It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: tridentblue
Then of course, he picked Mike Pence for a running mate. He was probably just lying to the evangelicals. It's a thing with GOP politicians.

Pence is Trump's life insurance. Ain't nobody going to hurt Trump with Pence lingering around. Heck... I'd probably take a bullet for Trump and I can't stand the guy.

With all Trump's flip-flopping, I was thinking just the opposite and that crazy people would want Pence.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think deep down you just can't stand having judges that are not elected.

?????

Maybe you should check the post that I was responding to. Supreme Court Judges are NOT there to decide what MOST people think is normal. They're there to determine the constitutionality of what's before them.

I never claimed that there weren't "activist" judges or judges can't have an opinion. But, we don't appoint judges on the basis that they'll overrule judicial rulings because it's rejected by someone's religious dogma. That, in and of itself would be unconstitutional.

If Trump tries to appoint judges that will be political activists for a select group's point of view, it would be within the purview of Congress to reject those nominees.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I said most.

You cannot equate inter-racial marriage to gay marriage. That dog don't hunt, and the argument is one that's been gone over many, many times.

But if it makes you feel better to think what you think ... whatever.

My mixed marriage thanks you for your bigoted assumptions.

Seriously? This dog hunts all day. How does two men or two women being married affect your life in any way? If it makes you feel any better, the mother of my children is half mexican, and my grown ass son has been stopped and asked for his papers. He graduated Bishop Ward High School and Rockhurst. My daughter has been spared as she has my fair complexion, green eyes, and my mothers blonde hair. How does gay marriage affect your life, it affects mine in no way.

Our culture and language have been affected, which affects our lives. Negatively, in my opinion.

Please explain how your culture has been affected, language I understand, FAGGOT is no longer an acceptable term.

Because language has been redefined in some people's minds. That's one.

Because the line than maintains a distinction between what a man is and what a woman is has been made less distinct. That's another.

Because our next generation thinks it can change the rules if it whines and moans and bitches enough, even though it is in the minority. That's a third and it's major. Just look at the Trump protests. Those snowflakes think they can pout enough to change the Constitution.

Also, NIGGER is not an acceptable term but it sure shows up in songs and Tarantino movies a lot.

I woke up this morning, had to pee, grabbed my junk, yeah I am a man. I am sure my wife went through the same process. I don't think anything has changed.

Peace full protests is what started this country, there has only been a couple of places with violence.

Nigger shows up in a lot of places, in rap music it usually shows up as nigga, apparently there is a big difference. I am caucasion, so may not understand all of the nuances.

WHY DOES TWO MEN BEING MARRIED AFFECT YOUR LIFE IF YOU ARE NOT GAY, I don't get it.

It is slightly off topic, but I would like to give a couple of brief reasons why religious people should be for gay marriage.

First "Render unto ceaser that which is ceasers" The law has never been in the business of legislating sin or the elimination of it. So if you believe homosexuality is a sin, it is not the job of our government to outlaw it. For example, you may also think adultery is a sin, but the government shouldn't make laws outlawing it. Humans aren't good enough to eliminate sin. So leave it in Gods hands. By attempting to makes laws in this manner, it would lead to specific denominations making other illegal and other such craziness.

To me, to be a Christian simply means to be Christ like. Jesus certainly though things like robbery or prostitution was sins, but how did he treat these people? he treated them with love, and he washed their feet and lowered himself before them. So religious people should follow this examples; its not for any of us on earth to judge sin, its for God.

The second reason is that gay marriage to me pragmatically makes sense. If you think it is a sin, you probably also think that relations outside of marriage are also a sin. The fact that gay people care enough about the video of a loving monogamous relationship, and value the institution of marriage so much shows that they should have the right to it to a religious person. So wouldn't being in a monogamous gay marriage be less of a sin than being gay and not married?

One of the biggest problems we have is people not growing up in two parent households. I think that gay people that want to get married and start a family are great, we should have more people that value the institution of marriage so much.

I am going to leave this here for a moment, have to work in the morning. This is an awesome post and I want to be able to come back and respond.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thank you, I am not sure of the way to solve these problems, have some ideas. I am honestly thinking of a beer summit of all of the 50 folks left in the US with some common sense.

How come the people who claim to have the most common sense turn out to be the ones with the most irrational beliefs?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Doesn't sound promising or even real that he was asked.

Trump outreach to Dimon for Treasury job may fall on deaf ears

However, Dimon has said as recently as September that he would not want a role as Treasury Secretary.

If he holds to that, it could put him and JPMorgan in an awkward position.

Saying "no" to a presidential request to join the cabinet is unusual, and the bank would then be overseen by appointees from an administration Dimon rejected.

Even so, his associates do not expect Dimon to say "yes."

And then there is this little gem.

Dimon has said his determination to act would make it hard to make political compromises.

Talking before an audience in September, he said the only job in government he would want is the one Trump is about to get. "I would love to be president of the United States of America," Dimon told the Economic Club of Washington.

"Until Donald Trump got to where he was, they said you'll never see a rich businessman who's never been in politics be president. I clearly was wrong about that."

www.reuters.com...

It sounds very rumory.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Then of course, he picked Mike Pence for a running mate. He was probably just lying to the evangelicals. It's a thing with GOP politicians.

Pence is Trump's life insurance. Ain't nobody going to hurt Trump with Pence lingering around. Heck... I'd probably take a bullet for Trump and I can't stand the guy.

With all Trump's flip-flopping, I was thinking just the opposite and that crazy people would want Pence.

Well yeah... I guess I was thinking it was his protection from the left. But I suppose a dissatisfied right-wing evangelical might prefer Pence. Hadn't thought about that.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thank you, I am not sure of the way to solve these problems, have some ideas. I am honestly thinking of a beer summit of all of the 50 folks left in the US with some common sense.

How come the people who claim to have the most common sense turn out to be the ones with the most irrational beliefs?

I cannot honestly answer that question. The whiskey in me has been great tonight, and tomorrow will be a brand new day.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well yeah... I guess I was thinking it was his protection from the left. But I suppose a dissatisfied right-wing evangelical might prefer Pence. Hadn't thought about that.

They would of course BLAME it on the left.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Middle of February:

Brody File Exclusive: Donald Trump Tells Evangelicals They Can Trust Him On Traditional Marriage

David Brody: “The head of the Log Cabin Republicans, the gay republican group says that Donald Trump will be the most pro-gay republican presidential candidate that we have out there. I want to get your take on what he said.”

Donald Trump: “Well I haven’t heard. I have not heard that at all.”

David Brody: “Well, what’s your reaction that because there are evangelicals out there that want to be able to trust you on traditional marriage and other issues.

Donald Trump: “I think they can trust me. They can trust me on traditional marriage. I was very much in favor of having the court rule that it goes to states and let the states decide. And that was a shocking decision for you and for me and for a lot of other people. But I was very much in favor of letting the states decide.

That is a really good post. He says everything to get elected but when a Democrat does it they go ballistic. How many times did we hear Republicans go apoplectic calling Bill Clinton a flip-flopper.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Annee

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

Here's your Christian. Perfectly legal in Tennessee.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

and I have no doubt if you could, you would refuse christians service as well
Fundamentalism cant be helped, sadly

"Amyx feels what he does with his store is his right. He'll still sell to gay customers as long as they "behave" and keep their opinions to themselves."

Why would I refuse service to a Fundamentalist?

I did throw one out of my business once though. He seemed to think I should donate my services, to him, in the name of God

He didn't behave.

The one thing that bothers me most is listening to a fundamentalist like you berating fundamentalists in Tennessee
The problem is in the mirror dear girl and you dont make it any better, spewing your version of hate is no different.
Please wake up.

You are the one who sung the virtuous Christian's song. Some are, but many are not. Your pedestal is dented.

Where exactly did I hate?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

Here's your Christian. Perfectly legal in Tennessee.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

and I have no doubt if you could, you would refuse christians service as well
Fundamentalism cant be helped, sadly

"Amyx feels what he does with his store is his right. He'll still sell to gay customers as long as they "behave" and keep their opinions to themselves."

Why would I refuse service to a Fundamentalist?

I did throw one out of my business once though. He seemed to think I should donate my services, to him, in the name of God

He didn't behave.

The one thing that bothers me most is listening to a fundamentalist like you berating fundamentalists in Tennessee
The problem is in the mirror dear girl and you dont make it any better, spewing your version of hate is no different.
Please wake up.

You are the one who sung the virtuous Christian's song. Some are, but many are not. Your pedestal is dented.

I like your point of view Annie. How is it when you fight intolerance they always try to flip it around. So unless you accept their intolerance then you being hateful because you will not allow them to hate in peace. Oh the irony of it all. And add Jesus Christ on top!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think God is woman anyway. My evidence for this is no man could ever create something so beautiful as a woman.

Do you think worshiping a male God makes you sort of gay in way?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The Fuhrer wants STIMULUS! Get it done or you're fired!

Stop. I am looking for substantive, profound conversation & debate when I lift my voice anywhere. I've been hit in the heart, too hard, by politics in my life.
Disagree with me, debate me...but offer me more profound thought than this.

First of all your avatar pic is awesome! I stared at for a couple of minutes.

Second, if you are taking anything that has to do with politics as a hit the heart, you will never be well. There is nothing more base, degrading, and the lowest of the low than politics. Which is why I think churches getting involved in politics has ruined religion in this country. How can anyone let something so low and degrading be allowed to defile the church. Politics are the antithesis all that is sacred and holy.

Are you looking for debate? Well, there is no debate in politics either. Everything in politics is an opinion. There are no facts. No position is ever wrong. There are no lies. There are only opinions. Unless you are a Republican. If you are a Republican then all your opinions are automatically facts.

We all take it to heart if we invest in a party or candidate. I am no lesser for admitting my politics have an impact on my heart.

What I will not do is say that Republicans are the only ones that believe only their opinions matter and are so fabulous that they should be elevated to fact-status. That happens all the time on the left, too.

If you want to seriously take me up on a conversation about politics, leave that narrow thinking at the door. I will listen to you if you do not try to paint your opposition as less than what they really are.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

I do wish both sides could tone down the rhetoric.

Keep in mind, plenty of the "left" voted for Trump, as evidenced by what happened among blue collar workers in the rust belt.

Also, I assure you, the vast majority of those on the left are quite pleased to hear him speak out in favor of gay marriage.

And his recent statements indicating he might not end up deporting all the illegals who are here on day one (especially the ones who have families here, and children who have never known anything but America): most of the left is pleased to hear those things too.

Fvck yeah.

Trump's a closet social liberal. I hope he is a liar and breaks many divisive campaign promises.

I've been counting on it.

Please, oh please, let Trump want to be a president that will go down in history as fabulous.

It may take some time to shake the overlord puppetmasters, but I hope that damn ego of his drives him to succeed instead of fail in keeping sh*tty campaign promises.

I think most people voted for him because of his stated views on ending government corruption and exposing media collusion anyway...they weren't really drawn to the divisive rhetoric. No reason to stick to that crap. That's my highest hopes, anyway, and I give them freely to Trump...my highest hopes and open mind.
edit on 13-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hillary's campaign paid people to disrupt Trumps campaign speeches.

I get it, Hillary was really rough with you Republicans. Stop whining about how tough she was during the campaign. Get over it, you won.

The liberals have been vanquished. The Republicans now control the entire government. So when the next cycle comes around you will have no one to blame for all the bad government policies than your own party.

I actually consider my self a Democrat, I voted almost all democrat on my ballot. But I did not think that Hillary would be good for this country so I chose Trump. If Berney would have been on the ballot, I would have voted for him hands down.

Saying things when you have no idea how a person thinks is not a wise thing to do. I disliked Hillary more than Trump. Now, look what Hillary's followers are doing after she lost, they are whining and protesting and trying to alter the legal way things work. Her campaign made the people like this. I like her less now than before she lost. She created a monster.

Sorry, but that is the way I feel. Let go of this, it is not healthy to dwell on stuff like this and it is not doing our country any good when it is divided by something so stupid as a political race. Hillary conceded and said that we should be united behind the new president, but the monster her people created has a mind of it's own. It is just an election between two candidates that the parties picked to run. Worry about your own well being, not the politicians.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Please, oh please, let Trump want to be a president that will go down in history as fabulous.

Of course anyone can do better than Obama and Hillary, so the bar is set low.

Apparently Hillary supporters are the violent ones that can't accept the results. Hmmm.

edit on 13-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
He is picking his battles, and that is one that has already been decided, but it's interesting that for many of the more controversial points of contention, his perspective is the same as Ron Paul, back to the State level, if you don't like what they do, get involved and change it, or move to a state that is doing what you like.

If every state can decide big issues like the death penalty, then Trump is totally right.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's good news!

YAY for freedom!

By next week Trump will probably say he's okay with making pot legal! That would really be over the top!

That would actually calm a lot of people down pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Why would I sing it to someone who hates christianity and Christ, that would be stupid

I am a firm believer that there is no point preaching my beliefs to you and other fundamentalist of kind

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The left doesn't seem to understand the difference between respecting people's rights, including the LGBT community, and using issues like LGBT to encroach, and destroy church values still held by a large percentage of the population. Forcing people to accept your views is NEVER ok. People have a right to their own views and values, and no one and for no reason is it ok to destroy values and beliefs held by others.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join