have had to compromise their beliefs, I can sincerely understand why they wouldn't attend

But that's not he same thing as going out of the way to make them feel unwelcome. I certainly wouldn't expect Pro Life women to allow me to superimpose my beliefs over theirs should they ever decide to have a march of their own. Even if they called it a women's march

Regardless - many Pro-life women decided to go. I saw their signs, so I know they were there. There were Christian women there, Muslim women. This was about more than our individual differences, and some women could see that

It was a women's march - but men were there - and all were welcome

“If you want to come to the march you are coming with the understanding that you respect a woman’s right to choose,” Linda Sarsour, a Brooklyn-born Palestinian-American Muslim racial justice and civil-rights activist, and one of four co-chairwomen of the march, said in an interview on Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

by any chance are you talking about this???

www.newsmax.com...

maybe it's just a subtle way for the women to say that they aren't gonna be cleaning up men's messes anymore...
or maybe they just figure that trump, like every other president before him will be sticking someone else to clean up his giant crapholes, so why not??

edit on 22-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm not going to prove anything to you - we both know that

They're not lies - that's how I see it. It's my opinion. You don't have to like it. I wouldn't expect you to. You don't understand why people are protesting? What could I say that would help you to understand?

He's your president now. He's the president of my country

He doesn't have my trust, or the trust of a many other people. Some of us will protest as a show of no confidence

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth

by any chance are you talking about this???

www.newsmax.com...

maybe it's just a subtle way for the women to say that they aren't gonna be cleaning up men's messes anymore...
or maybe they just figure that trump, like every other president before him will be sticking someone else to clean up his giant crapholes, so why not??

It was all over the place. I saw the crowds. Quite a lot of dirty hippy types.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I voted for Obama because he said he was a methodical thinker.

Does a methodical thinker swoon?

I'm really not understanding what your issue is.

Great.

Well, it's that precise non-understanding and unwillingness to understand that keeps me from appreciating this women's march.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not feeling much beyond meh & eye-rolling for this march. For starters, they named it VERY poorly. If it was sincerely intended to be about issues multiple groups face, not just women, then it should have been dubbed appropriately, such as a Peoples' March. Not Women's. You lose credibility right there, people see through that kind of transparent s#.

It was just a chick hissy fit march, with a few extra talking points added on way too late to really show anything other than "But it's not just about angry boobies and vaginas whining about whatever slightly sticks to the wall again, what about teh gayz! Seeeeeeeee? Believe us!"
No, what you did was add on other causes to try to make yours seem legit by association. This is called being a rebel without a cause. Fail. This garbage makes me embarrassed to be a woman in America.

I love a good sexist jab when it's earned. A disturbingly large amount of women have lost their sammich touch and need to spend time on that skill. At least it's outcome is useful.
edit on 1/22/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I understand Women Empowering Women. After all I am 70. I come from a time before many of the rights women have today.

I understand a woman being Pro-Life for herself. I DO NOT understand any woman not supporting other women's Right of Choice for themselves.

I would also reject any woman trying to force her Pro-Life views on others.

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this world wide mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I understand Women Empowering Women. After all I am 70. I came from a time before many of the rights women have today.

I understand a woman being Pro-Life for herself. I DO NOT understand any woman not supporting other women's Right of Choice for themselves.

I would also reject any woman trying to force her Pro-Life views on others.

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

I have no sympathy for any woman feeling butt-hurt (for who knows what reason) about this mass of Women (and supporters) marching in protest.

It's not butt-hurt, it's just that millions of women don't agree with you and stand against your views, and the last thing they would want is your representation.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join