It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Perhaps you might begin by not projecting your issues onto everyone else

If you want to humble pie some sh!t - start with yourself

Trump did not happen because women ate their own - it's a simplification of this situation you want to use to make your point seem more relevant and more wise

Just be glad you didn't go there? No - thank you, I will be glad of other things. Your vote is up to you, but you don't get to use it as some kind of magical retroactive threat

I wrote: "Trump happened, in part, because women ate their own."

Why "in part?" Because I didn't want to oversimplify it.

I never threatened to vote for Trump even before the election, let alone retroactively. What a bizarre thing to say. I think you may be projecting some kind of manipulative quality in yourself on to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

MME...

I get what you are saying. I think much the same way (except for Donald....I trust him and believe in him.)

Some poster a page or two back said:

Gloria Steinem pointed out yesterday that this country is NOT Trump. This country is NOT congress. This country is what you saw yesterday.

These deaf and blind women don't even realize that that is exactly what Trump said at his inaugural speech.

Let me tell you something. Women in packs or herds get drunk on groupthink ideology. Let them enjoy their march. Then I hope each will have the "balls" to go home and listen and read the speeches DT has given where he has done nothing but uplift women, minorities, and all Americans.

He has a tough job to do where lawlessness has become rampant and out-of-control and where common sense immigration policies have been sorely lacking for the last couple of decades. This doesn't make him racist, nor does it make him islamaphobic. But, his words are there in his official policies and he stands by them. I stand by him.

MME, you know how to peel back layers and examine with intelligence and depth. Believe it or not, that's rare in a world where people are bombarded with media lies and groupthink hype. Stay true. Trust your natural intuition.
edit on 22-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Minor point: "Muslim" is not a race.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thanks for the words of encouragement, QOS. They are much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im sorry...im just not getting what everyone is protesting here?

I know Tex - and you speak for a lot of people

This is kind of an explanation of the great divide happening in this country, and what's got us all pitted against each other. We actually and in fact do not understand each other

You think this is just sour grapes. Many of us have lived through other elections where we've lost and lived under someone we didn't vote for. This is different

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I never threatened to vote for Trump even before the election, let alone retroactively. What a bizarre thing to say. I think you may be projecting some kind of manipulative quality in yourself on to me.

Well, you'll think what you want of course. Just be happy I didn't say something else

:-)

Out of here May - I wish things were different. Between us - and between folks in general

And thus - the March

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You think this is just sour grapes. Many of us have lived through other elections where we've lost and lived under someone we didn't vote for. This is different

Now, this I get. It was different for me, too, when Obama won the 2008 Democratic primary. I am sure it feels very similarly to how you feel about Trump winning.

It felt so different to me, in fact, that I have moved towards apathy about politics just to spare myself that kind of angst and hurt again.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Im sorry...im just not getting what everyone is protesting here?

I know Tex - and you speak for a lot of people

This is kind of an explanation of the great divide happening in this country, and what's got us all pitted against each other. We actually and in fact do not understand each other

Spira, if its different, then by God I say "Bully!"

But to the greater point: are you telling me that all these women can see the future? Enough so that they are willing to kick and scream on day 1?

I mean, i didn't like Obama either....but i was at least willing to judge him on his actions, and not my beliefs of what he might do.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What I find sad, really really sad, so sad believe me; Is that Trump had the fantastic opportunity to at least try to heal the divisions in America with just a little compassion to the women marchers. Something like "I respect your opinion and your right to express it and I will make an effort to represent all Americans, male, female, all races and creeds" but he didn't, his ego wouldn't let him.

These are his words....

Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

edit on 22-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Perhaps you might begin by not projecting your issues onto everyone else

If you want to humble pie some sh!t - start with yourself

Trump did not happen because women ate their own - it's a simplification of this situation you want to use to make your point seem more relevant and more wise

Just be glad you didn't go there? No - thank you, I will be glad of other things. Your vote is up to you, but you don't get to use it as some kind of magical retroactive threat

Sooner or later you will have to come to terms with the fact that nearly half the women in the country who voted, voted for Trump.
There is no women's movement. You don't represent women. You represent liberal women who share an ideology with liberal men.

Silly statements like 'women hating on women is stupid' carry no basis in reality. People hate people, people love people. Your projection to try and claim the female gender just because you are a female is nonsense. You are an individual and many, many women do not hold your views.

edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I find sad, really really sad, so sad believe me; Is that Trump had the fantastic opportunity to at least try to heal the divisions in America with just a little compassion to the women marchers. Something like "I respect your opinion and your right to express it and I will make an effort to represent all Americans, male, female, all races and creeds" but he didn't, his ego wouldn't let him.

These are his words....

Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.

He's exactly right. I prefer the truth, not some sugary words to make me feel better.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What I find sad are so many adults in such desperate need of validation gathered in one place.

Seriously, if we are looking to Trump to say nice, healing things, we are setting ourselves up for massive disappointment.

I have no idea what is being protested. Other than an inauguration, nothing has happened yet. It feels like when my wife has a dream about me doing something bad, and she still gets mad at me in the waking world. I didn't actually DO anything....so why all the fuss?

What has Trump done that is being protested?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

These are his words....

He's exactly right. I prefer the truth, not some sugary words to make me feel better.

Here's some truth and you need to accept it. Trump has pissed off the GOP so badly with his flipflops that they don't trust him and feel he is slipping into a very dangerous dementia. The women's march scared the Sh!t out of the congressmen and representatives. They want to keep their jobs .....and they realize their continued support of Donald just won't work in the coming elections two years from now.

It's his own fault. And this Russian deal is about to blow up and the GOP want nothing to do with it.
edit on 22-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I always thought Truth was facts.

Not what you agree with.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

For one thing, he has said he wants Roe v Wade repealed, and he has also said there should be a punishment for women who have abortions. There are a few women who don't like their President saying such things.

He has also said he wants things like the trans/bathroom issue and same-sex marriage to be decided by state. If he gets the ultra conservative justices in like he promises, this just might happen, which sets us back on the progress we've made so far. These affect a lot of people, including trans females and lesbian couples.

So no, he hasn't done these things yet, but why not get a jump on letting him know how they feel about it? Why wait until it's already done when it will be harder to change?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

These are his words....

Here's some truth and you need to accept it. Trump has pissed off the GOP so badly with his flipflops that they don't trust him and feel he is slipping into a very dangerous dementia. The women's march scared the Sh!t out of the congressmen and representatives. They want to keep their jobs .....and they realize their continued support of Donald just won't work in the coming elections two years from now.

It's his own fault. And this Russian deal is about to blow up and the GOP want's nothing to do with it.

That is not truth, it is speculation.
We'll see in the confirmation hearings how many Republicans are not with him. First test.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

PS: I'm 60 years old.
I marched with Gloria Steinem back in the day and am hardly new to the movement.
Just a little FYI

Wow! That's pretty amazing!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Valid points.

I have no idea what is being protested. Other than an inauguration, nothing has happened yet.

I think it's about what he has said he wants to do, with which people disagree, and these people are protesting to say "Hey, do NOT support what you plan to do. Listen to us."

Protests after the fact are futile; protesting to send the message "We do not want these things," that will hopefully be heard by the new POTUS.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

For one thing, he has said he wants Roe v Wade repealed, and he has also said there should be a punishment for women who have abortions. There are a few women who don't like their President saying such things.

He has also said he wants things like the trans/bathroom issue and same-sex marriage to be decided by state. If he gets the ultra conservative justices in like he promises, this just might happen, which sets us back on the progress we've made so far. These affect a lot of people, including trans females and lesbian couples.

So no, he hasn't done these things yet, but why not get a jump on letting him know how they feel about it? Why wait until it's already done when it will be harder to change?

No he did not say he wants Roe vs. Wade repealed.
edition.cnn.com...
He said if it was repealed it would 'go back to the States'.

The 'punishment' for women who had abortions was a hypothetical if it were illegal. It was an obvious and correct answer. If people break the law they should be punished. Period.

He doesn't seem to care about bathrooms. Happily.

You have emphasised the dangers of hysteria. You were protesting against a straw man argument.

edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He has said that he is against abortion and thinks it should be illegal. That is one of the prime reasons he said he wants to put in super conservative justices on the Supreme Court.

He has said that he thinks the bathroom issue should be decided by state. Laws that discriminate should NOT be decided by state.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join