It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

Here's your Christian. Perfectly legal in Tennessee.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

edit on 13-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Grambler
I am worried about him appointing wall st insiders in his admin.

But gay marriage. I am glad he is for it, and as others have said, he never said he would be against it.

The funny thing the left Main stream media (you know those folks that showed us all just how credible they were in this election) are reporting these stories like this, and allowing people with pre existing conditions to keep health care as rejecting campaign promises (which they are not).

However, they continue to spew forth how dangerous Trump will be for LGBT people and other groups. You would think they might say "Geez, maybe this shows he is not the Hitler like monster we made him out to be".

But lets be honest, they have no interest in having fair coverage.

His appointments scare me..except the fact he has them all on a leash...

I think he rolls out big inferstructure and spending packages, raises min wage and does a single payer option..

I just don't know if he will care enough to babysit the appointments

It's not like he has a history of being a hot head who fires the people he appoints.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

There are passages in scripture that gays will consider "hate" speech. If a gay decides to go into a church in Iowa and hears a sermon about marriage which is preached traditionally, even if it is talking about divorce and not about gay marriage at all, that gay could feel uncomfortable and complain to the Iowa civil rights people who could force penalties on the church. This is because of how they defined various accommodations.

There was enough outcry that they walked back this "code," but these are the things that are being tried.

Remember the mayor who tried to subpoena the sermons being preached in the churches calling them political speech?

If people cannot feel free to live and practice their own faith inside their own places of worship, then where are they supposed to do it?

This is the kind of encroachment that had even the Amish apparently out voting for Trump.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: sooth
A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

That is why I voted for him as a liberal.. he guarantees the death of conservatism.

Nice.

Hillary gets NoTHING PASSED CONGRESS.. he has them all punked though..
edit on 13-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Raggedyman

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

Here's your Christian. Perfectly legal in Tennessee.

WASHBURN, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message on its front door: "No gays allowed." Jeff Amyx, owner of Amyx Hardware and Roofing Supplies, put that message up on his store's door Monday. He says he was fed up with all of the positive feedback following Friday's Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. He wants gay customers to know they are not welcome. "I don't want them around me. Because their lifestyle is what I disagree with. People say 'you need to accept them, you need to accept them.' I don't have to," he says. www.local8now.com...

Why is it that the people who are the most concerned about morality turn out the be the ones who are the most immoral? I guess it's for the same reason why the people who claim they worship a God of love have nothing but hate in their hearts.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There are passages in scripture that gays will consider "hate" speech. If a gay decides to go into a church in Iowa and hears a sermon about marriage which is preached traditionally, even if it is talking about divorce and not about gay marriage at all, that gay could feel uncomfortable and complain to the Iowa civil rights people who could force penalties on the church. This is because of how they defined various accommodations.

There was enough outcry that they walked back this "code," but these are the things that are being tried.

Remember the mayor who tried to subpoena the sermons being preached in the churches calling them political speech?

If people cannot feel free to live and practice their own faith inside their own places of worship, then where are they supposed to do it?

This is the kind of encroachment that had even the Amish apparently out voting for Trump.

Saying your god will kidnap some ones soul and torture it for all eternity could rightfully be considered hate speech.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe he's listening to the voices of the people who are out there protesting, and stinging from his 59% downturn in hotel business after global boycotts. Any changes that he willingly makes now will be better respected than having to blame Hillary for failing to fulfill his campaign promises later.

Why do you care?

If I like the postions that Trump ends up pushing for, I don't cae why he is doing them. Rather he pushes for everyday working people because he is a great person that wants the best for them, or he is an arrogant piece of crap that just wants to win, as long as it helps the people, what do I care?

So why don't you feel the same way. You here Trump is for one of the positions you are for (at least I am assuming you are for gay marriage) and instead of being happy for that, you use it to attack him.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: sooth
A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

A Republican party without the Social conservative litmus test is just another bunch of democrats.

LOL!! So true.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Being from Massachusetts, I was truly amazed that this state, (who voted for Hillary), where a once conservative attitude created the term "Banned in Boston"; made it legal by a substantial margin. So, I would say that yes, most likely the entire US will at least have his permission, but the states will still be the one's that make the local decision.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It could be, but then again, does anyone force you to go inside a church?

I think not.

And that's the thing. You want to enforce a manner of thought and speech on others that you, personally, find to be acceptable. It makes you every bit the tyrant that you want to accuse others of being.

I personally don't give a flying rat's @ss what you care to think or believe. You're welcome to it, but at least have the decency to keep yourself over there and stay out of my church and my life. What we think and believe means nothing to you and impacts you not, just like to gays saying they are married has zero impact on me ... until they come into my place of worship and tell me that my pastor can't teach a lesson on either marriage or divorce because the Bible uses "man and woman" which is hateful to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why do you care?

The protests and the boycotts seem to be working, and he's backing off from his bigoted and unrealistic campaign promises.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It not Jamie Dixon .....D-I-M-O-N.
This is the second thread / post with the wrong spelling.
The man is a criminal and thug.

Buck

edit on 13-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too damned old to do it right the first time

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Why do you care?

The protests and the boycotts seem to be working, and he's backing off from his bigoted and unrealistic campaign promises.

Can you source for me where he promised to end gay marriage?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Why do you care?

Can you source for me where he promised to end gay marriage?

We should bookmark this thread for when the kicking and screaming begins again over other things -- taxes, school choice, SCOTUS appointments, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Here's the first one that comes up on a search:

In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

We'll see if he still intends to throw the collective LGBT community under the federal bus, and see if he keeps good on his promise to rip up Obama's executive order protecting the LGBT community against discrimination by federal workers.
edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Indeed.

I, in particular, look forward to his inner city initiatives, where he will likely help those communities more than the left ever did.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Here's the first one that comes up on a search:

In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

We'll see if he still intends to throw the collective LGBT community under the federal bus, and see if he keeps good on his promise to rip up Obama's executive order protecting the LGBT community against discrimination by federal workers.

Watch the videos..

He doesn't say that at all.

In fact he really dodged the subject and keeps saying "oh it's gonna take a long long time." Aka I'm not gonna do it but don't sweat me about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You should share that with the DNC. It's a fantastic argument for taking credit for any of Trump's future achievements.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Look, I know you have to find ways to feel better about this any way you can, but gay marriage was so 2004 as a wedge issue.

This election was not about that although we were voting over who got to pick SCOTUS most definitely among other things.

I'll bet though if you take a peek, gay marriage as a voting issue was running right down there with climate change for the vast majority of folks.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You do know that political speech from the pulpit can cost a church it's tax exempt status. I am pretty anti religion and don't think they should be tax exempt, especially when you have pastors wearing rolex's and driving expensive cars and living in mansions, yeah I am pretty much a hard ass on this.

If a church is using their donations to help the local populace, not problems with them being tax exempt. If they are supporting idiots flying bibles into North Korea via drones, yeah, so to speak, that don't fly.

Practice your faith, try to pray away the gay all you can, sing all the songs you want. If you want to be tax exempt save souls, protect people, and do good works. Out side of that all of the religious people in the world can go to hell for all that I care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join