It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Byrd

Added some photos of the crowds here.

Can we get some more of these videos?

I have been way too busy this weekend. In fact, I just woke up from passing out after 16 hours of running around the county trying to provide care for 4 different victims of assault, and after getting caught up in a lock down at one of the hospitals. So, I have not had the opportunity to see what has been going on in virtual land for a day or two.

Can't say I am sorry I missed this. I thought the real world was dramatic enough, but the level of insanity being displayed by the media is either directed or architectured.

With all the real problems we have, and have had for years, if a failed Presidential campaign is what has finally tipped the canoe, and the best we can do is sit around dispersing hate and calling each other names, than we have already been dropped back into the sand box. The only thing left for us to do is to wait for the real power brokers to come along and drop a chain link fence around us.

America is great alright. One great, huge, hot mess.

edit on 22-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

America is great alright. One great, huge, hot mess.

That is because the MSM is unfairly unbalanced on the issues. They have created two sets of people A victims group [Women,Minorities] and a villains group [White Middle Aged Males]

What happens is that nobody likes to be a victim or a Villain, hence the the hate,anger, and intolerance of differences we are seeing today to make that hot mess.

The reality is that no sex or color of people has clean hands when it comes to the social issues we face today.

People need to grow up on both sides and the Media needs to be exposed for the agenda they are pushing with no regards to the damage they are doing.

While I think this women march is more likely a political agenda driven event than an actual event for women rights (for reasons I have already stated), I would have a friendly beer and friendly discussion with any of those women and men at the march. I also wish them no harm.

However I'm not so sure that would be true the other way around, maybe I'm wrong?

edit on 46131America/ChicagoSun, 22 Jan 2017 23:46:58 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Bus arrived in Houston. Retrieved my car. Rolling on home to Dallas.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Drive safe Byrd. I35 is a real pain.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Drive careful.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

While we don't see eye to eye on this, Glad to see you and the rest of the ats crew who attended make it safely through it.

edit on 40131America/ChicagoSun, 22 Jan 2017 23:40:48 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Happy to hear.

Thanks to you and all who marched.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Annee

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

People forget. Even women forget

We're looking at losing Planned Parenthood in this country. How do we find ourselves in this position?

I've been reading about all this - women in so many countries protesting to show solidarity with women in the United States

Just - wow

May I remind you that Planned Parenthood is a private organization, not governmental. If it is "lost" it will be because there aren't enough people out there giving them the funding to support it. If these folks were really worried about "losing" Planned Parenthood why in the name of heaven didn't they spend the money that they spent on this "March" to help fund all their local chapters? That would have made an actual difference in the world, saving the environment of all the pollution this "March" caused and actually helping the very people the "marchers" claimed to be representing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Annee

Women NEED to stand strong for All Women - - even the ones they don't necessarily agree with. Women need to fight for themselves - - in every country. Women in America were imprisoned for fighting for their right to vote less then 100 years ago.

People forget. Even women forget

We're looking at losing Planned Parenthood in this country. How do we find ourselves in this position?

I've been reading about all this - women in so many countries protesting to show solidarity with women in the United States

Just - wow

May I remind you that Planned Parenthood is a private organization, not governmental.

It receives Federal Funding. Or it did.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

most of that funding is for services they give to medicaid and those qualified for title x programs...
gee, why don't we just drop those programs and insist on the healthcare providers to provide those services to the poor for free...
that is basically what you are saying. if you don't believe that the for profit hospitals and doctors would go for this, how can you believe planned parenthood would. if it is lost, it would be because too many of their patients are too poor to pay for the services they receive and planned parenthood doesn't want to send them away and they go broke trying to provide free healthcare to too many people.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Defunding Planned Parenthood makes us look more like a Wahabbi government than a Western government.

Something just stinks about a bunch of men getting together and deciding what is best for women (or vice versa). The whole reason diversity makes you stronger is because it keeps you from making mistakes like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: staticfl

Make sure you throw your signs away when done and not leave them on the street. You do care about the environment dont you?

Whatever.

Deal with it.

edit on 1/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

OK, Cool.
So, Trump will implement policies you don't like. To those on the march. Whatever. Deal with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

did you march?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, he will TRY to implement them.
He's not, actually, God. OR a King. You know how the royal "we" represents the regent (king or queen) AND GOD?

He's not the pope, either. He's a poser.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

My knee is broken, so I was unable. My daughter, her friends, and her fiance all marched. MANY of my friends, my real friends, marched. I called my Senators and Rep.

I wrote to my Senators regarding the nominees again this morning. And will continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Deal with it.

LOL!! Quite.
Uhhh...we are.
We did. FIVE MILLION of us went physically marching. TODAY is when we start flooding the phone lines and email boxes.

We will continue to deal with it in the manner most befitting our causes. Peace, civil rights, liberties, social support for ALL.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Well, well, well

UPDATE: Canadians, French & British Denied Entry to the United States to attend Protest March

Sounds like a perfect fake story for CNN to jump on !!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Is it good logic to justify one groups bad behavior based on the other group?

What about those of us not involved int he partisanship? Is it ok if i think both sides are atrocious for their trashing of their gathering places?

Is it supposed to be an echo chamber? Or is the goal to spread a message? Will people not in your partisan groupthink be willing to hear your message when you leave trash behind on that scale?

at some point, everyone is going to have to stop justifying their misdeeds with the misdeeds of those they oppose. Because to me, sitting on the outside, I think both groups looks ridiculous, petty, childish, and completely lacking any self accountability. WHich makes me wholly resistant to any message being attempted to share.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join