It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Considering Jamie Dixon to be treasury secretary made me think Hillary actually won the election. And now this:

"As for same-sex marriage, Trump said after the Supreme Court ruling last year it’s the law of the land -- and that he is “fine” with that being the case.

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law,” he said. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done … these cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And-- I th-- I’m-- I’m fine with that.”

That's at least two major flip-flops in 4 days. I told you he was a social liberal. He's going to turn out to be further to the left than Hillary. Hillary is a Nixon Republican. Trump is from New Jersey. Everyone from New Jersey is a social liberal. Trump's entire family is a bunch of social liberals. This presidency is going to make really good poltical theater.
edit on 13-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Nov 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE IS NEEDED

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Trump came out for LGBT early and loud, in a speech before a group of Republicans. This is part of his new coalition. You have to realize, this is a guy who won because he brought in a bunch of new people to the Republican base.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-11-2016 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Considering Jamie Dixon to be treasury secretary made me think Hillary actually won the election. And now this:

"As for same-sex marriage, Trump said after the Supreme Court ruling last year it’s the law of the land -- and that he is “fine” with that being the case.

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law,” he said. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done … these cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And-- I th-- I’m-- I’m fine with that.”

That's at least two major flip-flops in 4 days. I told you he was a social liberal. He's going to turn out to be further to the left than Hillary. Hillary is a Nixon Republican. Trump is from New Jersey. Everyone from New Jersey is a social liberal. Trump's entire family is a bunch of social liberals. This presidency is going to make really good poltical theater.

Hate to break it to you but guess what? Politicians lie! Surprise!! Bet you didnt know that. Yep from what I hear they do it all the freakin time. Crazy right? Oh well gotta get back to work I got bills to pay.

And the beat goes on.....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I was hoping his narcissism would kick in again. He's got a new crowd to play for and appease.

This might get kind fun.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That's good news!

YAY for freedom!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When I voted for him, I wasn't voting on gay marriage.

I was voting to protect my freedom to live and practice my religion. That can be done alongside gays having what they call marriage. That case and argument have existed since the beginning, but the steady encroachment of gays into more and more areas of a person's life where they live their faith has been alarming.

THings like the proposed speech codes in Iowa. Those would have classified even churches as "public accommodation" forcing pastors to have to be PC from the pulpit and opening restroom facilities in defiance of religious belief.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I was hoping his narcissism would kick in again. He's got a new crowd to play for and appease.

This might get kind fun.

Yes, it might because y'all might discover that he's not actually the supreme evil boogeyman you've all been having the vapors over and might have to eat some juicy crow.

What part of --- HE'S NOT A SOC-CON were you missing?

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's good news!

YAY for freedom!

By next week Trump will probably say he's okay with making pot legal! That would really be over the top!

link   
A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

I still kind of shocked the right actually believe his conservative positions.

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Is there some reason people try to imagine campaign promises so they can say Trump broke them?

Exactly when did Trump promise to end gay marriage?

Here's an idea... how about waiting until he breaks one to start accusing him? Might be more... oh, I don't know... believable?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm good with that as well.

What may be shocking to the leftists here is that just because I voted/supported Trump. . . I didn't agree with everything he initially stated.

As a liberal, I couldn't be happier.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hey if that brings part of the gop to the 21st century it would be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

A Party that respects the social conservatives as much as it does anyone else is what this country needs. Just because you may not be socially conservative doesn't mean there aren't a LOT of them out there, and there is nothing that says their lifestyle is any more or less valid than anyone else's.

Just because you may view it as old-fashioned and not hip doesn't mean it deserves to be destroyed anymore than your brand of lifestyle, especially since you tend to become more and more socially conservative as you age and start to learn why some things are valued.

The point is that policies are needed that encourage people to give each other space to be, not to trample over each other.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

Quoting for truth.

I think that's where many conservatives are in their thinking.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

When did he ever say he was against gays or gay marriages?
Quite the opposite.

This has been a major problem with the MSM.
The MSM are the ones who have been lying to you, not Trump.

Donald Trump holds high the flag for gay equality

Republican Presidential nominee Donald J. Trump made history Sunday and the political media barely noticed. Or maybe they did see it - but since it didn’t fit the narrative of what a Republican is supposed to look like they decided to ignore it.

On Sunday, at a rally in Colorado, Mr. Trump proudly held up a rainbow flag with the words “LGBT for Trump” written on it to a cheering crowd of thousands. It was an historic moment for gay equality and the Party of Lincoln as the 2016 GOP nominee for President of the United States held high the flag for gay equality. No other Republican Presidential nominee in history has embraced the LGBT community in such a loud and proud way.

And yet, the moment was barely reported by the media despite the fact it happened in front of the traveling press corps accompanying Mr. Trump. Political reporters, not unsurprising, largely failed to write on the moment where a Republican challenged their negative media stereotype.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Abysha

This might get kind fun.

Yes, it might because y'all might discover that he's not actually the supreme evil boogeyman you've all been having the vapors over and might have to eat some juicy crow.

What part of --- HE'S NOT A SOC-CON were you missing?

I hope every word you just typed is 100% true. If so, I will eat two crows. I'll even make eye contact as I do it, if you're into it.

Seriously though, I hope you're soooo damned right.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I've always held the belief that the best president would be one that is a mix of the best ideals from the democratic,republican and libertarian parties. Balance is the key to success for this country, leaning too far left or right only alienates one side or the other. If Trump can be that president i'm all for him. Let's hope he is.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am worried about him appointing wall st insiders in his admin.

But gay marriage. I am glad he is for it, and as others have said, he never said he would be against it.

The funny thing the left Main stream media (you know those folks that showed us all just how credible they were in this election) are reporting these stories like this, and allowing people with pre existing conditions to keep health care as rejecting campaign promises (which they are not).

However, they continue to spew forth how dangerous Trump will be for LGBT people and other groups. You would think they might say "Geez, maybe this shows he is not the Hitler like monster we made him out to be".

But lets be honest, they have no interest in having fair coverage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join