It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grambler

Here's the first one that comes up on a search:

In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

We'll see if he still intends to throw the collective LGBT community under the federal bus, and see if he keeps good on his promise to rip up Obama's executive order protecting the LGBT community against discrimination by federal workers.

Yeah IO watched that video, in no where in it did he say he would overturn gay marriage. He said we thought it should have been up to the states, which I agree with 100%. (By the way, if it was up to the stats, the vast majority would allow it). But he does not say he will overturn it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

SCOTUS appointments....

Count on it, especially if he reneges and appoints judges that have a record of ruling against LGBT and/or women's reproductive rights.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's actually a brilliant leadership strategy. What better way to bring the country together than right after the election completely flip-flop on every position. Essentially make the losing party feel like they actually won. At least it's good lip service.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yeah IO watched that video, in no where in it did he say he would overturn gay marriage. He said we thought it should have been up to the states, which I agree with 100%. (By the way, if it was up to the stats, the vast majority would allow it). But he does not say he will overturn it.

That's the same as overturning the SCOTUS ruling!

It was up to the states before, and states that had laws banning equal marriage were ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Do you think states should decide whether not mixed race should marry too?

edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Here's the first one that comes up on a search:

In an interview with Pat Robertson’s television network yesterday, Donald Trump insisted that anti-gay conservatives can rest assured knowing that he is committed to overturning the Supreme Court’s landmark decision striking down state bans on same-sex marriage.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

We'll see if he still intends to throw the collective LGBT community under the federal bus, and see if he keeps good on his promise to rip up Obama's executive order protecting the LGBT community against discrimination by federal workers.

Watch the videos..

He doesn't say that at all.

In fact he really dodged the subject and keeps saying "oh it's gonna take a long long time." Aka I'm not gonna do it but don't sweat me about it.

Watch the videos is not an argument, some of us do not want to watch the videos. Cohesively make your own damn arguments.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
It's actually a brilliant leadership strategy. What better way to bring the country together than right after the election completely flip-flop on every position. Essentially make the losing party feel like they actually won. At least it's good lip service.

But that would mean that those that fell for Trump's sales pitch were voting for a "Hillary" regardless.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It was up to the states before, and states that had laws banning equal marriage were ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Do you thinks should decide whether not mixed race should marry too?

It wasn't that long ago when states had laws against mixed race marriage. Your have love the religious "right".
edit on 13-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I find it most amusing that the left saw Armageddon coming from a Trump presidency, and now that he is moderating many of his positions (as many who voted for him expected he would) the left is even more terrified of him.

I suspect the real fear there is that he might actually do a half decent job.

He always did people just ignored him. On many positions he would simply say that is up to the states and the federal government shouldn't be involved he lumps abortion into that catagory as well. He's been saying it from the beginning but people only chose to hear part of his response.

Trump couldn't help but give his opinion it's Trump but he always said that should be left to the states.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

But that would mean that those that fell for Trump's sales pitch were voting for a "Hillary" regardless.

I'm still amazed he was able to get the nomination.

Now that the Democrats practically don't exist in government anymore what is really going to be interesting is who are the Republicans going to blame next cycle for all the bad government policies? They are in charge of everything. So if Trump turns Liberal at least they can blame him.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Jamie Dixon is Not being Considered for that Job , and He would Not take it if it was Offered either . He has already said that .

"Not interested? Others in the running

CNBC cited anonymous sources that Donald Trump's advisors had said the banking executive was being considered for the Treasury post.

However, according to CNBC's report, their sources said Dimon has already said he would not be interested in the role. "

circa.com...
edit on 13-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
He always did people just ignored him. On many positions he would simply say that is up to the states and the federal government shouldn't be involved he lumps abortion into that catagory as well.

That was my thought also. It's been 4 days and he's flip-flopped on gays and abortion. I told you he was social liberal.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It was up to the states before, and states that had laws banning equal marriage were ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Do you think states should decide whether not mixed race should marry too?

What makes you think that anything is going to change?
Trump has already said that those he appoints to the Supreme Court will be Constitutionalists.
It has already been decided that gay marriage is constitutional.
The Supreme Court will continue to be sure than any state laws follow the constitution, as they have been.
So... what are you so afraid of?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Maybe he's listening to the voices of the people who are out there protesting, and stinging from his 59% downturn in hotel business after global boycotts. Any changes that he willingly makes now will be better respected than having to blame Hillary for failing to fulfill his campaign promises later.

Why do you care?

If I like the postions that Trump ends up pushing for, I don't cae why he is doing them. Rather he pushes for everyday working people because he is a great person that wants the best for them, or he is an arrogant piece of crap that just wants to win, as long as it helps the people, what do I care?

So why don't you feel the same way. You here Trump is for one of the positions you are for (at least I am assuming you are for gay marriage) and instead of being happy for that, you use it to attack him.

I rarely agree with you, but you come across with common sense arguments. We may come from oppisite sides of the aisle, but I would bet we have more in common than the folks pandering to the fringe would like to see. Print media is dying, they are pulling out all of the stops in order to survive.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Most social issues should be left to the states.

What you need to understand is that not all people in this country are equally socially conservative or equally socially liberal. There are all shades.

It is a mistake for the Federal Government to think it ought to set any default. Prohibition was a mandated social position, the war of drugs is also. I can guess what your position on the last might well be. And yet, incremental legalization, state by state is the proper way to let it happen.

It gives people the freedom to move around and opt in or out. It lets things be tried small scale to see how well they work before people in other areas decide if something is right for them or not.

In the end, there may be things that never happen in some places, but that's OK. Not every area has the same culture and cultural values and mores in this country and that degree of flexibility should be retained.

link   

Now that the Democrats practically don't exist in government anymore

To be fair, I believe the Dems gained some ground in congressional seats.

what is really going to be interesting is who are the Republicans going to blame next cycle for all the bad government policies? They are in charge of everything. So if Trump turns Liberal at least they can blame him.

True. They are in charge. Can't pass the buck anymore. They better go to work and quit blaming the Left for their failures.

link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
He always did people just ignored him. On many positions he would simply say that is up to the states and the federal government shouldn't be involved he lumps abortion into that catagory as well.

That was my thought also. It's been 4 days and he's flip-flopped on gays and abortion. I told you he was social liberal.

Seriously.
He did not change his mind.
The only problem is that you bought into the MSM LIES instead of researching the man's positions for yourself.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Trump has a history being a liberal. It's a fact that I am clinging to and causes me to give him my open mind and well wishes. I hope he backpeddles on some of his extreme ideas and decides he just wants to go down in history as being a fabulous president. I am socially liberal....yay if he leads the republicans that direction, even if it means breaking campaign promises. I want him to break bad promises.

I still want fiscal conservatism though.

I do not like some of the comical, backward-thinking ultra-conservative asswipes he is surrounding himself with though.

Drain the swamp...that's what Trump said that resonates with me.
edit on 13-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The guy from the bank thing his name is Jamie Dimon.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: windword

Most social issues should be left to the states.

What you need to understand is that not all people in this country are equally socially conservative or equally socially liberal. There are all shades.

It is a mistake for the Federal Government to think it ought to set any default. Prohibition was a mandated social position, the war of drugs is also. I can guess what your position on the last might well be. And yet, incremental legalization, state by state is the proper way to let it happen.

It gives people the freedom to move around and opt in or out. It lets things be tried small scale to see how well they work before people in other areas decide if something is right for them or not.

In the end, there may be things that never happen in some places, but that's OK. Not every area has the same culture and cultural values and mores in this country and that degree of flexibility should be retained.

So if I as a white man marries an African american woman in NY, and then has my job transferred to Atlanta, I need to divorce my wife? This is somehow ok with you? and all of your Christian beliefs, honestly WTF?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm afraid that he appoints conservative judges that still believe the earth is 6000 years old, the Bible is a history book and marriage is between a man and a woman, and that's the only acceptable sexual relationship that should be honored, as the GOP platform states. It's not really a stretch to imagine such a scenario, since he has Mike Pence who believes those things and has named Ben Carson to his cabinet, who also believes those things.

I'm afraid that he'll appoint judges that have a record of ruling against LGBT and women's reproductive rights, like he has promised on numerous occasions.

I'm afraid that Trump has no regard for truthful intergrity and lies whenever convenient, and that he's willing to sell out any group if it benefits his agenda in another area.
edit on 13-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join