It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:
(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Gorsuch is front runner for supreme court pick....

freebeacon.com...
Very conservative.
edit on 23/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I do look rather silly in the hat, but I love it anyway.

...and so you should. If I had a daughter, I don't, and she made me something like that, I'd wear it, too. For the same reason. Good for you!!

*ahem*

Not to be that guy, but...

Pics, or it didn't happen

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I'm sorry but, that just isn't how it works. there's non-profit groups offering many different aspects of healthcare, like counseling, mental health services... and they draw in funds from the gov't for the services they deliver to the communities. and, yes, some of them receive medicaid and title x reimbursements just like planned parenthood is.

planned parenthood is just as likely to send those medicaid and title x patients away as they are to treat them though...
they aren't obligated to treat them!!! and, have you even checked out the services that your local health dept offers or are you just parroting what others say. I only ask because I've checked mine, and no, they don't offer quite a few services that are offered at the planned parenthood clinics. and considering that they only offer STD testing one day a week, and that is on a first come first serve basis...
I highly doubt if they could handle the extra workload that closing planned parenthood would bring to their doors!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I hope you got some nice pictures for Facebook because this march was otherwise a net loss for you and yours.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I wore the hat (yes, a pink pussyhat) that my daughter made for me . . . I do look rather silly in the hat, but I love it anyway.

Of course I knew people had their reasons for wearing the hats, but I'd have bet the rent no one could have come up with a "classy" reason for doing so . . . and yet here you've done exactly that. Colour me impressed, once again.

I hope your daughter's situation improves, Byrd, as well as your husbands.

Glad you're back home and safe.

edit on 23-1-2017 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

oh, the tax payers will still be paying the bulk of it, because the groups will make sure the word abortion is never mentioned by their workers.
not even when the be recommendation that they can give a women is abort the baby or you will die!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Bill o Reilly just ripped the march as a $90m funded and organised effort by Soros and members of the Democrat party.
Highlighted the crazy language of the celebs. When played back those celebs really did the protesters no favours. Some of the stuff they were saying was just madness.

I actually don't like O'Reilly but he reaches a large audience and those silly celebs gave him a lot of ammunition.
edit on 23/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Were I an organizer of such a march/protest, I'm thinking I would not invite any of these so called celebs to my event...

'course, given my leanings, though I am a registered democrat, I'm not sure how many would actually want to come.

Seems at times, there mouths outweigh any gain their presence may provide...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And continuing with the little trip report.

There were 52 people on the bus (along with luggage for five days - we followed suggestions and packed light so the bus' cargo area was not full.) Many brought signs. I thought about taking one along, and then decided that it probably would be a nuisance when I had to use my cane. It was a fairly mixed group - one man, one boy, Blacks, Whites, Orientals, Latinas, and bi-racial people (the young boy was among the bi-racials.)

Four of us were grandmothers; the rest were younger.

The trip opened with our film crew asking all of us (and broadcasting to the bus) who we were -- it was quite a diverse group and included two lawyers, a psychiatrist, a veteran of Afghanistan, nurse practitioner for cancer patients, an oilfield engineer, a female rapper with her own Youtube channel, teacher, substitute teacher, two student filmmakers, a psychotherapist, an education diagnostician (she works for the school, diagnosing learning problems), the daughter of a preacher... and a few other professions that I didn't manage to note.

And, of course, our reporter, Ma ggie Gordon, who traveled with us. (sadly, this is no longer free content.)

One strong theme emerged when I considered who was here and why they were -- we were not a cross-section of America, but the majority of us work (or worked) in or with low-income people or at-risk women.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: UKTruth

Were I an organizer of such a march/protest, I'm thinking I would not invite any of these so called celebs to my event...

'course, given my leanings, though I am a registered democrat, I'm not sure how many would actually want to come.

Seems at times, there mouths outweigh any gain their presence may provide...

That's my feeling too. The women protesting must surely know these spoiled rich people who will head back to their Hollywood mansions really don't care about the issues..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Yes, I've been to my local health department and yes, I know what services they offer. I also know that the people in our area don't depend on Planned Parenthood because they don't have an office in the area, the nearest being at least four hours away by car.
The local university also has health services that duplicate the local health department's services in the area of women's health. In addition we have a free clinic set up and funded by community members where those services are provided free of charge to people who have no insurance but don't qualify for Medicade. When funds run low for the clinic, we do fund-raising campaigns, we don't go begging from government for the simple reason that those funds can be cut at any time. Yes, it takes a bit of effort to raise the money but it's a cause that we feel is needed and worthwhile.
As I said earlier, if you want Planned Parenthood funded, go out and raise money to have it funded. It is a private organization and can stand or fall on its own.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Did you partake in any of the fun, such as;

Sucker punching people in the face
Setting women on fire
Breaking store windows
Breaking car windows
Dry humping camera people
Throwing trash on the ground
Spitting on people
Shoving people
Setting trash fires
Threatening and intimidating people

Because that's exactly what happened. What a shame, these riots make our country look like an absolute farce. One side didn't get what they wanted, so they react with violence. Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We need continuing marches.

There seems to be a war on women.

Have you been reading?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join