It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree - there are so many things that are used to divide the people. Whether you like Trump or not, he stood in front of the world and gave the establishment a dressing down and pledged to hand power back to the people.

But he didn't hand back power to the people, he gave it back to the corporations he campaigned against the neocons.

He didn't drain any swamp....

www.nytimes.com...

Your ideology is getting in the way of your common sense apparently; it's so sad, really really sad, believe me it's sad.

Oh good lord. A NYT article about cabinet picks /facepalm.
I prefer to wait to see what they do, like any sane person would.
We're even seeing it already - pulling out of TPP. Just like he said.

Disclaim the source...old number 19

Perhaps a little refresher

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trumps cabinet is not of "the people"

edit on 22-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If Trump had a vagina, they would have been forced to call the March what it was: "The March for Democratic Women who are Unhappy About Trump."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We are at the truck stop in Baton Rouge, and I have no idea how much longer it will be. Four hours, I think. We will have spent about 50 hours on this bus.

Story of our bus trip is told in part on the Houston Chronicle website. I would link, but it's not easy to do that on my phone. The story has some photos of some of the Marchers. No, I am not one of the ones pictured.

The filmmakers did capture interviews where we each told their stories both before and after the March. We signed releases, and I understand that they will be edited into one project that will tell our story. I encourage the filmmaker, who is finishing her degree in film after a lot of discouragement from her family wish her to go into a nursing career, to consider doing a series of documentaries on this. Many of the women have very interesting stories to tell, and a number of themes could be pulled out of the material.

Of course, that's just the Anthropologist talking. If I had the material she does, I would be spending well over three months just transcribing and coding it before attempting an analysis. Luckily, since I'm not doing a formal study, I can simply report my observations in an informal manner.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I agree - there are so many things that are used to divide the people. Whether you like Trump or not, he stood in front of the world and gave the establishment a dressing down and pledged to hand power back to the people.

But he didn't hand back power to the people, he gave it back to the corporations he campaigned against the neocons.

He didn't drain any swamp....

www.nytimes.com...

Your ideology is getting in the way of your common sense apparently; it's so sad, really really sad, believe me it's sad.

Oh good lord. A NYT article about cabinet picks /facepalm.
I prefer to wait to see what they do, like any sane person would.
We're even seeing it already - pulling out of TPP. Just like he said.

Disclaim the source...old number 19

Perhaps a little refresher

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Irrelevant.
I said I was waiting to see what they would do.
Claiming, after 48hrs, that Trump is not going to put the people first because he picked people for his cabinet that are not Average Joe's is an utter nonsense.
The source makes no such claim, which is wise.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If Trump had a vagina, they would have been forced to call the March what it was: "The March for Democratic Women who are Unhappy About Trump."

Bingo.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Nope. Everyone was not represented. You might like to think that, but many are totally opposed to the messages being put forth from the protests, including many women.

So? You yourself said that everybody doesn't see things the same way. What are you suggesting - that all events should try to include everyone - at all times

This doesn't sound like you UK :-)

Sorry - not going to play. If some women (and men) don't like the protests - they can bite me

They don't have to understand them. They don't have to like them, participate in them or write loving reviews

See?

We all good then?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Nope. Everyone was not represented. You might like to think that, but many are totally opposed to the messages being put forth from the protests, including many women.

So? You yourself said that everybody doesn't see things the same way. What are you suggesting - that all events should try to include everyone - at all times

This doesn't sound like you UK :-)

Sorry - not going to play. If some women (and men) don't like the protests - they can bite me

They don't have to understand them. They don't have to like them, participate in them or write loving reviews

See?

We all good then?

That was not the discussion we were having.

But, yes, I fully agree no event represents everyone.

edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

"The March for Democratic Women who are Unhappy About Trump."

I don't understand. Did you honestly think that this was a secret?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

That was great. LOL

George Washington Carver was also gay. I wonder if they include that in black history.

This "Women's" march is for him too.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

"The March for Democratic Women who are Unhappy About Trump."

I don't understand. Did you honestly think that this was a secret?

Check the thread. Supposedly this march was about women's issues, not just Democratic Party Women's issues and not just anti-Trump.

But, yeah, it wasn't a secret. Big as the event was, it was not inclusive to all women....no matter how it was billed. Some women got the message that they don't matter, at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Funny. But this was pure vomit on the day of a women's march I am supposed to think was meaningful:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Funny. But this was pure vomit on the day of a women's march I am supposed to think was meaningful:

Good lord, that is bad!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

It could rather, and does ignore others, so it was a daft thing to say. I wish you all well with your new president, I really, really do. I just hope that he doesn't give you all reason to regret voting him in.

Truth be told, we may need more than luck.

I know little of Trump on a professional level, so have no idea how he will conduct himself. I view his Tweets and outrageous comments as being similar to Biden: he lacks a filter and says stupid things. Although Biden is more lovable by exponential factors.

Im happy to laugh at his mendacity...but am actually more concerned with his actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Some women got the message that they don't matter, at all.

Which women? They felt that they actually don't matter? Was it somehow a requirement for this Women's March to make all women feel like they matter? What would it take - to make all women feel like they matter?

What are we talking about here?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If Trump had a vagina...

Would he grab it?

This is my 'sound of one hand clapping' question for the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Make sure you throw your signs away when done and not leave them on the street. You do care about the environment dont you?
edit on 22-1-2017 by staticfl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The rationalists wonder why "feeling like you matter" even matters at all.

And the real irony is that protesting over ones feelings is kind of anathema to the sentiments that drove Trumps victory.

What has bothered me most is that this event seemingly came out of nowhere, and any time I (or anyone I've seen) has asked what its all about, a straight answer is never forthcoming. The best I've seen is vague responses meant to make me feel stupid for not being aware enough to already know. Its the loudest echo in an echo chamber that has ever occurred.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Some women got the message that they don't matter, at all.

Which women? They felt that they actually don't matter? Was it somehow a requirement for this Women's March to make all women feel like they matter? What would it take - to make all women feel like they matter?

What are we talking about here?

I expect she's referring to: Pro-Life Women Explain Why They’re Still Going to the Women’s March

But over the course of the past few days, several pro-life groups have been ousted as partners due to their position on abortion. Despite this, pro-life women tell The Daily Signal they’ll still attend the historic march. Watch the video to hear why. dailysignal.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
a reply to: Byrd

Make sure you throw your signs away when done and not leave them on the street. You do care about the environment dont you?

Apparently many of the protesters, who cited environmental protection as one of their causes, did not feel the need to do anything more than just throw their rubbish on the floor and leave the city in a complete mess.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join